Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

"FRIDAY, the 23rd...LACR Drag racing...JOIN!"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:43 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: >>> Join RANDYS_G for Drag Racing at LACR <<<

Indeed, that was a ton of fun. A couple of Zs showed up too from My350z (Patrick and our good friend Jason). In the mist of the excitement and chaos, I must have missed a few of you there ... Augie, Discreet, Rever, and some others?

I was glad the Angeles Forest Hwy was re-opened. A few of us took advantage of this short-cut to the track and it never seizes to put smiles on me face going through it. We caught a small glimps of the fire damage towards the end ... sad to see.

Steve,
... was ON fire!!! This man had an epiphany towards the end of the night hitting a hallucinatory 14.69x! I checked the ticket and all the interval times were in-line with what a 14.70-flat ought to look like. Later, Steve 'the man' pulls a 14.72x ... cementing his new found ability. Good job buddy. Oh btw ... Happy B-day Steve!!!!!

Rob,
Hitting 14.9x your first time out is no minor feat. Good job.

Gurgen,
Getting faster by the day. Gosh, I say just go ahead and kick her up to 8.5psi and see what happens! Go for the Bang ... no pun intended

Randy,
Always a blast running agianst you. We have some of the closest matches. The closest one was by 0.014s at the finishing line. WOW! You always have the best reaction time too!

I bested my previous best a couple of times down to 14.829. I think perhaps there's room in the 14.75x range, but 14.69x ... that's Steve-Zone!

Wes,
I guess you're the one w. the black coupe ... Stillen SC'd? Didn't get a chance to mingle much. Come on buddy ... 14.2 and you're complaining? Haha. Us dummies are getting all worked up for making into the 14s from 15s.

Finally, thanks for those who stuck around at the end to celebrate my b-day. I very much appreciated it. It's also Steve's B-day today, so Hapyy B-day Steve!

Ciao,

Clint (THX723)

Old 07-24-2004, 07:09 PM

It was cool meeting everybody there. Bunch of you guys weer running great. Sad to say my best time 15.9. My 02' maxima ran 15.5...oh well. we got to hook up next time and maybe afterwards we can have a bbq at my house.

Old 07-24-2004, 07:27 PM

15.1 was my best against a 350z, which I did beat...but only cuz it was his second race ever and he was still learning how to launch. I think he also broke his rear end loose and started going sideways off the line.

Oh ya, cuz Clint forgot to mention me (and I was one the one that got him that free cheesecake), I'm gonna say that I beat him across the line too.

'course he flubbed his launch, but in playground rules, his pink would have been mine. LMAO... much love clint..can we play at sea level next time?

Some things I learned (thanks Clint) no power braking, just feather and launch... oh ya, remember to turn off the VDC.

I really didn't push to redline until the end of the night when the temps got below 90 (!)... It ran great, but something's missing (besides some AIR!!) Putting my thinking cap on for the next time.

Cheers, ted

-Ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-24-2004, 11:37 PM

Damn it!
Sorry guys. I really wanted to make it. I had a couple of mods installed Friday morning for the event. It took longer than I thought and I missed an entire morning of work and fell way behind....ended up staying late.
Some guys at my work are interested in going this Wednesday (7/28/04). Anyone else interested?

04' G coupe/TB/Prem/Sport/Nav/35% Tint/Injen CAI/Clear corners/V5 Plenum/GroundingGear/Nismo caps
Plates: 1REVER1

Old 07-25-2004, 12:20 AM
G Kreuzer

Ted,
I posted as a direct response to those who posted before me. Gosh now I feel really bad. But, I swear ... this isn't about "You're not cool enough for me to mention"

In fact, I was just telling someone that it was really really really cool to see you, Nicholas and Wing (thanks for the camera work!!!) make it. For that matter, I was also glad that Ed (G35Lin) made it too. Cheese cakie was yummie! Much thanks.

