Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Just a thought... what do you guys think? (Fighting a Ticket)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GOWAD
is there a 4 way stop in that Intersection?
No Four Way. Just one way.

Originally Posted by lakerschamp2000
you might have a chance bro, if he said you did stop and slowly pulling out, that's exactly the Yield is meant, this is not a stop sign. i said go to the court, hopefully he's not show up, secondly explain to the judge your situation this is a yield sign, not stop sign.
Well there was a stop sign, I stopped but he said I didn't yield to traffic which is not true because if I didn't. How did I know he was there. Besides after he lit me up, I had to make a right then pull over.

Originally Posted by smr514
Just pray that the officer doesn't show up. good lucK!
Even if he does, I am just really pissed that this kind of crap happens. It's like planting a gun in a persons trunk to get them arrested.

Originally Posted by ShanesG
extend it as well, also you can do a trial by written declaration, also increases your chances of wining. I'm in the process of fighting a speeding ticket i got a few months ago, officer said he "paced" me lol
Shane, how do I do a trial by declaration? I guess I'll search this now but anyway... when extending it, do I extend then trial by declaration or....? lol

Originally Posted by smr514
Yea I saw this too, but iernos... I kind of don't want to pay anyone to handle it for me, unless it was a crazy ticket. This is kind of ticket is just not right especially when I know I didn't do anything wrong. But thanks anyway!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
You can either go online before your appearance date and extend it from there, or just go on your appearance date and extend it, then when you go to your appearance again you can try and extend it again(the more time that passes the better, more likely they'll forget what happened), if not tell them you would like to plead not guilty and that you would like to request trial by declaration. They will give you all the paperwork and you will have a a month to send in your defense or drop it off. You can do all this at the clerk windows, you don't need to sit in the court room and wait.
Also you can find some good Declaration templates online that will help you write it.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
You can either go online before your appearance date and extend it from there, or just go on your appearance date and extend it, then when you go to your appearance again you can try and extend it again(the more time that passes the better, more likely they'll forget what happened), if not tell them you would like to plead not guilty and that you would like to request trial by declaration. They will give you all the paperwork and you will have a a month to send in your defense or drop it off. You can do all this at the clerk windows, you don't need to sit in the court room and wait.
Also you can find some good Declaration templates online that will help you write it.
I love you Shane. Have my Babies. Haha Thanks man!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:05 PM
yeah fight it by written declaration . more chance to win

best of luck.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Most of the time, court clerks will give you the maximum 60 days when you request to extend it. They use to give 30 days and require you to come back again for the other 30 days, but it's a waste of time and they now give 60 days. Officers won't forget about going to court because they get subpoenaed each time and it's to their benefit of going as it pays 1.5 hr rate, minimum 3 hr pay.

OP...you got cited for 21802(a) as opposed to 22450(a) because the officer did see that you came to a complete stop, however, unless there was an object that obscured your view of the oncoming traffic, there should be no reason for you to "peep" out past the limit line. If the officer felt a sense that your placement constituted a road hazard, he is all in the clear for the citation. The bail amount is $40 plus whatever court fees and traffic school. Worse case you go fight the ticket, lose and get a point on your record.

What intersection did this happen?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
extend it as well, also you can do a trial by written declaration, also increases your chances of wining. I'm in the process of fighting a speeding ticket i got a few months ago, officer said he "paced" me lol
arent "pacing" and radar guns acceptible by the court?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
^Yes, but where is paced me is a joke and i just dont see how it is physically possible to pace me at over 1/2 mile away around a turn while he's flying up on me.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM
^ hahaah, technically if you KNOW 100% sure the cop didnt radar you or like accidently cleared it after you can get away with it.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Most of the time, court clerks will give you the maximum 60 days when you request to extend it. They use to give 30 days and require you to come back again for the other 30 days, but it's a waste of time and they now give 60 days. Officers won't forget about going to court because they get subpoenaed each time and it's to their benefit of going as it pays 1.5 hr rate, minimum 3 hr pay.

OP...you got cited for 21802(a) as opposed to 22450(a) because the officer did see that you came to a complete stop, however, unless there was an object that obscured your view of the oncoming traffic, there should be no reason for you to "peep" out past the limit line. If the officer felt a sense that your placement constituted a road hazard, he is all in the clear for the citation. The bail amount is $40 plus whatever court fees and traffic school. Worse case you go fight the ticket, lose and get a point on your record.

What intersection did this happen?
Las Tunas and Walnut Grove.

There's the link of the intersection. It was actually a dip so I did slowly "peeped" "creeped" out. If the bail is low like you said I'll just pay it and take the Traffic school, but I do feel as if it was unfair =\

But I understand the cops point of view now since you put it that way. Also if you go to the link and go to south wind ct. just south of the intersection. and zoom in on street view via satellite you can see my G. lol.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by driftGT350
Las Tunas and Walnut Grove. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...ed=0CAgQ8gEwAA

There's the link of the intersection. It was actually a dip so I did slowly "peeped" "creeped" out. If the bail is low like you said I'll just pay it and take the Traffic school, but I do feel as if it was unfair =\

But I understand the cops point of view now since you put it that way. Also if you go to the link and go to south wind ct. just south of the intersection. and zoom in on street view via satellite you can see my G. lol.
after looking at that map.
FIGHT IT!!!!!!!

there is no reason you should be ticketed for being safe.
cops dont think people know their rights.

its things like this that **** me off

Old 11-20-2009, 01:18 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dont go to court. Fight it through mail TBD (trial by delcartion)

didnt bother to read all post.

I fought mine by tbd and won and the process took 6 months (waiting time) then 3 weeks for my refund.

pm me if you have any questions.. extension first then, but wait 2 days prior to your court date to file tbd, that way you get more time, since the day you file tbd, 30 days from then will be your next court date.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
just pay it off and go. lifes a biatch. Too me its like paying rent to the government to live in this country LOL once they hit and collect, you pay, everybody gets hit once or more in their life time so oh wells.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
just pay it off and go. lifes a biatch. Too me its like paying rent to the government to live in this country LOL once they hit and collect, you pay, everybody gets hit once or more in their life time so oh wells.
Tru, but sometimes you need to teach those cops a lesson. They can't just write tickets on something is not true. I would fight for it, because I know how it felt when you receive a citation on something you DIDN'T do. I was accused by a female officer that she claimed I was on the phone while driving. And when I asked her to check on my phone she said "its your personal belonging, I won't check it" Then she told me that I can try to fight for it at the court, but she said "guess who the judge will believe". That really pissed me off, so I printed out the phone records and fought it at the court. I won the case because I DIDN'T talk on the phone, I proved that she's wrong and reported her for "accusing" me.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:36 AM
it's a sting operation by the city in need of $$ by sending cops out there to givenout tickets, once every 2 months, 6 times a year, usually collect approx 250, 000 dollars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just a thought... what do you guys think? (Fighting a Ticket)