Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Help: State Referee Certification required.... serious..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Heist.

the front plate part really pissed me off. I explained I'm in the process of painting it and spent all day sanding the front thats why I didn't have my plate on and he just ignored it.
Dude, trust me, some cops don't give a sh*t. One time when I got pulled over the cop was gonna give me a ticket for my curtains, but I took them off (front ones), a sticker on the windshield over the a pillar, being too low and no front plate. Every little thing he was trying to get me for. I had my KuRookie in the passenger seat. I told the cop my bumper got cracked, I'm taking it to get fixed. My OEM bumper, didn't have brackets and even though my story was true he still cited me. In the end, it's revenue for the government and another ticket for their quota.

I seriously don't understand what the point of a front plate is. Red light camera? C'mon, they had this law BEFORE that. To read the plates? Oh ya, like a cop is going to be able to get your plates down coming from the opposite direction while paying attention to the road. It's just a revenue making citation.

/rant

Old 12-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
the reason i've heard for front plates is for when cops try to lazer your speed, they aim at your license plate...because of stupid cali law im rolling with my front plate & only 75% tint on the front, i had a cop pass me then stop like 40 feet in front of me to wait so i stopped 2 and then dipped into a parking lot, he prolly wanted me to pass him to he could get behind me and follow me like all those dumbasses do then pull me over across the street from my house, OP hope u get all ur **** cleared up cops in cali have nothing better to do

Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Ah I see....but couldn't it still detect speed without the laser? And what about the guys that put their plates in the lower corner of their car? Make any difference?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The worst part of it is going back to your car and having a parking citation for no front plates issued by the meter maids...now that's just ridiculous. I put my plates on just to avoid all the hassle and fines.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
^^^

Had that happen to me in Lancaster. Although they just stuck the citation between the fender and hood since I had no wiper blades, haha

Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Stimulation
^^^

Had that happen to me in Lancaster. Although they just stuck the citation between the fender and hood since I had no wiper blades, haha
LOL

Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Stimulation
^^^

happened to me in hollywood. The maid put it between my hood and fender also haha.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FVck the Pigs!! lol! they can get away with it,with their personal moded daily driven cars and we can't..

Rant.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts
They just aim it at the license plate cuz it makes it easier for them, they either aim at shiny grills or license plates cause they reflect the signal back or somthing like that (my friends dad is a ex cop)

Old 12-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If a cop is giving you guys a ticket for a legal item(ie you take your car into the ref as it was when you were ticketed, and the ref passes you), you need to file a complaint. Cops are definitely not supposed to ticket you for something they are unsure of and let the courts sort it out.

I'm not sure how responsive HB PD would be though. But I know several departments where the officer would at least be sent to training over such an issue.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
My streak is over, I jinxed myself -__- I got a careless driving ticket cuz I was going too fast

Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
Wow wtf

Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Heist.
the headlights usually have DOT stamped on the front. Also I told the cop they were 6k which is not blue.

He was pissed because I had an air intake and a sexy car.
Look at the lenses on the car. They have the stamp on them that show the type of bulb for the housing. Enough said. Make them prove the color in there isn't the right color.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I got a ref ticket about 6 months ago and I am HIGHLY modified. The cop made me pop my hood and he got to see all the crap I have done to my car. I was cool with the cop, and fortunately he did not know what he was really looking at...all he knew was it was not stock.

From there the cop told me he was writing me a ref ticket. The cop put the sticker on the back of my ticket and told me to call it and set up an appointment with the ref. I said fvck that and I appeared in court on my scheduled date. I played dumb with the judge and told him I did not know what to do...judge got a little angry with me, and then he told me to have ANY mechanic inspect it and tell me what is wrong. He then told me to fix it and bring him a smog certificated. So I just went and got my car "smogged" if you know what I mean. Took the cert back and the judge cleared me and I paid a fine.

I also did some research in the vehicle code...it is illegal for the cop to attach anything to the citation. He put the sticker on mine and I peeled it off and threw it away. Next time this happens let the cop do his thing take the ticket and just appear in court and play dumb. Worked for me.

Old 12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ wait so if the cop puts the ref sticker on the back of your sticker, you can just ignore it? it's not written on the ticket to go see the ref? then doesnt that mean you can just skip the "play dumb" part in court and get your car "smogged" before court date and bring the smog certification to the judge? that saves you from having to see the judge twice

edit: what vehicle code is it that states that cops cant put stickers on your ticket?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help: State Referee Certification required.... serious..