Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

FYI on Glendale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI on Glendale

I live in downtown LA and drive up to Glendale occasionally to go to the Target there and also Whole Foods.

Saturday after leaving the Whole Foods and heading up Glendale Bl to the 134 Fwy, I got stopped by Glendale PD.

I have the overlays on my headlights and rear tail lights, and also my driver and passenger windows are darkly tinted.

The officer said he pulled me over for the over lays. He was actually real polite and asked me how long I've had them. I told him 5-6 years and he was shocked LOL.

After running my info, he came back and said that I would probably continue to get pulled over in Glendale due to those issues...I guess Glendale PD are looking out for illegal mod's and so forth. He didn't cite me, just warned me, and actually wanted to talk about the car for a while.

Anywho, thats all...first time I've been pulled over in a while.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
It's always been like that in Glendale. I'd avoid Glendale Ave around Wilson & Broadway as much as you can between 2 and 4 PM. I think its closer to around 3 but there is always a swarm of 3-5 motorcycle cops leaving the station. Seen it numerous times.

I've been pulled over in Glendale several time, cited twice though, got out of one since I fought it. Got pulled over for tints, modified exhaust and obstruction of view (curtains in the front) but the cop let me go after talking to him for a little and telling him I worked for the city. That doesn't always work, but cops in Glendale are pretty strict. They have toned it down a little though. Avoid La Crescenta/La Canada....cops there have absolutely nothing to do as opposed to other cities so it's even worse.

Also in Glendale, you have to remember the majority of the population are Armenians. Nothing wrong against them, shoot I'm half, but they (usually teenage to mid 30's males and even a good amount of women) drive like total idiots and have some fixed up cars so they're even more on the lookout.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
haha...I knew you would chime in about Glendale P.D.!