Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

need help for my GF's 20th B-DAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make reservations to have a nice dinner at Disneyland? "Catal" in Downtown Disney is pretty upscale.

Blue Bayou is nice dining next to the water in Pirates of the Caribbean. Not exactly romantic, but it's the #2 place in the park where people propose. They have this dessert with 3 flavors of creme brulee and it includes a Candy Treasure chest box. You could pretend that since the surprise was ruined, you returned the earrings. So when you order the dessert, the earrings can show up in the treasure chest box (which is why it's the #2 place to propose). If you decide to do this, make sure you make the reservations in advance.

Honestly though... your surprise is already not a surprise. If your gf isn't materialistic and you both really do love/understand each other, she'll already appreciate what you tried to do. Those are the keepers.

I surprised my gf of 5 years to a trip to Disneyland on her birthday. Trip itself wasn't the surprise.... the surprise was that i got a lot of our friends and family to show up and surprise her at the park.... then i got down on one knee in front of everyone.

Now we're happily married

EDIT: Just realized you did make reservations at Blue Bayou. I think what i said up above is a good twist. Just hide the earrings in the "Treasure Chest" after you telling her that you returned it.

Last edited by Day177017; 03-12-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
You know what to do...

do this...and put the earrings in the box haha

Old 03-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah,she is a keeper. she did that me that she really appreciated how i had planned it out. she didn't really care about where we were going. just the fact that i took the time to really think about it and how i tried to make it a surprise.

she knew i was going to do for her. but she didn't know what. and that was the surprise.

i don't think i can do the whole disneyland thing. she already found out about that.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Pinoy
do this...and put the earrings in the box haha
no no no ... hand her the earrings ... tell her there is a pearl necklace for her in the box

Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TopNotchG
we've been dating on and off for 2 years and we've only been together for about 5 months. on the day of her birthday it will be 6 months.
Let me ask which anniversary do you celebrate, years dated or years as bf/gf? Sheesh...that's getting too complicated. lol

Take her to Palm Springs and do a day at the spa. 20 yrs old is too young to be giving diamond earrings ESPECIALLY from Tiffany's. I rather get her a choker from there...much less $$.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
no no no ... hand her the earrings ... tell her there is a pearl necklace for her in the box
LOL

Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Let me ask which anniversary do you celebrate, years dated or years as bf/gf? Sheesh...that's getting too complicated. lol

Take her to Palm Springs and do a day at the spa. 20 yrs old is too young to be giving diamond earrings ESPECIALLY from Tiffany's. I rather get her a choker from there...much less $$.
years as bf/gf. its just that on her b day its going to be 6 months as bf/gf. so i thought doing a little something extra bc we'd be celebrating 2 occasions.

i would appreciate it if more people would post helpful stuff.
the jokes were pretty funny but once it got to page 2 its just annoying.
help a fellow G owner out guys.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But what if she really wants to go to Disneyland? I know if my wife found out and then i said screw it, she'd be upset that i went through all the trouble and decided to cancel.... especially if she really wanted to go. Don't let a ruined surprise ruin a potentially fun day/night out. Talk to her and see what she thinks. No matter how you look at it, the element of surprise is already gone. Even if you plan something else, she'll know you're trying to do something.

The whole idea of a surprise is to not let her suspect anything. If she suspects, she'll find out. Women are evil like that

Old 03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Just take her to chuck e cheeses. That'll surprise her for sure. man you shouldn't of told her friend, your original plan is a tough one to beat.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Just stick with your original plans, even if it's ruined. Then bone her after and call it a day

Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
ROFL! you guys are bad... i'll make sure i ask for help next time. lol...

Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad

Well at least you'll know she likes it?

The last thing you want to do is spend a shmillion from Tiff & Co and getting something that she wouldn't want haha

As for surprise... just tell her you ended up not getting anything for her and bought new rims for a car... then at the end of the day pull out the present =D you get surprises x2!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
Just stick with your original plans, even if it's ruined. Then bone her after and call it a day
Do it before, she might not like your original plans Just kidding D=

Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^ +1 ....Do it before, then do it again after if you still can....win win situation!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:13 PM
hey are you good with making stuff? if you are you should make a scrap book of all the things you guys did for the past 6 months. that always work for me. i would suggest a shadow box, so she can keep it for a very long time. and no chance of losing it like earrings. good luck.. hope my suggestion will helpl

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need help for my GF's 20th B-DAY