Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I'm going to China in a month...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're in Shanghai you have to get some Xiao Long Bao aka XLB aka soup dumplings.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by oregonskater
If you're in HK hit up Lan Kwai Fong to party. The good clubs are probably still Prive, Dragon-I, Mint, Bejing Club, and Cloud 9 (not sure if that's the name, my friend took me there last time). Things have gotten more expensive, you can't really deal there that much. Mostly you can get high end electronics such as cellphones and cameras before they come out in the US by a couple years. I'd avoid shopping on HK Island side, head over to Kowloon to Mong Kok (just nick nacks, cameras, etc), Sham Shui Po (electronics, hacked xboxes, ps3s, etc), and TST/Nathan Road (Tailor made clothes). Kowloon side is always cheaper and are still willing to bargain (kinda), HK side has way too many rich expats throwing cash around.

I haven't been to Taiwan for awhile, but all my friends in HK fly there on the weekend to party in Taipei, say its the hottest place to be right now. Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions.
Oregonskater is exactly right. I'm in China & Hong Kong about 5 times a year for business (in fact I'm in China now). I never really buy any electronics or anything out here. The counterfiet goods are crappy quality and the authentic stuff is usually more expensive than buying in the US. Just have fun, enjoy the food and DON"T drink the water

Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
RPL
Originally Posted by silverg35sport
I'm gonna b in hong kong for 4 days, taiwan for 2 days and somewhere else for like 2 days

That is not China. Hong Kong and Taiwan are completely different from mainland China. Hong Kong is a great place to shop because of their lower taxes and a great place to eat as well.

While you're in Hong Kong, go to Hong Kong island and make your way to the Bank of China building. I forget exactly what floor it is (maybe 51st?), but they have a free observation deck.

Hong Kong is one of my favorite places in the world.