Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

3/26 DYNODAY: Aftermath and Shout-outs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3/26 DYNODAY: Aftermath and Shout-outs

First off, it was a great day. Thank God for no rain. Would have sucked bigtime. It was pretty warm though, i can imagine some people could have some sunburn.

DYNORUNS:
Very well handled IMO. Steve(owner) did a FABULOUS job. He will *NEVER* underestimate me again. He thought maybe 10 people would show. Little did he know 20+ would show. Thanks all for showing up!

MY NUMBERS:
ACTUAL: 254rwhp/235tq
SAE: 246rwhp/232tq

And now... onto the shoutouts!!!

HYDRAZINE(Tony):
Bro, it was GREAT to see you again. Too bad about the beer got a little warm. But hey, it was good to shoot the breeze, talk about mods, and see the plenum spacer ONCE AGAIN prove itself to the people that got them yesterday. Next time, we'll have to roll up and you'll have to provide some of that great Castaic hospitality

E_K(Albert):
Great work on your ride man. I know if i had your know-how, i'd be sitting in the garage doing the same stuff. The work you've done yourself is AWESOME man. All i have to say is ALUMINUM CAN ownz me. Never could have imagined that the Projector housing was made of that. Very impressed bro. It was great to meet you. See you around.

DaveO:
The man with the plug in engine temp reader. That was very cool. And at the same time very disturbing! Made me realize how freaking hot it gets under there. Also, thanks for sharing some great ideas. We'll keep it all hush hush for now It was great to meet you and hope to see you at the next one of these we have.

ELDY:
Apparently a man that came back from the dead (aka the Philipines) It was nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your spacer and you should definitely come up to hang with us some more. Not just on the DynoDays. Take care bro.

TINMAN:
As always, reppin the LR Coupe to the utmost. Cleanest, sickest, LR Coupe i've seen. As always, love the HREs. Now that you know what a 4lb boost does, let's see what an 11lb boost does, yeah? haha. Thanks for coming down and see you at the next GTG.

G354GOD(Mark)(aka Richard)
Also known as "cranky boy" when he first showed up. With a headache, hunger pains, and not enough sleep the night before, i'd be hella cranky too. But hey, at least you won your bball game, dyno'd some super nice numbers, and finally got your spacer yesterday. See you online later. Gere groupie over and out.

DIZZ(Donny):
Mr. Hollywood himself. Watchout for the dirty gook man. I hear he plays dirty in GT4.

G35Chick(Hungry Hungry Hiromi):
Thanks for rubbing on my nipples. BOTH of em.

DOHCtor_DAN("yo..yo..." *shakes head*):
GET SOME SLEEP!!! I don't know how you're still walking. You truly live up to your "CPA" title. A friggin Chinese Party Animal.

GreddySetGo(niggaDan):
"I'm at HANMI bank! where are you guys?!" haha. sorry for the fudged up directions, that city is the worst place to try and find a restaurant. Street signs are fugged, no real big landmarks. Anyway, too bad you couldn't come to the DYNO but at least we hung out afterwards. LIGHT IT UP!!!~

It was nice to talk to the Z-riders as well. Some VERY NICE Z's showed up. We'll set up another one later. Maybe a couple months from now. With the numbers that we got, i think all of us have plans on tuning or adding a few more mods in the near future, and then we'll setup another DynoDay. I'll be expecting much better numbers and coordinating from that next one.

Thanks again everyone for stepping up and making this Dynoday a great turnout. Really appreciate it. I really don't mind setting these up as long as i know i won't be the one holding the burning bag at the end of it.

Peace!

MEECHIN(Dru)

Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEECHIN... thanks for setting it up, I had a great time. It was interresting, and informative, and a hellavalotta fun...

Did you or anyone get the actually datafrom all the runs ? Or were the printouts all ?
I would just love to see all the numbers.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:59 PM
sleep is for the weak!!!...and showering is for pansies hahaha. i was wondering why no one was hanging with me and g35chick when we showed up (no sleep and no showering is what makes me and ro-ro who we are, two stinky insomniacs haha). i tried duckin' out and hiding in my car for a power nap, but unfortunately i had a rude awakening 15 min afterwards; even though i let ro-ro sleep for a few hours during the day. thanks for never letting me sleep u stupid ***** hahaha j/k u know i love you even though ur feet are black and sweaty and smell sour. hahaha j/k lover. thanks for letting me poke all ur holes too haha

all in all the day went by fast. i dynoed ro-ro's car in like roughly 5 min flat (the time to finish one cigarette). some pretty good numbers i suppose. it was good seeing the old faces and some new ones. it looked like a pretty even amount of Gs and Zs.

thanks for all your work tony, as usual. and thanks for taking care of me and ro-ro. i told u she's gonna copy whatever i do hahaha.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on the aluminum cans. You have to get creative with projector shrouds in tight spaces.

I had a great time, and yes, I did get a little sunburned. But it was worth it for all the technical discussions that you don't get at the usual meets. Thanks for organizing it, and it was a great success.

Ever since I figured out how to really polish aluminum, I've been polishing all sorts of stuff, including my wife's aluminum cup holder for the bathroom.

My numbers (don't have the data file yet, just going off the graph):

HP: 248.0 (SAE) @ 6600-6700
Torque: 227.3 @4800

2003 G35 coupe 5AT
popcharger
Z-tube
Crawford V5 plenum
Motordyne 1/4" spacer
UR crank pulley
polished popcharger ring, throttle body, inside of Crawford, lower plenum, intake manifold
ported inlets of lower plenum, throttle body
portmatched everything on intake side of engine

I was pretty happy with the numbers. The car was only 219 WHP on a dynojet with a Z-tube.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:19 PM
E K, it was great to meet and bs with you. You had done some slick work to your car.
It was also nice to have you and I with AT's post the kinda numbers we did against MT's - frankly I was both surprized and impressed !!!

