Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

ski and snowboard packages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ski and snowboard packages

what are some good places to go skiing and snowboarding in places close to SoCal?

Any packaged deals? I went a couple years back and had a blast for cheap. Included equipment rentals, lodging, and lift passes for 4 days and 3 nights. I'm looking for a similar deal.

Anyone with experience?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
zumiez in topanga mall. i just bought everything for $455. board,bindings,boots

Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mt. High and Bear is pretty dead.. You should try Mammoth Mountain..

Old 11-01-2007, 03:38 AM
mammoth is sick....i'm heading out there in january. snow summit isn't bad when the weather is good, but if this season is anything like last year, it's not gonna be that great...but it's within a 2 hour drive. not bad for that short of a distance

Old 11-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
went to big bear once and it was horrible..never going again. mt. high is not that great either. mammoth is prob guna be the best one you can find in socal. my favorite resort thus far is kirkwood in tahoe...can't wait for season to start!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
big bear is ok when snow is fresh and powder. as far as deals for boards and everything go to the LA convention ski dazzle should be coming up soon.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
go to skidazzle for the snowboard deals...as for snowboarding in socal...if you dont want to go far go to mt.high...night boarding is nice out there...or you can go to big bear.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:37 PM
G35driver Addict
i'm not really looking to purchase any equipment. i'd rather get a packaged deal where all the rentals, lodging and lift tickets are included.
is skidazzle worth getting tickets to if i'm not buying anything? like, would they have packaged deals like i'm looking for?

i'm hearing that mammoth mountain is my best bet if not, then lake tahoe.

good info, keep it comin.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
try www.slidingonthecheap.net the list all the resort deals and update every week.

Last edited by sydg35; 11-02-2007 at 04:23 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
G Kreuzer
If you mean literally "SoCal", then there are only a few here: Big Bear, Snow Summit, and Mountain High. The biggest problem here is the snow. We simply don't get enough quality snow down in SoCal. It can also gets quite crowded for the size of the resort.

For serious powder you'd want to head towards NorCal, where you'll find several world class ski resorts at Lake Tahoe and Mammoth Lake.

North Star (North Tahoe), Kirwood (South Tahoe), Sierra (south Tahoe), and Mammoth are among some of my favorites.

Ugh! The anticipation for this season to begin is killing me.
Soon enough however ... it's November.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Skidazzle is probably the best place to get deals. You can also try some online stores such as eternalsnow.com . Who actually has taken their G up to the slopes? I'm afraid of taking mine there due to people walking in between cars with their board causing scratches, dings, etc. IMO i would'nt go for package deals because they usually consist of crappy stuff. Just buy the boots, bindings, boards seperately. That way you get what you really want instead of buying something mediocre and end up spending more on a whole new set up next season.

Last edited by RealMFG; 11-01-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 PM
talking about ski and snowboard.. i need to replace my bindings an boots
ride control and timeless.. not a burton fan

Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
G35driver Addict
Originally Posted by THX723
If you mean literally "SoCal", then there are only a few here: Big Bear, Snow Summit, and Mountain High. The biggest problem here is the snow. We simply don't get enough quality snow down in SoCal. It can also gets quite crowded for the size of the resort.

For serious powder you'd want to head towards NorCal, where you'll find several world class ski resorts at Lake Tahoe and Mammoth Lake.

North Star (North Tahoe), Kirwood (South Tahoe), Sierra (south Tahoe), and Mammoth are among some of my favorites.

Ugh! The anticipation for this season to begin is killing me.
Soon enough however ... it's November.
when does the season start?

i got this info for whoever wants to know also.
Originally Posted by Dozer
1. Mountain High - 1 hour 15 min drive from LA - Closest but conditions aren't the greatest plus it gets super packed. I started doin night sessions but even that got really packed. you'll find yourself running people over or stopping every couple hundred yards...

2. Bear Mountain/Snow Summit - 2 hour 15 min drive - Better conditions, longer trails, not as pack but it still pretty busy. They have a really nice park up there too.

3. Mammoth Mountain - 5 to 6 hour drive - Closest place for quality riding, wide open, and long runs. It might be remotely crowded down the main runs but thats about it. Nice place to spend the weekend.

4. Lake Tahoe (Heavenly) - 8 hour drive - Some of the best riding i've ever done was at Heavenly... You can ride all day long and not go down the same trails. they offer everything from cross country sking to back country skiing. It takes about 45 mins to get to the top of the mountain, which means a 25-30 minute continuous ride down... NICE!!! I cant say enough about this place...

Now as for gear... ski dazzle is probably your best bet, but if not this is the best time to go to your local shop and check out last years gear. which i'm sure are going to be slim pickings...

This is only my opinon of the experiences I've had when I was there. Other people might think different. Hope this helps a lil. Good luck and have fun... :thumbup2:

Old 11-02-2007, 01:53 PM
winter is coming guys i cant wait.my 3 season of boarding...the best place to board would be Mammoth Mountain.I think this season im heading to Heavenly.hope its Heavenly as you say bro

Old 11-02-2007, 02:12 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by izmir41500
when does the season start?
For me, the silly season doesn't start until lots and lots of powder drop, so hopefully soon. Most resorts open officially sometime this month. Mammoth begins ski operation in one week and Heavenly to follow a week after.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ski and snowboard packages