Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New to Southern CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New to Southern CA

I've been slowed / stuck in some of those phantom traffic jams, and I always wonder why in the world are things backed up for no apparent reason. For the ones that seem random, I've assumed that there must have been an earlier accident or something, but then there are some spots that always seem to get bogged down - accident or not. Nothing like getting that left leg workout in stop and go traffic!

Old 07-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: New to Southern CA

A few spots I know that are always backed up:

60 Fwy eastbound at about Nogales in Roland Heights.....Always jammed, even during weekends all day. I have never been able to figure this one out.

405 Southbound....usually backed up from 105 back to Sunset.

405 Southbound in Long Beach....not stopped, but unusually slow. The two slow lanes move at about 40mph and the fast lane usually has some a-hole going 60 mph and you cant get around him.

10 FWY Westbound from about San Gabriel Bl to Fremont.....#$!@$*# female chinese drivers! Expect to go no faster than 35 mph in the slow lane, even with no traffic. Also beware getting on the freeway here as cars have a propensity to stop on on ramps for no apparent reason.

5 FWY north in Burbank....traffic comes to a near complete halt here at Olive usually backed up to the 134.....and then suddenly starts moving. If you can't drive 60 mph when the freeway curves, don't f-ing drive a car!