Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

once more time! From the WINDOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO the wall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face once more time! From the WINDOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO the wall

Sorry for the tacky title. So my time has come for the window motor to FAIL. Today I realize my passenger side window no longer raise or lower when i open/close the door, and pressing the window button do nothing (geez i am glad it failed while it's up instead of leaving it open or stuck halfway up).

...I heard this window drama before even tho i don't know how many of you guys had the motor replaced. but for those who DID HAD the motor replaced, Can you give me an idea how much you guys paid for the repair and where did you guys got it done?

ALL INPUT ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!(if for any reason you don't want others to know you had your window motor(s) replaced, feel free to PM me !)

i know it's not a very good pic(especially bad photoshopped-ness) but i am still at work and i think i should try to make this thread interesting even if it fundamentally isn't

Last edited by hipvspec; 05-21-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
maybe the lock window button (on the driver's side control) is been depressed or has shorted out

Old 05-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bigc
maybe the lock window button (on the driver's side control) is been depressed or has shorted out

it moves a tiny bit when i just tried .. and i can hear a faint whine from the door

Old 05-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
sounds like its busted then hopefully you can get it fixed under warranty - gl man

Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bigc
sounds like its busted then hopefully you can get it fixed under warranty - gl man
THANKS for the reply man! i wish i still have warranty lol, my car is 03 with 51k miles

Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM
juy
if it's still under warranty, take it to the dealership. they should replace the motor without any hassle.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
More than likely the window motor is out, seen it here a few times. If you're not under warranty I can give you a good price on the motor. Installation isn't to hard, i've done it myself before, the only hard part is making sure the window is lined up correct once you put everything back together, otherwise when you close the door and the window goes up a bit by itself it will be a little bit off, kind of have to play with it a little bit. Just pop off the grip cap and behind there is a screw, take it out and then start poping the door panel off carefully to not break any of the plastic clips, unplug the control switch too. Then you use a socket wrench to take off the thin metal plate hiding the motor and door lock actuator. You'll see the motor and it pretty much comes right out, just unplug it and unscrew it. Then you plug in the new motor screw it in plug in the control panel and roll it up and down a few times to make sure it works fine. Then start putting it all back together, should take about an hour with the right tools. Hope that helps some? Don't be afraid to do it yourself, it's actually a cake walk just be patient.

Trending Topics

Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think it's a manufacturer defect on Infiniti's part. Personally I have had my window motors replaced under warranty 3 times already. Twice the dealership messed up my door panels while installing the new window motor. ( 2 diff. dealerships) So now I rather just push down the damn window when I exit the vehicle.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Sukairain
I think it's a manufacturer defect on Infiniti's part. Personally I have had my window motors replaced under warranty 3 times already. Twice the dealership messed up my door panels while installing the new window motor. ( 2 diff. dealerships) So now I rather just push down the damn window when I exit the vehicle.

damn! that sucks! things is my car don't have warranty anymore

Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RICK@riversideinfiniti
More than likely the window motor is out, seen it here a few times. If you're not under warranty I can give you a good price on the motor. Installation isn't to hard, i've done it myself before, the only hard part is making sure the window is lined up correct once you put everything back together, otherwise when you close the door and the window goes up a bit by itself it will be a little bit off, kind of have to play with it a little bit. Just pop off the grip cap and behind there is a screw, take it out and then start poping the door panel off carefully to not break any of the plastic clips, unplug the control switch too. Then you use a socket wrench to take off the thin metal plate hiding the motor and door lock actuator. You'll see the motor and it pretty much comes right out, just unplug it and unscrew it. Then you plug in the new motor screw it in plug in the control panel and roll it up and down a few times to make sure it works fine. Then start putting it all back together, should take about an hour with the right tools. Hope that helps some? Don't be afraid to do it yourself, it's actually a cake walk just be patient.

i am so glad guys like you are on this forum lol

Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a link to a DIY motor replacement:
Link

Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Here's a link to a DIY motor replacement:
Link
thanks man i read that but then i was afraid to mess things up. it's a really good write up tho must say

Old 05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by hipvspec
thanks man i read that but then i was afraid to mess things up. it's a really good write up tho must say
Trust me, I've taken my door panel off so many times you really can't go wrong. It's fairly simple and that thread walks you through it step by step.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
Trust me, I've taken my door panel off so many times you really can't go wrong. It's fairly simple and that thread walks you through it step by step.
THANKS! i just did it already, gotta love that thread! woohoo

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by hipvspec
THANKS! i just did it already, gotta love that thread! woohoo
Glad you fixed it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: once more time! From the WINDOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TO the wall