Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

JGTC club event!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: JGTC club event!

can you join after the 31st. i get paid on the 29th. gettin paid once a month sucks... specially when you get a ticket for $338.40.

Old 11-11-2004, 03:38 PM

Just wondering if we're going to be holding this as a private event or are we going to be public? I've been asked if we will be offering anything to the public (ie stickers/posters/keychains/etc). I am willing to shell out a few bucks to get some stuff printed for the event if everyone else is willing too. Just a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we had shirts made for the people going. And to draw attention, maybe get some models up in our booth to do some picture taking and autographing. just a suggestion...

Old 11-11-2004, 05:20 PM

This will be a public event. As far as promotions go, feel free
to promote whatever. We're just there to have a good time,
have a tent to hangout under and of course, enjoy the
exciting JGTC races.

Old 11-11-2004, 05:24 PM

By the way, they just merged the D1 drift event with JGTC.
So we'll be able to see the JGTC races one day, then the
D1 drifting the next.

Check out the news announcement on the page:
http://www.jgtcusa.net/home.html

Old 11-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Sound Advice

Call me at the shop at 949-364-6464 and let me know what you're thinking.

Rudy
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by remami on 11/11/04 04:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-11-2004, 05:39 PM

when do we get a hold of those passes (tickets)? and how?

Old 11-11-2004, 06:52 PM

TINMAN i think your tickets will be mailed to joey, but check with him to make sure. I'll give you a call on saturday rudy, maybe we can organize a mini meet to kinda go over some details.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Team Transport Member

Can we still get in on this or is it sold out?

03 6MT Coupe Blk/Blk&gt; Injen CAI, Hotchkis adj Sway Bars, Test Pipes&lt; "Nt G R8D" Aj

Old 11-12-2004, 12:37 PM

found the answer.they will mail Joey the passes once they're printed and then Joey'll send them our way.

Sound Advice will provide the food on Sunday.so what about saturday? i got to eat sometimes [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] should we get a pot luck going?it's time to start planning guys.did somebody mentioned bringing model??? should we caravan to fontana? where do we meet? i want to check my horses so how can i sign up for the dyno session? anybody else want to dyno your car on saturday?

Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 PM

ok here's the update on my end. I talked to my shop IPR and they're going to try to provide some free crap to give away (cuz as we all know people love free crap). I know that 6mt.net has some stickers, but i haven't talked to them yet about providing them for the event. I am heading over to my stereo shop to talk to them about setting up my nav/dvd/tv/etc system in my G on Sat. so I will try to talk to them about some promo stuff as well. Afterwards I'm going to head to my other shop, IPR, to coordinate some details for the event as well. They're going to be bringing Rich Rutherford's car to D1 so they'll be there for sure, but I need to make sure how much participation I can count on them for. Hopefully, after that I can head over to Rudy's place and coordinate what Sound Advice will be able to do and what promo/advertising stuff they want to give away. Tonight I'm going to have dinner with my friend and get her contact with Blitz USA and see if I can set up a meet with them and see if they'll back us on the event; if all goes well then hopefully they'll do some sponsorships as well. I'm still debating whether or not to go to infiniti/nissan to see if they want to provide anything for us. Also, I don't know if it'll be too short notice to contact Nismo about the festivities as well. I've contacted KT So about the modeling and she said that she might have to go with another company, but if not she'll come help us out. I'm not sure who else to contact about modeling at our booth. I've been out of the show scene for awhile so I don't really know alot of the new girls. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

About caravaning down to fontana that would be a pretty good idea. Unfortunately, I didn't sign up in time for the club pass so I won't be able to park with you guys. Also, does anyone know how the booth will be set up? Is it like a show type of deal? Like with a couple of our show cars and the whole nine?

To my knowledge JGTC is supposed to be THE event in Japan where all the big name companies come out and promote their products, which is why I'm thinking of keeping the tradition alive and bringing in some U.S. companies to promote as well. Basically my plan is 3-pronged: 1. bring the women, which in turn will attract the men 2. have the promo items from the numerous shops to give away also to attract some attention 3. make a name for SoCal G35 and show the import community that we're serious and leave our mark on the event.

If any of my ideas seem a little too outrageous or too out there just let me know. I usually don't do shows..only races, so I'm not sure how this thing is supposed to be set up. Hopefully, I can get some help to coordinate the event and festivities. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:03 PM

wow,sound like you are on top of the game.let me know if i can be any help.i did talked to model Riki rushton.the thing is i have to ply her in from Utah.but the main problem is she's a contracted model for Aero tubine.i have to go though bunch of legal papers and so i said no thanks.right now i'm contacting another one.

Old 11-13-2004, 07:35 PM

Some help would be great TINMAN. Actually, any help would be great.

Old 11-18-2004, 04:50 PM

Any updates? I sent an e-mail to Stephen @ JGTC to ask how the booth will be set up and got no replies yet.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:41 PM

i have no clue.look like nobody want to talk about this.so i'm just gonna show up on that day and see what happen.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is everyone using both tickets? Can we still buy tickets?

My 2004 G35

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JGTC club event!