Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

PWNED in 1/10 of a mile.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got an ticket for the same thing a few years back on my honda. Follow these steps and get certified: http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/stdPAge...n-Sep_2003.htm

I had a straight through muffler with 2.25" piping and passed with a 93db. It was a pretty loud exhaust and I'm sure the HKS will pass. From what I could remember, they place the the meter about 2 feet away from the exhast and at a 45 degree angle. The car is then taken up to 3500 RPM I think and they take that reading.

Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Is San Diego PD allowed to sign off on the tickets. I thought it was only CHP and sheriffs that can sign them off.
Another thing, i would suggest calling to a CHP station and inquiring about where can u get ur exhaust DB levels checked by the state. So next time u can drive by a cop going 35mph on second gear, and when he stops u, u slap him with a 4 page certificate.

Good Luck.
I did that after I got my cert. Cop pulled me over and said my exhaust was modified. I gave him my papers and I had a smile thinking I owned the cop, he came back with my cert and a ticket for not signaling, which I did signal. West Covina cops are crooks. My best advice, dont let them know what you have the certificate until they come back with the ticket.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by (>")> G35
Got an ticket for the same thing a few years back on my honda. Follow these steps and get certified: http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/stdPAge...n-Sep_2003.htm

I had a straight through muffler with 2.25" piping and passed with a 93db. It was a pretty loud exhaust and I'm sure the HKS will pass. From what I could remember, they place the the meter about 2 feet away from the exhast and at a 45 degree angle. The car is then taken up to 3500 RPM I think and they take that reading.

I did that after I got my cert. Cop pulled me over and said my exhaust was modified. I gave him my papers and I had a smile thinking I owned the cop, he came back with my cert and a ticket for not signaling, which I did signal. West Covina cops are crooks. My best advice, dont let them know what you have the certificate until they come back with the ticket.
Thanks for the link. I live in Glendora...just north of West Covina.

Where did you go to get your certificate?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
It's been a while, but it was at some community college...I think maybe Rio Hondo.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 PM
juy
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
Question - Can I get another fix-it ticket for the same violations mentioned above in the next 12 weeks (2 weeks for the ticket to arrive & 10 weeks to to fix them all)?

yes you can. it happened to me. received a no front license ticket on a monday and got another on a thursday. i called and ask if this is valid because i thought you can't have two tickets for the same thing if the first hasn't been cleared yet, well i was wrong.

think about it this way, you can get a speeding ticket one day and get another right after. basically don't keep speeding. im my case i "should" put on the front license, but i probably won't. i think it makes the car look hideous.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by juy
yes you can. it happened to me. received a no front license ticket on a monday and got another on a thursday. i called and ask if this is valid because i thought you can't have two tickets for the same thing if the first hasn't been cleared yet, well i was wrong.

think about it this way, you can get a speeding ticket one day and get another right after. basically don't keep speeding. im my case i "should" put on the front license, but i probably won't. i think it makes the car look hideous.
yeh, but those are two completely different things.

they shouldn't allow 10 weeks for you to correct the problem(s) if that's how it's going to be.

i.e. my exhaust fix-it ticket. they are giving me 10 weeks to get that fixed...and i SHOULD be clear (in my mind) for the whole 10 weeks. i mean, what if time doesn't allow me to get the exhaust replaced (with the stock exhaust) or whatnot.

bummer. being punished for the same crime multiple times within the given correctional time is f'd up.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
damn that sucks!!! who gave you the ticket, SDPD? or SDSU pd?

i had an HKS exhaust on my G for about 2 weeks. while my brother had my Fujitsubo Legalis on his G. the HKS made my G loud as fvck when combined with the MREV plus headers. i was actually glad that we made the trade because i get pulled over all the time for stuff like this. especially the NO FRONT license plate thing. i just get the stillen front license plate bracket and pay the $10 to sign it off.

and i don't have tinted windows just for this reason.

suck man, i know. believe me i feel you. good luck!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
Nope u cant.. I'm holding my tint and front plate ticket as long as possible..

i smile at every cop with my windows rolled up during the day =)

- Eric
he actually could get additional tickets...

Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by juy

I remember when i lived in Daygo... I was at a gas station by Firehouse waiting for some friends to go to the street races and the lot got popped by the police. They were stopping everyone but my dumb a$$ didnt have my license, reg, and insurance ready so they pulled me to the side and gave me a two page long fix it ticket... lol... i was so irritated i went home but like a dumb a$$ i didnt have gas so i stopped by the gas station on convoy (another place we raced back in the day) and a cop pulled behind me and started writing me a ticket again... lol... i looked at him and asked if he was serious he said he was so i asked him if he just wanted to copy the ticket i already got 20 minutes prior too. the bastard did but he added loud modified exhaust which the other cops didnt put so i asked him how my car was loud even though it was modified. He told me to start my car and when i told him it was already running he felt like an a$$ so i informed him that i would be contacting his watch captain and informing him of the harrassment. then he started being nice still gave me a ticket though but when i called his watch captain the watch captain was actually waiting for my call and said just to get them signed off and not too worry about it and he commented that the officer that pulled me over the second time said i was really friendly and cooperative... lol... i started laughing and told him that i wasnt friendly at all and said he better log the complaint then he asked if i wanted to go on a ride along one day... lol... i was like are you serious?!?!?!?! then hung up. sorry it was so long but yes you can get a ticket back to back for the same thing if they want to be fvcked up like that. (it was cool i just had my friend sign off the tickets luckily we didnt have to pay for fix it tickets back then)

Last edited by abunai; 09-03-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
yeh, but those are two completely different things.

they shouldn't allow 10 weeks for you to correct the problem(s) if that's how it's going to be.

i.e. my exhaust fix-it ticket. they are giving me 10 weeks to get that fixed...and i SHOULD be clear (in my mind) for the whole 10 weeks. i mean, what if time doesn't allow me to get the exhaust replaced (with the stock exhaust) or whatnot.

bummer. being punished for the same crime multiple times within the given correctional time is f'd up.
Couple years ago, I got tickets for no front license plate, back to back; one at 10pm, another at 1pm the next day... Talked to the CHP, and he mentioned that if they were the same day, I could get one thrown out, but because they were different calendar days I had to pay up.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Team Transport Member
You dont have to change your exhaust for a fix it ticket...The law changed a few yrs back its your choice to keep it and take the risk of being pulled over. You just pay the fine.

And yes they can write you another ticket for the plates I got 3 tint and plate tickets in 3 weeks and had to pay for all 3

Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
haha told you the HKS = to loud!

-Sean

Old 09-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Nismo G
haha told you the HKS = to loud!

-Sean
told me when?

not to mention hks + HFCs > hks alone...

Old 09-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
told me when?

HKS + HFC = loud
INJEN + HFC = louder right right...

best wishes cal...hopefully it aint to bad

Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
told me when?

long time ago when we used to battle between the hks and the stillen i always said the reason i didnt like it was because it was to loud.

-Sean

Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
hks isn't that loud until you step on it. At the speed Calvin SAID he was going , it shouldn't of given the cop a reason to pull him over. Must've been the tint and no front license plate. unless you floored it in first gear up to 15mph...lol.

well at least you have someone in the family that can write it off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PWNED in 1/10 of a mile.