Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

watch out for the POPO's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very true with the checkpoints!! watch out everyone!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
God freaking traffic cops, props to the cops that freaking get off their butts and fight crimes and actually go head 2 head with crime and try to duke it out with the Real problems of society. Then you got the more mellow officers that just sit around and pull your azz over for window tint to plates to dumbest shiet inda world. Thats why you have cops that do that, and cops that go pfff i dont fvcking do that shiet fvck tickets you gotta be kidding me i got better things to look out for, some even just throw their ticket books in their locker and say fawk it. Thats how I know when you get that cop thats all into your mods and their vehicle/traffic codes la la la its like damn...you know you dont have to do all this too....how bored are you???...nothing better to look for, not good at finding real crime?..this guys a square cop LOL.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
square cop haahah

Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
yah cali has produced a lot of bs police

Old 12-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Yep, it will make it worse. You have the right to physically say "no", but the vehicle code says you cannot refuse to be inspected. You go to jail, we tow the car and still pop the hood.

2804. A member of the California Highway Patrol upon reasonable
belief that any vehicle is being operated in violation of any
provisions of this code or is in such unsafe condition as to endanger
any person, may require the driver of the vehicle to stop and submit
to an inspection of the vehicle, and its equipment, license plates,
and registration card.

2806. Any regularly employed and salaried police officer or deputy
sheriff, or any reserve police officer or reserve deputy sheriff
listed in Section 830.6 of the Penal Code, having reasonable cause to
believe that any vehicle or combination of vehicles is not equipped
as required by this code or is in any unsafe condition as to endanger
any person, may require the driver to stop and submit the vehicle or
combination of vehicles to an inspection and those tests as may be
appropriate to determine the safety to persons and compliance with
the code.

I've been called far worse.

Anyhow, the OP didn't say what agency was making the stops.
Thanks for the enlightenment now I know lol

Old 12-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
man i love how ambigious they leave certain things

"unsafe condition" "reasonable cause"

Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts
^^.. Yeah I wish they would specify lol always bs cant win I guess.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by eurodre

More ambiguous and vague=more power for them

more power for them=less power for us

Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
I've been called far worse.

Anyhow, the OP didn't say what agency was making the stops.
Say that to the officer that gave me an exhaust ticket for having the stock exhaust on a G coupe. He told me to turn on the car, and I complied. The signature throttle blip was a "sign of an aftermarket exhaust system". Result? Exhaust and front plate ticket.

Or, the officer that ran into the middle of the freeway offramp and put his hand up for me to stop. Only to tell me that I was going WAY too fast for the offramp. Would he really jump into the middle of the lane to stop me if he felt I wouldn't be able to stop in time? In this case, I was going a bit faster than most people would, but I also am aware of my car's capabilities, and I don't think most people drive around in semi-slicks. It was in the afternoon in the summer. Tires were definitely up to temp. I came to a stop effortlessly, let alone even get close to engaging ABS. GPS datalogger to prove it. Result? Front plate ticket.

Or, the officer that turn around and drove 20 minutes to chase me down on a (rather twisty) state highway. I never went over 65. GPS datalogger to prove it, and of course, a rather good excuse. Result? Front plate ticket.

I'm willing to pay the front plate ticket, but don't pull me over for stupid crap. I am not endangering anyone.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by mIKE
I'm willing to pay the front plate ticket, but don't pull me over for stupid crap. I am not endangering anyone.
Why did you get your drivers license if you can't follow ALL the laws?

It's not that complicated. Play by the rules, don't play by the rules and pay, or don't play at all. You willingly chose to play and break the rules. Oh well.

Hola from the east coast

Old 12-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
My philosophy: B!tch for a day or two. That's human nature. After that, suck it up, princess.

I was pulled over for for tint the day I got it. Cop let me go after I showed him my receipt. I guess he felt bad for me.

Got pulled over after driving 1/10th of a mile, literally, for exhaust, no front plate, tinted rear plate, window tint. $472. Sure I b!tched, but I knew those things were illegal and I knew the risks.

Like Mike, I was also pulled over for my stock exhaust (I was actually driving home from getting my HKS uninstalled...go figure). I got on the ground and showed the cop the Nissan stamp on the muffler to prove that it was stock. He let me go.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I got a ticket last night on the way back from LCL. Got pulled over for speeding going at 72 mph..LOL WTF man..

Old 12-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre

I've gotten that unsafe said to me 3 or 4 times already. Or that my tire is gonna pop from it rubbing on the fender...hasn't happened yet.

In all honest it depends on the officer. Got pulled over by CHP, even told him I got test pipes (but I was gonna remove, but I'm not really lol) and he just gave me a ticket for tints.

Then recently got pulled over by Glendale PD, they let me go cos they just wanted to know why my wheels are so cambered, but the following week same city, different cop gives me a ticket for unsafe vehicle for the SAME situation. Thing is, they pulled me over for camber and were saying all this crap, but in the end they said I got it because it rubs going up driveways, so it must rub everywhere...yes, because all the roads have an incline and I drive sideways on them

Then they tell me I have to take care of my tint immediately. ORLY? So why does it say I have till Feb? Straight d*ck right there...oh and lets not forget the stupid b*tch cop that cited me for removal of factory emissions device and installation of an illegal one (pop charger lmfao) and this is after I showed my CARB #..oh and she said my engine is modified because I have a painted Z cover, go figure.

Cops giving tickets for things they don't know is stupid. Once you prove them wrong, they feel they have to give you a ticket just because they don't know, so because they don't know it's wrong all of a sudden? Like G37Rider said, why don't they worry about the people actually committing crimes. Why not pull over a ghetto azz civic or somethin that probably has illegal mods, why someone with OEM exhaust, sexy wheels, or a nice looking car, etc?

Old 12-21-2009, 02:44 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
MY rant:
I got pulled over on the fwy for having a license plate cover. He told me he couldn't see my plate from the side angle, and while the cop was add it he gave me a ticket for tinted window. No big deal on my part, Ill get it signed off, my cusins boyfriend (cop), which I told him that. So no big deal, fix it ticket, easy pay it off and on my way... Wrong I was!

Go to pay it; tint 25.00 cool no worries, rear licensec plate 25.00.... errrrrr wait, sorry its 174... what? 174.00 its a fix a ticket. Its a non correctable violation. Even though the chp officer wrote correctiable violation on the ticket and explained to me to just take it off. Sorry sir, if you want we can arrange for a court date for you. when? 3 months from now.

Put it on the CC, cause I just didn't want to argue the plate cover against a judge who will make me pay the full amount anyway and me lose a day of work.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Wow, really? 174 because it's uncorrectable? Oh I'm gonna have fun with this one. I got two uncorrectables. One from the "illegal" intake which my court date isn't till May and the other for my wheels. I don't care, I'm fighting it.

That license plate frame one is BS. Reading some of the citations amazes me. Saddens me as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: watch out for the POPO's