Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Cerritos Infiniti compaints!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cerritos Infiniti compaints!

Weird. I just had a great experience at Cerritos. The ground wire from my s/c ignition controller came loose so my car wouldn't start. They searched for a problem and when they found it they gave me a call saying hey this wire to the s/c is the problem and since it is not covered by warranty you will have to pay so we need your OK to begin work. I drove down there and the head tech showed me the problem. As I was walking back I told the service guy, "hey you know I could theoretically just say don't fix and and I could go home and fix it". He said yeah that would be legal. But since most of the charges were for the time it took to figure out what was wrong and since they were related--and verified by me--to the supercharger I felt like I would be abusing them so I said I would pay anyhow. I assume the guy thought I was being good about it because he offered to split the origional quote with me. So I ended up only having to pay half of the bill. Personally, I couldn't be happier. They were honest--which is really all I care about--and cut me a break on cost as well.

On top of all this: because of the above problem I needed to have my car towed to Cerritos infiniti. The tow truck driver punctured a hole in my bumper, which now needs to be fixed. I told the Cerritos guys about the whole--pun--situation and they have been doing all the leg work to get my bumper fixed. They had the body shop guys come over for an estimate(6 calls in 3 days cause the body shop estimator was out sick for 2 days). They called the tow truck guy to confirm the "accident". They faxed the estimate over to the tow truck guys. Basically, I didn't have to do a damn thing except sit on my lazy but and wait for the infiniti guy to call me back with the info.

So I will definitely go back to Cerritos. They hooked me up and I could not be more satisfied.

-JustICE

Old 08-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine dislikes the service at Cerritos as well. Shortly after he got his I35, he was in for service on various dash problems frequently. They ultimately solved the problem, but it took several trips and a lot of whining to get them to get it done.

On another note, I had applied for a position as a Service Writer there about a year ago. When I interviewed, I could tell from their line of questions that they were looking for salesmen rather than people who actually cared or even knew anything about cars.

Old 08-31-2004, 01:21 AM

Cerritos just hired a new manager and they are trying to do everything they possibly can to clean up their dealers rep. I had a window problem where it would jam and not go up and down but then finally after 10+ minz it would budge. I called Costa Mesa and they gave me a weeks time till they could fix my problem. I called Cerritos and they had me come in on the same day and fixed my problem in an hour and a half. If thats not great service than what is?

I bought my car there but that wasnt a great experience so I stopped going but after what they pulled for me, I am gonna start going to them from now on... They def. have my vote

Old 08-31-2004, 12:38 PM

"Cerritos just hired a new manager and they are trying to do everything they possibly can to clean up their dealers rep"

everything possible? humm, ok, have him read this thread!!

04 6mt Sedan / stock airbox mod / z-tube / k&n panel filter / crank pulley / 18" r/h c2s / s-tein springs

Old 08-31-2004, 01:40 PM

Actually, FYI to everyone who posted in this thread. My wife works for the corporate office that owns Cerritos Infiniti. Your feedback has already been read by the managers and directors (from the first day of the thread thru today). Needless to say, they are concerned and are putting special focus on improving service levels. My wife knows all the of the Cerritos staff very well and was surprised to hear some of the remarks herein.
Just thought I'd let you guys know that these forums remain a great tool for everyone and people are listening. Her company also owns Riverside Infiniti BTW.

04' Sedan / AT / Ivory Pearl / Willow / Premium

Old 09-01-2004, 11:00 AM

My suggestion is if this new M series is going to sell through the roof, then they better start upgrading their service department. Theres going to be alot of people changing from other makes and will notice how the service is different. The dealer is just too small for the amount of cars that they sell. I dont want to put Infiniti down, but when you have dealt with Lexus mentality for 5 years and then change and deal with this then you will understand why.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:07 PM

Don't complain to the BBB they have no teeth! When was the last tome anyone ever checked the BBB before making a purchase???

If you are going to complain do it with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the State Attorney Generald's Office!

