Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

watch out for the POPO's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
LOL. I have a tendency to not be able to stop talking and try to prove a point to the max lol. What one person can do in a few sentences takes me a few pages lol. There is definitely some bias.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Why did you get your drivers license if you can't follow ALL the laws?

It's not that complicated. Play by the rules, don't play by the rules and pay, or don't play at all. You willingly chose to play and break the rules. Oh well.

Hola from the east coast
Because the DMV allows anyone who passes their test (which is stupidly lax) to get one.

Why did you buy a 2xx hp G, when you only use 60? Because you can.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Originally Posted by mIKE

Why did you buy a 2xx hp G, when you only use 60? Because you can.
boooyahhhh

Old 12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Be real though, front license plates...do you REALLY have that much time to run the plates from the front? That will require quite a bit of concentration, and at that point isn't the officer endangering other motorists on the road by not paying attention? Why is it that some states don't require it? Doesn't that make you think "if one state doesn't require it, and another does, what's the purpose?" In the end it all boils down to money, how much of it can the government take from it's already tax-paying civilians.
Ex-Fvcking-zactly. Exhaust, Tint and no front plate endangers people so much that other states don't require it. Cali laws are such BS and if Cops honestly dont feel the same they're on crack. What the funniest though is that 99% of cops break 10x's more rules than your average citizen, then clock in and give them shiit...hipocracy much??? My grandfather was a sargent with LA County, my Sisters BF works for LAPD, alont with other people i know, i hear all their stories and yes they all think they are above the law and can pretty much do as they please.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I got pulled over for loud exhaust too. I have stock exhaust BTW.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^lol gotta love those coupe sounds haha

Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once had a court appointment for my one and only speeding ticket. On the way there we got flyby'd by an SUV. My dad being my dad decides to pace him doing over 90 for at least 15 miles (I live in BFE). The guy in the SUV ends up going right up to the courthouse (not before giving my dad a look like "nice.") and going in the back entrance then coming back out with his gear. Yes, he was a cop.

I once saw two motorcycle cops street race on Harbor Blvd. in Costa Mesa. The guy on the right even pulled the front end up a little. That was funny/disappointing to see.

I regularly see local P.D. doing 90+ on the freeways in LA/Burbank early in the morning (around shift change time) for seemingly no reason. Sometimes they are racing. Perhaps they have a reason to be doing around 100MPH, but they don't have their lights on.

I guess when I put my butt on the line to save other people and enforce laws, I can break the laws I try to enforce. Oh well.

Last edited by ZexGX; 12-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Why did you get your drivers license if you can't follow ALL the laws?

It's not that complicated. Play by the rules, don't play by the rules and pay, or don't play at all. You willingly chose to play and break the rules. Oh well.

Hola from the east coast
Funny how I see 75% of cops want to enforce the standard, but don't set the standard. Play by the rules, please if I had a dollar for every time I saw a cop not play by the rules(changing lanes w/o signaling, speeding) I would be a millionare.

Last edited by Lone Wolf; 12-22-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 12-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06teing
Funny how I see 75% of cops want to enforce the standard, but don't set the standard. Play by the rules, please if I had a dollar for every time I saw a cop not play by the rules(changing lanes w/o signaling, speeding) I would be a millionare.
I agree. Cops are not above the law, but many do what they please. Set a good example and your community will be proud of you. Set a bad example and get the feedback like shown on this forum.

I see Glendale PD running lights, rolling stops even coming with a few feet of an old lady crossing the street legally in the crosswalk. Cop did not signal or yield to the pedestrian.

Props to those cops including CHPs who treat EVERYONE with respect whether you are white black asian latino etc. (I am white). Note highway safety is getting better, less deaths accidents etc.

And to those cops who do what ever they want and treat their community like a toilet bowl, well you know how we feel about that...

