Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Do I Need A Tune ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Honestly, I just want a fast daily for this car. It's the manumatic or whatever you want to call it. Definitely want a manual car eventually for any hardcore mods, but I'll be stickin with this car my first 4 years of college. The only reason I got it was because a friend of mine got it at a police auction for an insane price and flipped it to me.. So I got the Aero, Nav, Bose.. 39k miles.. For like 13k total, tax and all.

So yeah, not looking to do anything too crazy, just as many bolt ons as I can and maybe a suspension/exhaust setup in the future. Just trying to lay out a plan as far as order of getting them. I'll be keeping this car either way, even once I get a new car, so I'm not worried about just throwing money away.. I'll keep her for awhile:P but I just dropped 4k on my new motorcycle, so I'm broke as of now haha. Just trying to get an idea of how much I need before I can start saving for the new car.

As far as my oil goes, I'll be changing it on Tuesday once my friend can let me use his garage to get her up in the air. Once I do that, I'll be sure to keep a written log on my oil consumption. My 60k is comin up soon anyway.

I do not have a drop box but I'll be sure to get one, cause a manual would be helpful I'm sure. I appreciate it man, awesome. My g didn't come with one in the auction. Not to mention, the idiot before me washed the whole car with the green side of a sponge, so needles to say, my G's seen a lot of polish and wax from me. Looking much better now but now I'm just getting in to story time, so I'll shut up.

I'll send you a PM when Im not on my phone.

Thanks everyone, I got a lot to do:P

Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Premier Member

Received 422 Likes on 340 Posts
It never hurts to get a tune, as for what to use Uprev Osiris is by far the best product on the market. There are several good tuners in Cali so you pretty much have your pick of where to go, or you could pick up a tuner version to let you make adjustments yourself. (I just happen to have one for sale, PM me if you're interested )
http://uprev.com/secure/osiris-engin...ris-tuner.html

You're probably running a little lean with the current mods, it won't blow your motor up but it will wear out your spark plugs, and you're not getting the performance you could. One of the biggest benefits of Osiris is the ability to sync the electronic throttle so that it actually opens all the way