Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Yet another Cali crackdown...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008 | 02:11 PM
if I was a business owner I wouldn't want a bunch of hoodlum racers hanging out in my parking lot scaring away the partons.

if you want to have a big meet then get the OK from the owner. it's private property, not public.

those of us on this forum might be nice and upstanding citizens but the car scene often brings out the worst in people and some of the lowest socioeconomic status individuals. Who wants a parking lot full of 16-22 year old gangster or people who are delusional enough to think that they're gangsters?

it surrounds itself with children that have big egos and short fuses. things happen all the time at these meets whether it's a rivalry that's been ongoing , simply someone looking at someone else the wrong way, sitting on the hood of their car, etc.

If you want to have these "meets" then get together with the owners of the location, or meet in a local public place and get an ok from the city. These are no different than any other event someone holds and should have security/safety in mind first.

Finally on the issue of street-legal modded cars, we have a reason for the regulations we put on vehicles. Many of these cars are a danger not only to the people who drive them but to public safety. If you want to build a car that isn't street legal then leave it at home and trailer her to the track.

I'm sure we all agree here that there are laws that are reasonable and the logic behind these laws existing is a legitimate attempt at protecting public safety.

Old 08-27-2008 | 02:15 PM
oh yeah and our city has a big car show yearly and the local sonic drive-in has a monthly or weekly car show that's well organized.

these kinds of things can happen wherever you're at so long as you play by the rules of civilized society and act responsibly.

Old 08-27-2008 | 03:55 PM
This is why I had our meets at Angels Stadium for this very reason. No business to interrupt and the grounds keepers know us and are "o.k." with it if we don't exhibit speed or get crazy which people have adhered to.

Old 08-27-2008 | 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Onyx
This is why I had our meets at Angels Stadium for this very reason. No business to interrupt and the grounds keepers know us and are "o.k." with it if we don't exhibit speed or get crazy which people have adhered to.
I used to work in the office building right there...

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:07 PM
hey civic? gangster??? Wtf are you talking about, ever been to a g meet, i havent see any gangsters there??? Maybe your honda scene We never had any issues of members fighting each other at our meets, or even dissing each others cars, what the helll hahaha

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
hey civic? gangster??? Wtf are you talking about, ever been to a g meet, i havent see any gangsters there??? Maybe your honda scene We never had any issues of members fighting each other at our meets, or even dissing each others cars, what the helll hahaha
Werd. It's always somebody else with another type of cars dissing the g35's. Heck I was at another meet the other day when some dude was complementing another dude with an altima. And the altima dude thought the other dude was being rude. dude....

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
ain't that some shiiit! Hey coper, it's called a hobby.

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:18 PM
"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"

****ing idiots... what a horrible argument to have with a meet crew especially in the USA lol ... umm you dont need it to drive normally... but the fact that you have it obviously means you race... so you have a gun... well obviously you are a murderer... what happened to that argument lol?

umm... excuse me officer... I dont think you need that Special issue glock... I dont think you need that vest and most of all... I dont think you need your job... I mean... why the F am I paying for this ****?

For that matter... do you star in ****? well then I say we can take off a few inches from your d!ck you d!ck... and what about them toes? when was the last time you used your little toe? off you go!!

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:31 PM
Honda meets are the ones that get out of control, in our G meets we even see cops come out and take pics with us. Not only that even firefighters/paramedic pull in and take pics of our cars themselves to bring home, half of them drive a G themselves. But hondas, let that class of people and cars speak for themselves

Old 08-27-2008 | 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
another proof that they are not concerned about safety, but they are there to just get money. *** them.
+1 on that *** the socal popo

Old 08-27-2008 | 08:23 PM
again, not public property and not your property.

if you'd like to have a meet like this then rent a lot or use your own business parking lot to entertain car enthusiasts.

the racing scene in most areas has troubles especially with so much testosterone and egos floating around. feel free to disagree, I could care less.

you're right, I've been to a G meet before and it's very different than other automotive scenes probably because of the value of the cars you're surrounded by people of a higher SES. I'm sure any of you would agree that there are plenty of situations that might come to mind where these car meets can get dangerous. I surely can think of the opposite situation like classic car scenes where things are super safe and the folks are grown adults. the problem is that without proper organization you can't control the situation.

also, note that this meet is at night. a way to keep police off your nuts is to have your car meets during the day time and (again) talk to the management or owners of the lot you're going to use ahead of time.

these folks sound like they had it coming or at least the people who planned it did. they weren't well prepared. this could've been done in various ways to prevent these problems.

Old 08-27-2008 | 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
this is my limited experience in the scene in Houston, Dallas, Austin, and OC. I frankly don't feel safe around some of the folks that show up. maybe your experience is different, I don't know.

in general though I see a handful of disrespectful teenagers that often show up to these things and they ruin the whole thing.

I'm not really in the honda scene and haven't been for about 7 or 8 years now but I assume it's the way you describe.

Old 08-28-2008 | 12:53 AM
thats some B/s there just chilling...with no racing

Last edited by Knowledge35; 08-28-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2008 | 01:17 PM
909/951 sucks for you guys. i would not own a mod'd car if i lived out there since the street racing scene started out there in the early 90s.

Old 08-28-2008 | 03:19 PM
Just have to be more careful out here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yet another Cali crackdown...