Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Bad day for the G Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well it's not so bad noe that I won't have to pay the deductible. and it was going to be such a pain in the a$$ to get him to work it off the way we wanted to. He wanted to dictate the time and pay e worked. We told him "no" and then my wife got fed up and just told him to go. So now I get my wheel and windshield fixed and get charged no deductible, so all in all it worked out.

Later,

Ray

Old 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
sorry to hear about that

Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
that sucks bro! sorry to hear about that as well..
we can do a temecula caravan to SD haha

Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah Dru, the car has been through a lot. Now I'll just need to get that new tranny and everything will be alright. Maybe with my X-mas bonus. Gotta love those executive bonus'. JNTHN, we can do a caravan, but I'll have to have my nephew drive me, lol.

Later,

Ray

Old 11-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice to see everything is working out for you........wow good self control I think I would of lost it!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Well I got the car back today. The body work looks great,,,,,But,,.. When I was looking at the wheels that they fixed, I saw that the clearcoat that was done was a very bad job. The wheel repair looked good, but the clearcoat was not polished. The (Exxon) name sticker was, I guess polished away during the repair and they did not replace it, not that I think they could since Rays stopped making the wheel a few years back (just after I bought them from an old G35DRIVER. Then the tire shop that they used put the wrong Pilot Sport tire on (I have the PS2's) and they are trying to tell me that Michelin just changed the tread pattern, it looks like a Pilot Sport A/S. I called Michelin themselves and they are saying that there in no noted change to the tread pattern. So I'm going to have the car taken back to repair the rear wheel again and see about getting the right tire. To top it off, when the guy was bringing the car around, he cut the turn into the drive way too short and I saw him hit the curbing and I think he damaged the front right wheel now! This is just killing me! So we are taking the car back tomorrow to have them fix it again. I'll keep you up to date,

Later,

Ray

Old 11-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sucks how life serves these sorts of things to us all the time.
Best if you tell your nephew about it. Not to press him for financial responsibility as you've made it clear its impossible for him, but more importantly for him to learn a lesson about moral responsibility. You should require some type of work exchange for the damage he did. maybe he cuts your lawn for a year, or washes your car or cleans the house...etc. You get the idea. Let him learn that there is a consequence to his actions, regardless if its the equivalent of the actual damage...just a thought.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:18 AM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear Ray. Eesh!
Not cool w. the tire swap. PS2 and PS A/S aren't even in the same zipcode. Shady! Your G's been through hell the past years.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah like I said. The MICHELIN MAN called him directly and set him straight . Now we just need to drop the car off again and the body shop will send both wheels to a different wheel repair shop. Hopefully better than the last one. Now I just need to see if I can find someplace that might have the EXON stickers for the lip of the wheel. And I think I said it before, but the body and paint work was great, it was just their out sourcing that sucked a$$.

Later,

Ray

Last edited by RacerX35; 11-27-2007 at 07:41 PM.