Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New Vendor in O.C. !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote for alignment/30k mile service

Hi,

Can you let me know how much for the following services:

alignment on 05 MT Sedan
30k mile service

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
how much to install some coilovers, and front and rear camber kit
thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Experience

Ok so I needed to get my brakes done and decided to try this local shop out...

Went in the about 10/7 and spoke to John and Matt...both great guys from the start..I had some prices for upgrading brake lines/Hawk pads and fluid from a vendor on this site and John said he could match that price I also asked about a rear camber kit and alignment, after getting Johns input decided on a SPC rear camber kit. While getting this done we talked about installing a couple KP tech modules and asked if they would be willing to also paint my calipers since they were gonna be working in there anyway...they said no problem...again very easy going guys

I ordered the modules which took awhile to come in and called to set a install date...At this time I asked Matt if they would also be willing to paint my rotors as well....again not a problem...I suggested they keep my car a couple of days because they had to send the rotors out to be turned and I wanted to be sure the paint was dry...

Dropped my car off 10/20 in th A.M. Matt was moving cars out of the bay so I waited....about 1/2 hour went by and another guy walked in the shop. His car was already there being worked on so Matt helped him out leaving me waiting another 1/2 hour.....Finally he came to me and I went over the details of work being done (I should have gotten this all in writing) but like I said these guys seemed to be on top of things....So I left my car with plans to pick up Tuesday night..

Tuesday afternoon I called the shop and didnt get an answer so I drove over there to see my car on the lift still, installing the camber kit and the rotors still hadnt been painted.....I needed to be somewhere and could see my car wasnt going to be done, waited about 20 minutes without anyone acknowleding me so I left...Matt called me 20 min later and said they told him I was there and he was sorry he missed me...Also that the module installation took longer than expected and so they needed a little more time to finsh. Said mid afternoon on Wednesday...

Wednesday afternoon I get a call asking if I have ever changed my rotors because the pads they ordered dont fit....I say no and they said they will get it taken care of....I head over there about 5 my car looks ready but they still need to connect one of the modules...ask me to come back about 7....I head over and pick up my car. Again.... I wait about 10 minutes and no one even says hello, so I head into the shop and get Matts attention and he says "I saw you come in"
After looking at the car in the dark, I notice more negative rear camber then before I brought it in and ask where they set it. He says let me ask, I am then told they dont know and that I have to take it to another shop to get aligned... I am leaving town in the early AM so I figure I would deal with this on Monday.

Monday I am looking over my car and notice that instead of removing my wheels by hand they used and impact wrench and scratched one of my wheels...also all around the drivers area (floor mat, kick plates) are full of grease as well as on the drivers seat...then looking at my receipt I notice that I was charged for 2 pairs of rear camber kits....

I head over to the shop and first let Matt know about the overcharge...he states that a pair is and arm and a bolt and that 2 pairs are needed to complete the job...I produce 2 print outs from different companies that state otherwise and he says give me a minute to look over these...I wait and he comes back and apologizes for his mistake and tells me he will refund the difference to my card....I also let him know that I am dissappointed that they couldnt do the camber adjustment after I was told that they could...He says that they can do it if they send it out to be done and that "THEY" dont even want to touch my wheels for fear of messing them up...so I take this time to show him where they scratched my wheel and also how greasy they left the inside of my car.....He did apologize for both.

Bottom line IMO is John and this shop is probably and good tuner shop however is still working through being able to provide other services at a high level...

Sorry for the long write up but I wanted to give you all details of my experience....

Thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caltender
I head over to the shop and first let Matt know about the overcharge...he states that a pair is and arm and a bolt and that 2 pairs are needed to complete the job...I produce 2 print outs from different companies that state otherwise and he says give me a minute to look over these...I wait and he comes back and apologizes for his mistake and tells me he will refund the difference to my card....I also let him know that I am dissappointed that they couldnt do the camber adjustment after I was told that they could...He says that they can do it if they send it out to be done and that "THEY" dont even want to touch my wheels for fear of messing them up...so I take this time to show him where they scratched my wheel and also how greasy they left the inside of my car.....He did apologize for both.

Bottom line IMO is John and this shop is probably and good tuner shop however is still working through being able to provide other services at a high level...

Sorry for the long write up but I wanted to give you all details of my experience....

Thanks
Matt told me about the situation.
We will clean your carpets , mats and interior and scratch inside the lug hole on your wheel we can have repaired if you like too, free of charge, obviously.

I didn't realize that the carpets were dirty in the first place, or i would have had them shampoo'd before the car left

please let us know what you wanna do

The brake pads being wrong (what hawk sent us btw), and the modules you ordered (navi) being wrong set us back a day, we did the best we could with what we were given. The alignment shop we use for general alignments (non race string setup) I dont know if i wanted them touching your big huge scratchable wheels and than have it be "our fault"

We didn't charge for an alignment simply told you we could not do it.

PS i processed the refund yesterday.

Last edited by HB Speed; 10-29-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HB Speed
Matt told me about the situation.
We will clean your carpets , mats and interior and scratch inside the lug hole on your wheel we can have repaired if you like too, free of charge, obviously.

I didn't realize that the carpets were dirty in the first place, or i would have had them shampoo'd before the car left

please let us know what you wanna do

The brake pads being wrong (what hawk sent us btw), and the modules you ordered (navi) being wrong set us back a day, we did the best we could with what we were given. The alignment shop we use for general alignments (non race string setup) I dont know if i wanted them touching your big huge scratchable wheels and than have it be "our fault"

We didn't charge for an alignment simply told you we could not do it.

PS i processed the refund yesterday.

Thank you John for taking ownership of the situation as well as refunding the overcharge....

I already cleaned the interior as I am pretty maticulious about my car.....I also really didnt have a problem with how long it took, like I told Matt I would rather it take more time and done right rather than quick.
As far as the alignment it just seemed a little misleading when I was told "you" could do the alignment then when I picked my car up nothing was said about it until I asked what it was set at and I then learned you would have to send it out to be done. If I knew this from the beginning I would have just had that shop install my camber kit...

Again I really appreciate you taking ownership of the situation as well as talking with you the day we met....

Thanks again

Thanks again

Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caltender
Thank you John for taking ownership of the situation as well as refunding the overcharge....

I already cleaned the interior as I am pretty maticulious about my car.....I also really didnt have a problem with how long it took, like I told Matt I would rather it take more time and done right rather than quick.
As far as the alignment it just seemed a little misleading when I was told "you" could do the alignment then when I picked my car up nothing was said about it until I asked what it was set at and I then learned you would have to send it out to be done. If I knew this from the beginning I would have just had that shop install my camber kit...

Again I really appreciate you taking ownership of the situation as well as talking with you the day we met....

Thanks again

Thanks again
Im sorrry man, its been so busy here stuff gets lost in translation some times. If you need anything at all, please dont hesitate to ask me. i will be more than willing to hook it up for you. If you still need an alignment we can do that for you as well ( i can string it for you )

thanks again for your business and i hope to see you again soon!