Old 12-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've met a lot of good cops and some bad one.. bad one are usually the ones who got punked in high school IMO

Old 12-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
You may think most of those little mechanical violations are petty, but your bitch should be with those that write the laws. Don't like them? Contact your local congressman. Submit a petition. Remember the three branches of government? Check and balances? Law enforcement does write the laws, it just enforces them. The legislature, for one reason or another, has determined that there is a necessity for having a front plate, and not having tinted window and modified lighting, etc. Somewhere in the history of automobiles, something catostrophic happened as a result of these things, so some legistator wrote it into law making it illegal or a requirement. So they want law enforement to go and seek out these violations. Go out and look for real crime? How many drunk drivers have been caught because they didn't have a front plate? How much drugs and guns have been taken off the street all because the officer made a traffic stop because the car didn't have a license plate light? That child molester/kidnapper driving down your street in a car with tinted windows? It goes on and on. We get grant money to go out on overtime to look specifically for these violations from time to time. Obviously there is a special interest group that has raised the money to send officers out on overtime to write tickets for what seems to be petty things. Why? Don't know? Maybe someones little child was killed while crossing the street cause someone with tinted windows made right turn and the windows were too dark to see the child. Maybe some legislator was rearended by someone that didn't have a front plate and then fled the scene. License plates, bumpers fall off at the scene. They leave imprints on rear bumpers on occasion. It gives officers someplace to start the follow up. Did you know it was illegal to wear sunglasses with more than 1/2" temple width? Something horrible probably happened and they wrote it into law making it illegal. I'll be honest, there are things in the vehicle code I don't agree with. Sometimes they are stupid and others are just poorly written. Ever actually read the Vehicle Code? Go down to the DMV and pick up a copy. Great bathroom material. Ah, who am I kidding. This is going to fall on deaf ears.
I think we all get that police do not make the laws...they just enforce them.

What I would like to see is some sensibility out of police officers. If a modified vehicle is minding their own business and not doing anything stupid then LET THEM BE.

Just because it's in the vehicle code does not mean YOU HAVE TO ENFORCE IT...(Im speaking specifically to any vehichle code that has to do with modified cars, no front plate, etc...) Its a judgement call on your part and whether you want to be a "cool" cop or not. Citing people for things like no front plate or window IMO is a complete embarassment of your profession. You want to know why...because it simply reduces you to a state tax collector. In no way are you serving and protecting anything when you write a ticket like that...if anything you are screwing and collecting from everyday good citizens all under the auspices of safety...It's pure BS and has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with money.

You say we should all write our legislators and petition...well I do...but what are you doing to make it better for everyone on the road? You stated many things do not make sense to you either...so I ask...what are YOU doing to change it? If you say nothing then you are no better than the same people who write these stupid laws. Think about it...do you want to be remembered as a great police officer...or a simple tax collector?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
B!tch b!tch b!tch. -____-

Old 12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
hahah fvcking ROBO COP no emotions??

Follow rules is a must, no problems. Dont pull me over for my tints, front license plate, and car being too lowered. HOW FVCKING B0O0RED R U. U one of those cops the gang unit cops pick on in the locker room just like how football players pick on the nerds back in HS. Saaame shiet, squuuaure cop, d0o0own cop. I met both, square cop said down cop is too outgoing and way 2 wild, down cop calls square cop a ***** and afraid to fight real crime and only call back up so they just sit there and do traffic all day. Then you got the city vs city comparison, its funny when you really see the politics that go behind the picture. Unless you highway patrol then you're all traffic squares.

Yes I major in criminal Justice so I see cop buddies all the time, I'm use to them telling stories of how they do a 4 man gang unit unmarked car rolling up to parties and chasing gang members down, then walking back to the locker seeing the traffic cop walk by and they go " hahaha he's probably a tool back then, if he gets shot at I wanna see what he does hahaha "

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 12-23-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Universal Soldier > Robocop

Old 12-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Shane>Universal Soldier>Robocop

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: watch out for the POPO's