Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

just got pulled over...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
g4s
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got pulled over...

...this morning in irvine.

officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?
g4s: No, sir.
Officer: Tinted windows.
(small chit chat occurred, where are you going? / where do you live? / whats my sign? *jk*)
officer: Have you done any engine modifications?
g4s: (slight pause) Yes sir, I have an intake.
officer: Open your hood please.
(opened hood, officer sees the intake, then begins to look deeper in the engine bay)

I'm assuming he was looking for headers or FI. Thank god I'm too poor to afford either. He then asks me if I've done any exhaust modifications. I told him I just have an aftermarket exhaust. He then asked if he were to look under my car, would he find modified cats. Those are stock, so I said no sir.

Good news is he let me go with a warning and to get my intake replaced. Shook his hand and went to work. He was really cool (I think this way most likely because I got off with just a warning), but in the end he was just doing his job. I tried my best to be truthful and polite and that may have helped. So hopefully this will help other socal G drivers' images. Just my eventful morning. First time getting pulled over in this car and for the past 7 years. Thought I'd share.

Btw, anyone know if the Stillen intake has an OE #? I guess I'll be calling Stillen, if not then the stock one goes back on. Didn't feel any difference in response anyways.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I'm dreading the day I get pulled over dude!

Old 12-16-2004, 01:03 PM
g4s
lol i know, i just hope they dont mistake my car for yours. bastard!

well i guess it didnt help my car look any less conspicuous with blue painters tape all over the bumper this morning....having my clear bra installed in a few minutes in the parking lot and didnt want extra chips on the way to work.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Randy, you're not the only one.... and I work in Irvine!!!! aaack!!!!

Charles, what intersection were you at?

Mark

Old 12-16-2004, 01:22 PM
g4s
mark, my mistake. i wasnt quite in irvine but headed that way. i got pulled over on antonio and oso. i think thats rancho santa margarita area. but still an orange county patrol car. i wish you mod gods luck if you run into this situation.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g4s
mark, my mistake. i wasnt quite in irvine but headed that way. i got pulled over on antonio and oso. i think thats rancho santa margarita area. but still an orange county patrol car. i wish you mod gods luck if you run into this situation.
LOL! All them 5.0's South OC are all the same!

Old 12-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh sheesh Charles....

you'd think that would be good news to hear.... UNFORTUNATELY, I live right by Rancho Santa Margarita, right off of Antonio and Crown Valley.... so I drive through Antonio and Oso every single day... especially in the mornings and afternoons when I have to drop off and pick up my kids for school...

Geez.... beautiful....

Do you normally take Ortega Hwy from where you live... to get up to the Irvine area? If so, you probably pass my place everyday....

How are the projector lamps coming along... have you had a chance to get started on that project? Keep me posted...

Lates

Last edited by G354GOD; 12-16-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
g4s
aw man sorry. but thats where it happened. take a picture of the officer's face once he sees you egress out of your car. =))

just playing...i hope nobody else gets pulled over. i wasn't speeding or driving recklessly to grab his attention. i was making a left on oso, he pulled behind me. we were at the light for a good minute. as i made oso, he turned on his lights.

...as for the project, been to damn busy with work, but should have time next wednesday. have a wedding to attend this weekend. will flood the site with pictures afterwards. we have the same sideskirts and rear half bumper now mate . and yes i drive ortega daily, its a damn long commute but ortega makes it a little more bareable.

Last edited by g4s; 12-16-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I got pulled over a couple months ago on Crown Valley Pkwy about 2 miles from Oso... got ticketed for tinted windows, but it was by a lady cop... so I had to remove my front tint.... what a hassle... I haven't had the tint put back on because I'm lazy....

Old 12-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Way to get off with a warning Charles.
Dude, I hope I dont get pulled over (knock on wood)..
These are couple of things that they could get me on:
no front lic plate.
dark tint
intake
loud exhaust.
NO CATZ
blue LED bulb on my long strip of my headlights
NITROUS

Old 12-16-2004, 02:29 PM
charles,
are you actually working in irvine now?

Chad

Old 12-16-2004, 02:38 PM
g4s
chad, yes sir.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cops in Irvine and South O.C. tend to racial profile. I got rolled on sitting at an In and Out Burger parking lot at the Tustin marketplace. They said that i looked suspicious. I had the whole f*ing Irvine PD surrounding me.

G4, are you asian?
Cops suck...they're a waste of a human being.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Yup... besides driving G's, that's something we all have in common.... we are Asian....

sux

Old 12-16-2004, 04:58 PM
g4s
patrick, rofl at in and out? god. well as long as they stay away from the del taco joint im safe. yes im asian.

and this post was not to start a thread in cop bashing, because im glad they are out there. not all of them but the majority im sure. i just wanted to make you oc'ers aware of what happened to me and hopefully we can keep our general image clean.

it sucks that i was accosted at all, but it does happen and luckily i got off...now i need to call stillen to confirm the oe or this puppy is going in the classifieds. yes im a pushover but i drive those streets daily, and knowing my luck the same officer will stop me to verify i replaced it. so if/when he does stop me again, ill hopefully be on his better side.

Last edited by g4s; 12-16-2004 at 05:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just got pulled over...