Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

No more California Refs?!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sure they'd still give citations... they probably have no idea that you CAN'T get your car reffed..

Old 08-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ Exactly!

This isn’t really a good thing... no ref, means you won’t be able to contest... CARB is by no means getting more lenient - in fact there are things going on right now that are WAY more stringent.

They are trying to pass some MAJOR regulations in the transportation industry and its going to trickle down to 4 wheel vehicles... the Feds are putting pressure an manufactures to create clean burning vehicles...

Don’t be fooled into thinking thing are getting better (for us modders)... its not going to get easier at all.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Are our mods worth the headaches....?

When the CHP can stop you for suspicion of illegal mods I don't see it getting
any better of any of us! This means any time day or night we could get
stopped just because the way our cars look/sound....that sucks!
Gary

Old 08-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait wait wait. so jus to make this clear... can someone explain in ENGLISH please? - i got a fix it ticket, does this effect it whatsoever?

Old 08-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by helloscotte
wait wait wait. so jus to make this clear... can someone explain in ENGLISH please? - i got a fix it ticket, does this effect it whatsoever?
what was the ticket for? is the violation correctable?

Old 08-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The citations will still count, the budget hasn't been signed.....this just means these programs are suspended until Arnold signs the budget, but they will still continue on with all citations and programs....

Old 08-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
When the CHP can stop you for suspicion of illegal mods I don't see it getting
any better of any of us! This means any time day or night we could get
stopped just because the way our cars look/sound....that sucks!
Gary
Good news is - if you know transportation law, most moving violations can be contested!

There are soooo many variables to every citation... I've had people ask me for a quick evaluation and "easy out"... obviously its not that easy... but if you understand the "game" that it truly is, you can win.

I'm undefeated. Stated with confidence, because its no bluff and I've handed officers' @ss' to them in court.

As it pertains to “Smog Check”… I haven’t tackled that one yet with this car... However, I truly believe it’s a losing battle. There really isn’t any defense. Unless its in favor of EPA and/or some sort of clean air act... or specific loopholes (which will remain in hip pocket).

Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by helloscotte
if it’s a correctable violation - there are no worries...

What is the vehicle code?

*Not specific to you, but I crack up when people say I got a ticket for "rolling stop" or CA stop" or a "fixit ticket"...

There isn’t any such thing it the CCR or CFR... No vehicle code identifies those things.

This is why it is paramount to understand the actual violation code written on the citation. It means EVERYTHING!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the people the want to get there out of state cars register and smog or the people with engine swaps.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by EricIsKlumzyee
wheres oyouque lol
Im right here!! What the hell do i do now? First i go to my ref appointment last month and they said they were closed because of electrical issues and canceled my appointment without calling me. I waited over a month for that appointment and my ticket was due a week later. I get an extension and now theres no ref?!?!?!? AHH so much hassle for a stock car ref ticket for loud exhaust. Dam CHP with nothing better to do then to camp and ninja a group of Gs.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 AM
^^^ ur kidding - a gvnmnt agency has their heads up their @ss?? how can that be?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
if it’s a correctable violation - there are no worries...

What is the vehicle code?

*Not specific to you, but I crack up when people say I got a ticket for "rolling stop" or CA stop" or a "fixit ticket"...

There isn’t any such thing it the CCR or CFR... No vehicle code identifies those things.

This is why it is paramount to understand the actual violation code written on the citation. It means EVERYTHING!

----------------------

i got a tint ticket.... although i was speeding and he gave me the choice of speed or tint. i chose tint. however does this affect me ? wh

Old 08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
take the tint off or pay the fine, no points no nothin. I just paid th $118 fine.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by g30wh4t
take the tint off or pay the fine, no points no nothin. I just paid th $118 fine.

i wanted to but i dont think that was a given option? i want to jus pay it

Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 AM
i was happy at first but after doing some reaserch and talked to my cousin (sheriff) he said it is only temp and will be back and in full force. in the mean time tickets will continue and since the ref is not there to mediate we cannot contest. when they do come back it will be buisness as usuall. as for one of the previous post yes it will get harder and harder for us to mod but at one point in the WAY distance future we will be doing hydrogen swaps and modding those motors ORRRRRRRRRR................. doing full electuical swaps and of coarse modding those. either way we will still mod. As long as there are cars on the road we will mod the cars. so what if the powerplant is ran by hydrogen,eletric or even mold!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No more California Refs?!?!?