Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SANTA MONICA INFINITI voided my warranty! WTF?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Infiniti G35 Sedan Nismo Aero Sport Package
SM closed because they suck! I vouche for Riverside Infiniti!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went for cd player replacement and window seal replacement when they were open. Back in 2007 or so. After that I never needed warranty work so I didn't know about the warranty denied situation.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
take it to Tustin... apparently they are trying to get back in the "mod friendly game"... there is a member out here that is a tech there (name is Kevin, but I forget his screen name)... in another thread he posted to ask for him.

I suggest hitting him up and see if they can take care of you...

If you chose to take it to them - post up your experience (good or bad) - so other members know if it’s worth it.

BTW, I dont know how just wide body and wheels could vpoid warranty... did they prove those were the casue of your problmes? On a TSB I cant imagine them denying warranty - since they are common problems on bone stock cars.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Its not a matter of trying to take it to another dealer. When I took it to cerritos, they were telling me since the warranty voided remark was already made, there was nothing they can do. They can't cover it because even though they knew my mods have nothing to do with things that need work, they would get in trouble because they will be going aginst the protocol

Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by sweettalker
Its not a matter of trying to take it to another dealer. When I took it to cerritos, they were telling me since the warranty voided remark was already made, there was nothing they can do. They can't cover it because even though they knew my mods have nothing to do with things that need work, they would get in trouble because they will be going aginst the protocol
this is why I bothered to post what I did above yours... if you don’t want the suggestion fine - but why post a thread about it then.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
this is why I bothered to post what I did above yours... if you don’t want the suggestion fine - but why post a thread about it then.
When did I say I didn't want the suggestions? I posted a thread about it because I needed some ideas on what I can do to fight this? As someone suggested, calling the consumer infiniti would be a great stop.

Going to anotherdealer won't solve the problem they will just tell me the same thing as Cerritos did. I went to cerritos because i knew people working there service advisor and tech.

And i didn't even know SM put this down on my notes so there was no way I could have argued with them to prove my wheels and widebody aren't factors to dishonor the warranty. If I did know I would have flipped out.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by sweettalker
When did I say I didn't want the suggestions? I posted a thread about it because I needed some ideas on what I can do to fight this? As someone suggested, calling the consumer infiniti would be a great stop.

Going to anotherdealer won't solve the problem they will just tell me the same thing as Cerritos did. I went to cerritos because i knew people working there service advisor and tech.

And i didn't even know SM put this down on my notes so there was no way I could have argued with them to prove my wheels and widebody aren't factors to dishonor the warranty. If I did know I would have flipped out.
What I am trying to explain to you is that there are (very few) dealers that are mod friendly. Cerritos is crap (regardless of your situation – I’ve been there as have others that say the same thing)… Tustin used to be the mod friendly dealer to go to… since then West Covina Nissan and Riverside Infiniti became the place to go… recently a service tech @ Tustin stated that they are willing to work with forum members – “mod friendly” was specifically discussed in recent thread.

So instead of posting about how helpless you are to the **** dealers that won’t work with you – why not try to work with the service departments that support this community?

Fighting with non-supportive dealer service departments is counter-productive and should only be considered as a last resort. You act as though the places I am mentioning can’t help you and you haven’t even been there. Why not try - and then determine your last resort options.

You ask for help – and after being in this forum for nearly five years and dealing with just about every dealer in this area, I give you the best suggestion offered in this thread and you tell me it no use? That’s why I said why post a thread for help when you apparently have all the answers (or at least the only ones you will consider)… Call Infiniti Consumer Affairs???… common – are you telling me you needed a thread to determine that? That is a last resort option if you cant find a dealer to work with you (and any car owner should already know thats an option).