Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Help: State Referee Certification required.... serious..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba
^^ wait so if the cop puts the ref sticker on the back of your sticker, you can just ignore it? it's not written on the ticket to go see the ref? then doesnt that mean you can just skip the "play dumb" part in court and get your car "smogged" before court date and bring the smog certification to the judge? that saves you from having to see the judge twice

edit: what vehicle code is it that states that cops cant put stickers on your ticket?
Yes you can just ignore it because the cop by law is not allowed to attach anything to the front or back of your citation. When you go into court on your appearance date there is NO documentation provided to the court that you have to go to a ref. It is not written into the ticket either.

I guess you could just show up with a smog cert, but when I went in I had no idea what the judge was going to say...knowing this now I guess you could save yourself a trip and just get the car smogged.

I will find the vehicle code that I found about not attaching anything to the citation...stay tuned.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ great to hear... so does that mean the op can go get his car "smogged" and bring the certificate instead of going to the ref and having to deal with putting everything back to oem?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... Wait a minute - Can a cop make you open your hood? Sounds like a 4th amendment violation to me.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Owner
... Wait a minute - Can a cop make you open your hood? Sounds like a 4th amendment violation to me.
If you act like a jerk it's possible you could have your G35 impounded just for possible CARB violations. Then on top of everything else you'll be paying impound fees which average $300 to $400 for each day. As you can see it's better to go along with whatever the cops ask you to do....
Gary

Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, personal rights and freedoms are over-rated.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
You have to go see the state ref before your court date. If you intake system has a CARB number that CARB number has to be for that specific model. I got sent to the state ref with my 2000 civic and it was a pain in the *** because all intakes, headers with carb numbers are only for 96-98 and skip the 99-00 because the car didnt change much, I had to take everything off and make two trips. Visual inspections on your car will turn up a lot of questions if they see nitrous lines. Unfortunately going to the ref is the worst thing, they will not pass anything illegal or suspect but they will normally be cool with you. You can go and smog the car before hand just so you know you will pass when you go to the ref, but that is up to you. Best thing to do is bring you car back to stock put DOT headlights on the car afix your front plate to the car with velcro or something. Do it once because going back and forth with get old quick.