If you do that then someone in management or ownership will have to respond in writing and it starts the paper trail.

Good luck!

Old 09-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Cerritos Infiniti service dept. is HORRIBLE. Brought my car back to them a week after I bought it for some touch up on a light scratch on the spoiler, and also had them look into some rattling noises inside the car. They kept my car for 8 days and put 185 miles on it!! I also noticed the rattles were still there and they also left grease marks (footprints) all over the interior of my car. I complained to the service advisor - Mike and also to the service manager - Tom, and they offered to do my 7500 mile tuneup for free. And they also seemed uninterested in resolving the rattling noise problem with my car, all they kept saying was the Infiniti engineers had inspected the car and determined that the noises were normal. Bottom line there was nothing more they could do.
I now drive 40 miles to have my car serviced at Riverside Infiniti. These guys are friendlier and seem more interested in getting your car fixed than giving you some lame excuses about Infiniti engineers saying there is nothing wrong with the car. And they have also fixed the rattles inside the car. I will never return to Cerritos Infiniti ever again!! - Mike

2004.5 G35 Sedan - 5spd AT. Ivory Pearl/Willow interior. Premium / Navi / Sports suspension / Aero packages/ Xpel clear bra.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM

There is a part 2! I dont even know if I should even post it! Lets just say I am glad that my engine didnt blow up on my way home from it being serviced on Saturday. Ill wait til the end of the day to post #2 of 2

Old 10-18-2004, 07:38 PM

My friend took his G35 in to for a basic service. When he got his car back, he noticed a huge scratched on the side of his car. He was pretty upset. What made him furious was the the attitude of the service department. He first talked to the service writer and then to the service manager. I'm sorry but I forgot their names. The service managers first comment was that it wasn't their fault and that it must have been there before and he might have not noticed it. To which he explained how he loves his car and wouldn't spend $35K only to ignore his car. Then the service manger said "Maybe your wife did it." To which he explained that he's not married, that his g/f does not drive his car, and that his car is garage parked. He was upset w/ their attitude and ended up paying for the repairs, cause he didn't want the huge scratch in the side of his car. That was his experience. He's never going back there again.

My experience is that I went in to look at the G35 and no one offered to help me. Not even a hello. In case you're wondering I'm 28. I'm able to get a VPP and I'm sure as heck not gonna go there.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:22 AM
I was surprised to hear noone has been to Costa Mesa Infiniti or Metro Infiniti. I have gone to Costa MEsa Infiniti and they have great service. No complaints. When I bought my G from them I heard that Cerritos was their rival competitor. For some reason I keep having to fill out these surveys after each visit. Anyone else have to do that?

Anyhow I'd like to hear any info on Metro Infiniti in Monrovia. How is the service dept?

Old 08-04-2005, 03:33 AM
this thread left me speechless. i recently bought my G and have my first oil change @ Cerritos Infiniti for free.

looks like i'm going to print this thread and hand it to them, before I get my oil change done or anything there.

keep the responses coming.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:58 AM
+1.....Cerritos sucks. Bought mine from Tustin. Cerritos thinks thier shiet doesn't stink and all they want is to rip you off as much as possible.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Dang, just noticed how old this thread is lol. Anyways, Metro isn't that great either.

Sales peolple don't know squat about the cars. They also like to slap on cheap looking aftermarket stuff and mark it up like 3 times retail. Many brand new cars in the back lot are scratched and dented.

Parts dept could care less about how long you are standing there.

Service dept is slow, stupid, and wayyyyy overpriced. They wanted something like $180 to put on splash guards. They have wasted plenty of my time in the past because they didn't know how to pick up the phone and make a phonecall.

All in all, your typical lame dealership.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Tustin is the place! have Heri or Rick assign it to Kevin... you CAN request your tech.

Cheers, Ted

P.S. I WARNED YOU ALL that Cerritos and Riverside were owned by the same folks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cerritos Infiniti compaints!