Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

WooHoo...Lets Go Lakers!!!! In 5....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thursday is the big day........

Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
If anyone tries to claim that they predicted the Lakers in the Finals at the beginning of the season, they'll get flamed for being full of BS. Remember how Kobe was asking for a trade?? There's no way anyone could have predicted this kind of season or picking up Gasol to solidify the Lakes as an elite team.
Oh be quiet, I've been predicting Lakers in the Finals every year for 18 years.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe
Originally Posted by Corvettekid
I think its a tough call, both teams will be a great championship series. I just think Boston is going to pull in the win over Detroit. I hate Boston, so i hope they lose, period. I think Garnett and Allen are awesome, just hate Boston in general.
My exact thoughts

Old 05-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Oh be quiet, I've been predicting Lakers in the Finals every year for 18 years.
Even when Randy Pfund and Magic were the coaches? Cmon man

Old 05-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im calling the NBA fixed the Finals to get the Lakers/Celtics match up.......

Should the Lakers win the Championship, that will make Phil Jackson the coach with the most Championships, beating out Red Auerbach, who coached the Celtics to 9 Champions.

Food for thought........Hmmmmmm

Old 05-31-2008, 10:15 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^^^^you do to much thinking!

Old 05-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, fixed seems to be more a reality.

Round 1, Lakers get two days off between home games, whereas Denver got 1 day off between their home games, well, and Denver sucked anyway.

Round 2, Kobe shoots a whopping number of free throws vs. Jazz, by far their toughest opponent. But Lakers in this series, too, get 2 days off between home games, and Jazz get 1 day off between home games.

Verify info at http://www.nba.com/schedules/?team=lakers

Round 3, Joe Crawford officiating a Spurs/Lakers game... screams fixed all over it. (Remember when he tossed Duncan for LAUGHING on the bench)
I am a Laker fan, but Fish... that was so a foul.

NBA Finals: historic, hyped, but fixed?

Vegas has LA the odds favorite to win it all. Mafia got a hold of Greg Popavich, "Hey, der was no foul on dat play, kappish? Fugget abot it..." Press conference after game 4, "If I was officiating, I would not have called a foul".

'Cause referees got a .357 to their head, ok!?

GOOOO LAKERS!!!

Last edited by JarjarXG; 05-31-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JarjarXG

Round 1, Lakers get two days off between home games, whereas Denver got 1 day off between their home games, well, and Denver sucked anyway.

Round 2, Kobe shoots a whopping number of free throws vs. Jazz, by far their toughest opponent. But Lakers in this series, too, get 2 days off between home games, and Jazz get 1 day off between home games.

Round 3, Joe Crawford officiating a Spurs/Lakers game... screams fixed all over it. (Remember when he tossed Duncan for LAUGHING on the bench)

Vegas has LA the odds favorite to win it all. Mafia got a hold of Greg Popavich, "Hey, der was no foul on dat play, kappish? Fugget abot it..." Press conference after game 4, "If I was officiating, I would not have called a foul".

GOOOO LAKERS!!!
Whatever, don't tell me about the officiating against the Spurs. There were so many fouls against Kobe and Gasol on Game 5 and the refs didn't call squat against the Spurs unless Lakers had a man on the ground. Did you guys see Duncan elbow Gasol right in the neck and then wanted the ref to call a foul? Kobe got swamped in the paint all night and there were no calls until the 4th quarter. I was there, we were booing so hard I lost my voice.

Didn't matter though, Lakers rallied back from a 17 point deficit and won that game.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
im a lakers fan, but that guy made sense, i believe in sports and mafia, but never express it to people, people are too ignorant to believe you, and its the people that dont know about it at all that will go against you.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Definitely believe it, can you believe no foul call? This series has to go at least 6 games...

Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm a Laker fan through and through since the days of Magic. But the officiating in the Spurs series was just ridiculous and inconsistent... Kobe shot what, less than 7 free throws the whole series? Fisher's "air ball" that grazed the rim? At least they were consistent about being inconsistent....

Old 06-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by JarjarXG

That should work in Denvers advantage then. and both teams are only getting that 1 day rest, so that really doesn't make sense anyways

Again both teams are only getting the one day rest, so doesn't really matter
Also Utah was the worst fouling team in the NBA, so its only logical that the lakers are gonna shoot more freethrows, and the lakers only had like 30 more freethrows for the entire series

He only officiated ONE game, i believe the lakers hade more fouls called on them as well. And the whole bad blodd thing,,,him and Pop were laughing with eachother bfore/after the game so i really don't know about that whole bad blood crap
I do agree however that Barry was fouled, but 1. fishers shot grazed the rim so they shouldn't have even had that shot in the first place, and 2 Barry traveled anyways before he was even fouled
When you give up a 20 pt lead and a 17 pt lead thats the Spurs lack of putting the game away, not the refs

GOOOO LAKERS!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:22 PM
lakers in 5 boooooooyyyyyyyyyy!!!!. Damn, its just like the ol times

Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 PM
lets go celtics~~~!!!!

sorry i had to do it! lol, should be a great series

Old 06-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
GO LAKERS!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.