Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

South OC Mission Viejo / Aliso / Ladera Cop Watch Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
South OC Mission Viejo / Aliso / Ladera Cop Watch Info

Just a heads up to anyone who frequents the Mission Viejo / Ladera Ranch area in south OC:

There has been an increase in police / sheriff and CHP action locally as of late. The past few weeks local patrols seems to have increased by a lot, speed traps and sly cops hiding out in my neighborhoods especially have become much more frequent as well. So if you like to speed through like I do, watch out, they've been EVERYWHERE lately.

Also, anyone who crosses the 5 fwy using Crown Valley or Oso pkwy should keep a very vigilant eye out, cops have been staking out these two intersections and busting people for blocking the intersections. As anyone who uses these two areas probably already know (especially during afternoon peak traffic times) these intersections tend to get very backed up on all sides. The signal timing is extremely jacked and sometimes only a car or two get through. This is especially important on the southbound 5 fwy offramp turning left onto crown valley, that triple left turn is terrible and gets backed up all the time. My good friend just got busted there today.

Also, watch out on Oneil in Ladera Ranch and Antonio in Ladera as well, they've been setting up those "your speed is" radar signals and cops are almost always hiding out either behind the sign or on a close cross street to bust you.

I've also been seeing bike cops in the Aliso Viejo area on the sidewalk of all places gunning cars as they pass by next to the cross of Moulton and Aliso Creek Rd. They hide out in between two planters on the sidewalk facing down the length of Aliso Creek. This one is a very easy to miss trap as they're well hidden unless you know to look for them.

Anyway, just thought I'd post up a friendly neighborhood enthusiast watch report

The following 3 users liked this post by Ray@OCInfiniti:
BAUSauto (06-24-2011), Dranom (07-05-2011), Hotdawwgman (06-30-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Good lookin out Tony. I've always noticed that there are way too many popos in that area. I drive like a grandma whenever I'm in that area.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I also heard from a friend that there was a cop or CHP officer at Irvine Cars and Coffee a few weeks back giving tickets IN THE EVENT for no front plates?!?!

not sure how accurate this is, but even that is scaring me now. Seems like there is a new agenda for ALL so cali cops to ticket as much as humanly possible?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
We got ticketed at the Guppys meet too a Z got a ticket for being too low -.- and dozens of other fix-its were handed out

Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by World Famous Z
I also heard from a friend that there was a cop or CHP officer at Irvine Cars and Coffee a few weeks back giving tickets IN THE EVENT for no front plates?!?!

not sure how accurate this is, but even that is scaring me now. Seems like there is a new agenda for ALL so cali cops to ticket as much as humanly possible?
if you're in the parking lot that belongs to the restaurant/place, cops can't give you a ticket because it's considered private property. if you have no front plate on a public road/street, they can give you a ticket tho. fight anything against cops when you're in parking lots, especially at the HB meet coming up (beach is 100% private property).

thanks for the heads up. I live down here, and those roads are my route to school, but its summer now. main route now is santa margarita pkwy. only seen 1 cop in the past few weeks.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by timmy4me
if you're in the parking lot that belongs to the restaurant/place, cops can't give you a ticket because it's considered private property. if you have no front plate on a public road/street, they can give you a ticket tho. fight anything against cops when you're in parking lots, especially at the HB meet coming up (beach is 100% private property).

thanks for the heads up. I live down here, and those roads are my route to school, but its summer now. main route now is santa margarita pkwy. only seen 1 cop in the past few weeks.
SOME cities.. For example if you're in City of Industry you can be ticketed in a parking lot. (I use to set up meets there)

- Eric

Old 06-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
oh dayum. really? I have a lot of friends and neighbors in law enforcement and law itself. I was told it's based on state laws. I guess that's since changed. I know the statement about the beach still stands. ha.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks man! I live on O'Neil in Ladera at the Laurel Vista apartments...yeah the cops have been bad lately!!! WTF!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I spoke to one of the Irvine police there a few weeks back. They are not giving any tickets at the show...however they ARE taking detailed notes on certain cars (make, model, color, license plates, mod's, etc...) and pulling them over for illegal mods etc if they see them around Irvine. I am never brining my G back to CNC again!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
c35
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've also been seeing bike cops in the Aliso Viejo area on the sidewalk of all places gunning cars as they pass by next to the cross of Moulton and Aliso Creek Rd. They hide out in between two planters on the sidewalk facing down the length of Aliso Creek. This one is a very easy to miss trap as they're well hidden unless you know to look for them.
I blonde lady copy got me here...

Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Damn.... thats crazy!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
thats close to where my mom lives and I visit her all the time. It's so easy to speed too because there are a lot of downhill roads and the speed picks up.

Thanks for the heads up I'll definitely be careful from now on.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
yup, its nuts out here lately. Every intersection seems to have cop presence it seems like.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't speed and you will be fine.

<begin flame now>

Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by anonymous_coupe
Don't speed and you will be fine.

<begin flame now>
I agree, but with us who have modified exhausts, or "look" modified etc, cops single us out often times too hence why I posted it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: South OC Mission Viejo / Aliso / Ladera Cop Watch Info