Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

San Diego Group/Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pharrari
^ Had a good excuse for not showing

I do Julian runs with the Ferrari Club a few times a year. Its a good run that we do, filled with food and Fuel stops. Have the route programmed in my head if anyone want to do a Julian day.
I've done I think 5 Julian runs in the past couple of months (I posted a thread on my last one). There is a really great breakfast place right in town that we always go to. We should definitely hit that place up.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. I also suggest leaving early to beat the typical congestion of other cars/bikes.

It would be wise to have a car in front with radar and one in rear with radar as well. If we all have a 2 way radio it could save a lot of confusion.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree. I also suggest leaving early to beat the typical congestion of other cars/bikes.

It would be wise to have a car in front with radar and one in rear with radar as well. If we all have a 2 way radio it could save a lot of confusion.
I wouldn't mind going in front since I can probably set the fastest pace there, but I don't have radar. I have actually never seen a cop there when I've gone on a run. There's the last stretch right as you get into julian that you can easily get past 100 mph. The last time I went I hit 130, following a supercharged lotus.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
There are always Julian sheriffs patrolling or speed trapping on the weekends. The long stretch you are talking about im assuming is right before you pass the bakery and the gas station.

It's a long straight with power line's on both sides. This is typically where a Sheriff SUV is parked with radar.

If it was a lime green lotus, it was my friend.

I have radar, and radios. However, I don't exactly plan on going near 100 on those julian roads.

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
I wouldn't mind going in front since I can probably set the fastest pace there, but I don't have radar. I have actually never seen a cop there when I've gone on a run. There's the last stretch right as you get into julian that you can easily get past 100 mph. The last time I went I hit 130, following a supercharged lotus.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
dut
I've done I think 5 Julian runs in the past couple of months (I posted a thread on my last one). There is a really great breakfast place right in town that we always go to. We should definitely hit that place up.
Saw a couple lambos and ferraris yesterday out there. Also saw a group of Miatas.. LOL!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Yes, they were probably from the 'Supercar Tour'. They had a rally yesterday around the afternoon. http://time2rally.com

Originally Posted by dut
Saw a couple lambos and ferraris yesterday out there. Also saw a group of Miatas.. LOL!!!!!!

Last edited by pharrari; 03-03-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
yea i love all you guys too.... SDG <---- does everyone agree with that...so i can tell neil that were a for sure go

Old 03-03-2008, 04:34 PM
There are always Julian sheriffs patrolling or speed trapping on the weekends. The long stretch you are talking about im assuming is right before you pass the bakery and the gas station.
Nope, wrong stretch, that is the Mt. Laguna route. There's another route that we take going up which is much better. Mt. Laguna gets crowded super early

Its the straight where it is right before you turn left to get to Julian. It is still about 10 minutes away from Julian

If it was a lime green lotus, it was my friend.
Green Lotus's are extremely rare and very sought after. There is only one dude who has one that I know and he's a spoiled rich dude that wouldn't take delivery until it was equipted with a supercharger. His dad had to pay more than $10k over the price of he supercharger kit, for one used from my buddy (the kit was extremely backorderer - this kit was the only street legal kit available for the lotus)

Nope, wrong stretch, that is the Mt. Laguna route. There's another route that we take going up which is much better. Mt. Laguna gets crowded super early

Its the straight where it is right before you turn left to get to Julian. It is still about 10 minutes away from Julian, and completely open for no place for smokey to hide.

However, I don't exactly plan on going near 100 on those julian roads.
oh yes you will. Pear pressure is a wonderful thing lol

Here's the thread from my last run:
https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/197754-1-13-sunday-morning-mt-laguna-run.html

The gray lotus is John, a once moderator on My350z, and one of Ahero's last photo shoot guys. The red is a buddy I'm in law school with, and the others are guys from the forum that were given last minute notice/invite to come. The Z is a TT Z which is for sale.

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 03-03-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yo man im down for the count all the time, but yeah a 2-way radio sounds cool.because most of the guys will get cought up in traffic or a little slower then others. but Costco have two 2way radio by Motorola Talkabout for only $71.58

Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
So Cal G's ? = SCG
San Diego G's ? = SDG
San Diego G club ? = SDGC

How about we narrow down the names and do a Poll ?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BKZJAYY718
So Cal G's ? = SCG
San Diego G's ? = SDG
San Diego G club ? = SDGC

How about we narrow down the names and do a Poll ?
SDG

Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey i don't know if all of you guys be on AIM/AOL.. but i think its a cool way to keep in touch

here is my screen name.

1. MY G35 IZ SICK

Old 03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
SDG AIM screen names:

1. BKZJAYY718 - MY G35 IZ SICK
2. Lawy'd U - silencer0070 (it's really old, so no jokes!!!)

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
3. pharrari - pharrariaim

Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
SDG AIM screen names:

Sacured, AOL sucks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Diego Group/Club