Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Time it usually takes to get parts from a SoCal shop?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time it usually takes to get parts from a SoCal shop?

Last weekend, I ordered a set of 350Z H-Tech from a local motorsports shop. The owner was actually the one who took my order, and told me that it usually takes about 2-3 business days to get them in. So anyways, I called in today to check-up on my order, this dumb (seriously) dude who works there part-time picked-up the phone and came back 20 seconds later tells me that it might have been been delay to next week since it's a special order.

This shop carries Tein's and have different several sets in stock but not the ones I'm ordering. They aren't like a Tein's authorized dealer, so they probably get it from from their wholesaler. I just dont understand why it would take another week to get them, it's not like they are special order from Japan! I know I'm impatient for this one because I'm planned to install them this weekend, plus I've already had plenty of bad experiences with other shops in the past since the ricer days.

My question is how long does it usually take a shop in SoCal to get parts in?

Last edited by jlin615; 06-26-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:04 AM
****defected****

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
name the shop...

Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by suicidesam
name the shop...
The situation hasn't gotten that bad yet, so I don't want to directly point finger at anyone. But if I still don't get my order by next Friday, and they won't give me a full refund, then I don't think they deserve a good feedback. I just don't think it's right for a merchant throw a quick random ETA at the customer just to make the sale.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Last year when I still had my Accord coupe, I ordered a set of Eibach from Super VIP Motoring in Alhambra. They quoted me a week and it was really a week. Too bad they weren't local from me because I need it soon, if were then I would have just order it from them.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Should take about a few days depends who they go through, unless they are out of stock, then they become special order, but the shop should of checked on that first before you placed the order or at least called you right away.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by RICK@riversideinfiniti
Should take about a few days depends who they go through, unless they are out of stock, then they become special order, but the shop should of checked on that first before you placed the order or at least called you right away.
+1 I agree. I placed the order on Saturday and they quoted 2-3 busnessdays, so you figure they probably should've already put their order into wholesaler on monday. If it's backordered they should of called me, this gives me option of what I want to do instead of keeping the customer's hopes up.

If I were to go back this weekend, I certainly have the right to request refund right?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Dude just be patient you'll get it, it ain't going anywhere else, if its special order that means their wholesaler has to get it from Tein.

As for me I know cause i use to work in this kind of business as a salesman, we take the sale then we order the parts, sometimes when we order the parts and bad news its not available right away and they have to get it, and if thats how it is, it is how its, ran into a customers that just nuts though, i hate it how they make a big deal of their small dollar purchases, commission wasn't enough for me to care sometimes, damn pigeons

As to the O.P, just ask them the reason why they couldn't have it in on time, and I'm sure it will make sense, even if you're angry, otherwise tell us the shop name so we don't go there either haha