Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Buttonwillow 10-2-04 Track Day YEAH!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:19 AM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Buttonwillow 10-2-04 Track Day YEAH!!!

Tony,
As I recalled, it sounded really good!!! Those pipes sure look mean

Clint (THX723)

Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 AM
G Kreuzer

Hey guys,
Looks like SV's actually on their ***** this time. The times have been posted Here.
Select 10-2-2004 - BW 14CW

Clint (THX723)<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by THX723 on 10/04/04 10:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-05-2004, 03:52 AM

"Mike,

I wish I could have gotten a ride with you to see how that Kaaz LSD of yours feels like. Must be much better than a '04 VLSD and infinitely better than an open rear diff."

Darren,

I would highly recommend the Kaaz LSD best mod I have done to date. BTW I just got done putting Stoptech OEM replacement slotted rotors, stainless steel lines and Hawk HPS pads on the car. I have to break them in now. I'm gonna read on their web site how they recommend doing that.

Man it is late 1:25 am what am I doing up?

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars
Kaaz LSD

Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 AM

Clint and Ed those are some pretty impresive times. Clint you weren't kidding around on that last session. Consistant times.

That is when you truly know that you are starting to get it when you can get consistant lap times. Unless you get caught behind someone that can really screw up a great lap.

Clint, I will have your weights with me tomorrow night. What time are you planning on getting to Chino? I will have to try and leave early.

Base 6MT Silver sedan
Stillen Exhaust
Stillen CAI
Eibach Pro Kit
Eibach Sway Bars
Kaaz LSD

Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 AM
G Kreuzer

Mike,
Yeah, my first two sessions were consist of mostly show 'n tell w. a passenger with me running at ~80% effort and w. VDC on. I had to slowed down and wave faster cars by as a result. That explains the inconsistent laps times. The last session was all business, however. VDC off of course and getting faster with each lap. Unfortunately, starting at lap 3 the engine started to cut out badly. I was out of gas and not too thrilled by it. I took it easy the following lap hoping she'll some how come back around. Yeah right ... who am I trying to kid! LOL! I then tired to throw down one more flying lap but it was apparent she wasn't going anywhere, so I reluctantly pulled into the pit and called it a day. Oh well, at least I was pleased w. how she handled all day. Gone is the understeering that haunted me at Big Willow.

I'll be getting off work at 6pm, so by the time I arrive in the Chino Hills area from Pasadena it'll be around 7:30ish. I'll catch you then.

Clint (THX723)

Old 10-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, they really are prompt with the postings. Looks like they want to make the G drivers happy and bring them out again! Very good times all around for our boys and girls. Clint, you really got it going considering you were running on fumes there at the end. And I am totally impressed with how fast Mike was going out there for a first timer. Just proves yet again about how it is the driver and not the equipment that makes the biggest difference.

There was just too much traffic there in white group, but blue group had a better pace and flow to it, even though there were just as many drivers on the track.

The program was just trying to get in the groove and stay smooth and consistent, and then start working up the speed and down the lap times. But it was just a bit too crowded to really work on technique the way we did at Big Willow the last time....safety first kept my eyes darting in front at the bumper of the guy I was chasing and in the mirror at the guy chasing me! You definitely sacrifice a bit of all out speed focus when you are trying to be certain that you don't put yourself or somebody else in harm's way with even a split second of inattention to the surrounding events caused by over focus on a particular section of track.

One fellow in a nice Z3M3 locked up his brakes going down to the Cotton Corners doing exactly that. His little corner carver closed on me in that hairpin, a part of the track that I was struggling with to get through quickly, so I pulled over to the right immediately as we exited the turn and waved him by and lifted throttle, then tucked in behind him and hammered it. He blew down the straight, but instead of pulling away from me I closed on him, he went too fast too deep, had an epiphany on his braking (aka "oh sh$#%t!!) , locked up all four feet, and just held it straight (smart boy) down the candy stripe on the left side in a four smoker display and into the marbles. I had more brakes than he did with the StopTechs, so I just ducked inside and made the turn while he went OTE. Felt a little bad because I waved him by and his reward was a slide, but he could have braked a little sooner and it would have been just fine. Just goes to show the dynamic of driving, even as he was doing and driving well, creates limitless situations where all that is good can go real bad in a hurry with a simple mistake.....he tried to push it too much and got himself in a nonrecovery situation.
Sure got my attention avoiding his tail! Hope he isn't p.o'd and only embarassed.
Did you guys see Iori out there? He was ripping through some of the sections.
We got some talent out there. Hopefully we can garner even more next time. Super time.

Cpe 6MT/Aero/Prem/ATI/RT cats/Borla hdrs-catbcks/Nismo flywhl-cltch/TS-ECU/Tein flex EDFC/Stillen sways