Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Some One Backed Into My Car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some One Backed Into My Car!!!!!

[RANT]

AHHH THERE IS NO END!!!!!!! =((((( I stopped by the UPS store today to pick up a tracking number and within that 2min someone in a Lexus GS backs into my car!!!!

hit the rear bumper from the driver side so it bent the mounting bracket for the bumper to quarter panel and the bumper is kinda toast (popped the dent back out so it looks alright but the material is fiberglass so theres some hidden cracks for sure..

ugh its a modified kenstyle rear with carbonfiber center

boooooooooooooo

Thank god he spared my wide body quarter panel and rims ._.

[/RANT]

Old 09-17-2007, 05:43 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf sucks dude. you get their insurance?

Old 09-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Old 09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics pics pics pics!!! oh man this must hurt.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that sucks bro.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
no pix yet i snapped some with the camera phone but yeah...

#$%#*%#$ ughh.. iono I asked him insurance or cash.. I warned him hes going to pay +$1,000 if he goes by cash.. he said cash so .-. but I took his info anyways.. I told him I'll hold off calling my insurance for 2 days.. I already have 3 estimates from Creative Autobody (my bodyshop), 2020 Autobody city of industry, and just some local bodyshop o.O guys looking at $1,300 with parts.. ughhh the bumper actually looks okey lol.. spider cracks on the inside tho =(

Old 09-17-2007, 06:05 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man that sucks bro.... at least he isnt being a dick bout paying that much

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ he doesnt have a choice? lol its either he pays or insurance pays..

what sucks is that this rear is a kenstyle replica with the cf in the center modfiied to be a widebody rear ._.

Just making sure but if im not at fault he has to restore my car to 100% the way it is with aftermarket parts right? my insurance company reconizes the aftermarket kit but if I was warned that if I ever had to claim it its going to bite me in the *** in the future.. But to my understanding and past experience when dealing with insurance (mines and many many customers) is that if I'm parked in a legal parking spot and he backs into me its 100% his fault because I'm not moving o.o

Now if its not my fault its his insurance's duty to restore my car to its condition before the accident aftermarket parts and all.. versus someone that makes a claim.. then YOUR insurance company has the duty to restore your car to whatever you claim your car to be from stock to fully modded right

Old 09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
insurance depends on what you have covered. sometimes you have to give them receipts, proof, and such. depends on your insurance. you also have the option to "cash out" your claim. get a estimate from the dealer or authorized insurance adjuster/estimator person. and they pay you cash instead of paying the body shop directly.

if you're not moving and he is, then most of the time it is his fault.

did you file a police report? hopefully you got his plate atleast so if he denies hitting your car and not pay, then you can report a hit and run which will screw him badly.

Last edited by izmir41500; 09-17-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
dang man. sorry to hear it..

Old 09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Premier Member

That's sucks...Hope you get it fixed man...GL...

Old 09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ yeah lol I get everyone to the point where they cant deny the claim.. I have it written and signed that he backed out into me etc.. the whole story.. no I didnt file a police report (I didnt have the time) also I have pictures of both cars as is during the accidents.. picture of his license/registration/license etc.. picture of plates vin number etc.. and damages on both parties.. he on the other hand had nothing at the time.. My coworker was sitting in the car with me (We were on the way back from lunch) so I have a witness as well.. also the owner of the UPS store came out to look at it out of boredom.. so I have witnesses and their cell phone numbers as well..

also my insurace covers my custom paint job and kit i also have past invoices of everything as well

Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
^ yeah lol I get everyone to the point where they cant deny the claim.. I have it written and signed that he backed out into me etc.. the whole story.. no I didnt file a police report (I didnt have the time) also I have pictures of both cars as is during the accidents.. picture of his license/registration/license etc.. picture of plates vin number etc.. and damages on both parties.. he on the other hand had nothing at the time.. My coworker was sitting in the car with me (We were on the way back from lunch) so I have a witness as well.. also the owner of the UPS store came out to look at it out of boredom.. so I have witnesses and their cell phone numbers as well..

also my insurace covers my custom paint job and kit i also have past invoices of everything as well
F'n parking lots! FYI, CHP will not make out police reports in parking lots, because they are private property. You can file a report at the station later if it's required, but that'll just be your verbal account of what happened.

When my car got hit, I was cruising down the parking aisle at ~5 mph, and the guy reversed out of his space into me. He was completely at fault, and his insurance company never even tried to deny that; they said they would pay from day 1. With you being immobile, I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble with that.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Some one backed into me about 8/9 months ago. Damaged my front bumper cover. My body shop told me it could be repaired, but wouldn't be acceptable to me, he recommended a new one. The person who hit me had Mercury Insurance If you file a claim, hope he doesn't have Mercury Insurance. They would only pay for a repair, I escalated it, but got nowhere with them. I ended up paying the balance. Mercury Insurance is a POS

Now on the other hand, my wife got hit in the back bumper about 2 months ago be some one that had Farmer's Insurance. They came to the house and did an estimate that was slightly lower than the one from my body shop, when I showed them my estimate from my body shop, he increased his to $50 more than mine, and gave me a check on the spot.

Lou

Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by lowrider
Some one backed into me about 8/9 months ago. Damaged my front bumper cover. My body shop told me it could be repaired, but wouldn't be acceptable to me, he recommended a new one. The person who hit me had Mercury Insurance If you file a claim, hope he doesn't have Mercury Insurance. They would only pay for a repair, I escalated it, but got nowhere with them. I ended up paying the balance. Mercury Insurance is a POS

Now on the other hand, my wife got hit in the back bumper about 2 months ago be some one that had Farmer's Insurance. They came to the house and did an estimate that was slightly lower than the one from my body shop, when I showed them my estimate from my body shop, he increased his to $50 more than mine, and gave me a check on the spot.

Lou
thats not going to be the cause because the body shops that I'm taking it to will have the repair cost above the cost of part if they want to repair it its fine by me lol I'm buying a new one anyways this ones toats.. also you should've had your bodyshop with your insurace company argue a case for you against mercury.. by law they have to do that.. its what I love about insurance.. you have alomst unlimited resources because your insurace company will fight til the death if they it means they wont loose money..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some One Backed Into My Car!!!!!