Yup I did get my **** spank'd by YOU and a couple other people. A couple to Randy, and once to a 1st gen Bug!!! He was already half way down the track before I shifted into 2nd :O

I would also love to make passes closer to sea-level. For once, it would be nice to not have to assume some fudge-factor (~0.6 - 0.8s) to the time slip. Anyone else know of a local track? Cali Speedway and Pomona is out of the question, because they are only open so often and way way way too crowded (2 passes if your lucky).

Btw, I've been meaning to tell you the smoked tail light looks hot ... makes your car look very mean ... I like!

Clint (THX723)

Old 07-25-2004, 05:22 AM

Clint, then next track is in Iwrindale. Only one problem. Is 1/8 of a mile. I have raced there before and the track conditions are very well maintained. There is no sudden change in level of the track like LACR has towards the end of its strip.

Go check it out its all ways has a good turnout.

2004 Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT, Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

2003 Brilliant Silver G35 Sedan Premium Package, Aero Package, DVD Nav

Old 07-26-2004, 04:04 AM

Randy.....Guys....

I finally got a dialup connection up after a miserable cable intereet service experience (still ongoing)

This was the greatest LACR night so far, and I am sure that it will be followed by a better one yet in the near future! If only that track was at sea level....

I am pretty happy with my times... A small correction(possible): I think that the 13.4 run was at about 6.5-6.8 psi, not a flat 6.0 (which gave me that 13.6x) run. And ot think that we were all getting these times in that insane heat. It got to be under 80 degrees only after 9pm, essentially for our last run. Can't waitto go there in the winter and drive in 50deg weather.

I am glad Ted could finally come out with is son Nicholas, although I regret that he got a healthy dose of "less-than-literary" language that we the excited racers were throwing around.

Clint.... man, you keep getting faster by the visit! Can't wait to see what the monster will drive like with the upcoming mods.

Eddie.... that dry ice was genious.... no more ice-bag-on-the-engine incontinence problems!!!!

Wing.... thanks for coming out and getting all the action on video. You are great!!!!!

Hope to see everyone at the next GTG.

G

Old 07-26-2004, 04:17 AM

Wes...

Thanks for the kind words....

A couple of things I forgot to mention (and ask). Since you have an SC, the specified 7psi boost is developed at sea level only. So, in all fairness, you were probably developing less than 7psi (probably ~10-15% - not sure on the number). So, adjust/think of your times accordingly. Your times at sea level would surely be better not only b/c of denser air, but also because you can actually develep more boost (a two-fold improvement).

Also, you probably have some (and maybe more than some) room for improvement here if you are willing to play around with timing, etc. You need to find out where your AFR's are and what is that darn "blackbox" that Stillen is using (to see if that can be modded).

G

Old 07-26-2004, 12:55 PM

I should have left sooner... I got to work late

Jason
AIM: PerformanceNISMO
Yahoo: MyNISMOParts
http://www.performancenissanparts.com

Old 07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so when I'm reading that Gurgen ran a 13.4 is that a sea-level corrected number or is that the actual number? If it's the latter then WOW that's fast for that track isn't it? Congrats.

--Steve

Old 07-26-2004, 01:46 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

That's what he ran at LACR...not-corrected.

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 07-26-2004, 02:07 PM

You get your wheels yet, Randy?

Old 07-26-2004, 04:15 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G

I've had my wheels, just waiting for suspension. prolly going with the Tein Flex w/o EDFC

2 G or NOT 2 G, there is no question!

Injen SES, Kinetix cats, K&N Typhoon, 19" PIAA Super Rozza's (19x9 & 19x10)

Old 07-26-2004, 05:15 PM

I say Carlsbad !

Sat 11am open drags....I probably won;t be able to get out before sept, due to prior engagments... but it is 1/4 mile track.

Anybody got $$ info? Maybe we can put together a giant Nissan/Infiniti race day?

Cheers, ted

'03.5 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 07-26-2004, 07:51 PM

Hey steve

Yes, as randy said - 13.4 actual. From experience (and our calculations) that's about 12.4-12.7 (at 6.5 psi) at sea level. I'll tell you this, I ran 13.996 @101 at LACR and 13.19x @106 at sea level for 4.3 psi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.