Given that everything I can find on Coupe AT's rated at 280 HP at the engine, are doing 220 - 225RWHP on the Dynojet when SAE corrected, seeing 250's was stunning. The 220 - 225 does indicate that 20% loss in the Drive Train still holds true. DaveO and I were discussing that loss was likely less these days due to better lubes, better engineering, etc... but a little search tends to say not.

Here is a link to my dyno chart, if you care (SAE Corrected - actual was +10HP)

http://www.descentbb.net/videotest/Sickone.jpg

Though I will put my sound dampening efforts first on my list, and killing some of the exhaust sound level. I am a little lit up thinking what the pulley, and a header set will do for me (both sitting in my garage).

Also, your number convinced me to strip, port and polish my top end....

It is a sickness ... well thats why they call me sickone

Last edited by Sickone; 03-27-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by MEECHIN
First off, it was a great day. Thank God for no rain. Would have sucked bigtime. It was pretty warm though, i can imagine some people could have some sunburn.

HYDRAZINE(Tony):
Bro, it was GREAT to see you again. Too bad about the beer got a little warm. But hey, it was good to shoot the breeze, talk about mods, ..... Next time, we'll have to roll up and you'll have to provide some of that great Castaic hospitality
Dru!

Thanks for coordinating such a great turn out for the dyno day. That was awesome.

I never thought of my self as a "Red Neck" but after spending half the day stooped over installing plenum spacers, I looked in the mirror this morning and sure enough... I'm a freekin Red Neck! LOL
And my red cheeks and nose made me look like Santa Clause.

Thanks for the cold one! At least it was cold enough for me. Very appropriate after a long day in the sun. Even more appropriate after seeing Zboys dyno results!!! Hahahaha I just love it!

And thanks to everyone who brought water.. (Albert and Mark)
I won't overlook bringing water next time. That was a real life saver.

Thanks Derik for loaning your stock plenum for the comparison. That was a super help.

It was good to meet everyone. I had a good time.

I can't wait till we can all meet again at the track!!! Lets rip it up! I hate having to drive slow all the time! Speed limits are driving me nuts.

Tony

Last edited by Hydrazine; 03-27-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Where you guys on Bolsa Ave. around 5:30pm making a left turn on Beach Blvd heading towards the 22 fwy yesterday. I saw a small line of Gs.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Sickone

Though I will put my sound dampening efforts first on my list, and killing some of the exhaust sound level. I am a little lit up thinking what the pulley, and a header set will do for me (both sitting in my garage).
Hey Kev! I got half a roll of sound dampening material you can have. It works great! I used about 1/3rd-1/2 of the roll to damp my trunk against the headers and Stillen screamer. It really helped.

Tony

Old 03-27-2005, 07:47 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Hydrazine, a track day sounds great. I'll be ready....

Sickone, it was great meeting you. Do you have the data files for your runs? I bet our runs will look very close on the same plot.

Here's my dyno. I don't have the data files yet.

Did someone get all the runs on their USB drive? If so, I want to see the data files.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by E_K
Did someone get all the runs on their USB drive? If so, I want to see the data files.
I did, but stupid me left the USB drive there. Gotta wait for it to come in the mail.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey ya,

I don't have any data files (Tony I'd love it if you could email me a copy when the drive comes). I scanned my paper copy to supply the link to my dyno.

Appreciate the offer on the sound damping stuff, but I doubt I'll need it.
I still have more than half a box of Dynamat Extreme, and a whole bunch of other stuff on the way already.

I got a lot of improvement tonight after adding material to several of the pieces above and around the muffer (that rattle and resonate) and doing the trunk from the inside. It gives great hope to how quiet I can get the car when I do the floorboards, firewall, etc... (OK it will cost me 40 or 50 lbs, but well worth it)

Track day.... oh man you guys are gonna ruin my life....(What I mean is where?? When??hehheheeh)

Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Tony & Kevin,

A separate question not related to dynos. Besides Dynamat, what do you guys recommend for sound dampening material for my HF Cats and Injen exhaust to lower the noise levels. Where can I buy it? Thanks.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
TINMAN:
As always, reppin the LR Coupe to the utmost. Cleanest, sickest, LR Coupe i've seen. As always, love the HREs. Now that you know what a 4lb boost does, let's see what an 11lb boost does, yeah? haha. Thanks for coming down and see you at the next GTG.
thanks man.that lil' ring and 2 bolts are from my car they're from the hot side of the turbo.and that's why i pulled only 275hp cause all the boost lost thru that place.my guess is it was running at 1-1.5psi.i'll loctide that suckers and dyno again soon.btw,who got the best numbers?

Old 03-28-2005, 03:29 AM
Dru i love you. hahahaha...you're awesome man! my car pushed out a whopping 239! hahahaha bone stock baby...YEAYUHH!!! a special thank you to TONY...my new lover. thanks for the spacer i can't wait to install it! oh and your welcome for the favor in return *wipes mouth* hahahahaha!

Old 03-28-2005, 04:05 AM
I caught "NAOMI" doing a little dance after her dynorun.

Last edited by MEECHIN; 05-24-2007 at 05:54 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3/26 DYNODAY: Aftermath and Shout-outs