Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

If you live near Irvine...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
Cuz I have raced at the track before, and I do know the rules.

Gotta keep it real, son!

Roll Bars
Unless otherwise required by your class: Roll Bars required on convertibles running quicker than 11.00 - 13.99. Roll Bars required on all cars running quicker than 11.00 - 11.99.

Roll Cages
Roll Cages required on convertibles running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. Roll Cages required on all cars running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. - One exception: full bodied cars running between 10.00 and 10.99, with unaltered firewalls, floor and body (from firewall rearward - wheel tubes permitted) can compete with just a roll bar.Faster than a 9.99 you need a chassis sticker and have the car reinserted every 3 years.

Straight from www.lacr.net

So obviously its never been to the track...I could be wrong.

But thats really irrelevant...no more need for flaming or need to look for trouble guys.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or it could have been to the track once, then after that pass they won't let you run again. Also, they'll note it on your Race ID # so next time you come back if you don't have a bar/cage, they won't even let you tech.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
I see you guys have to research to try and "beat" me. Good

But not good enough. the 10.8 second time was accomplished during the first visit ever to the drag strip. Obviously you guys have never brought a 10 second car to the track so you wouldn't have any experience in this situation. Since the car is fully a street car, most drag strips will let it slide the first time you visit a local track (believe it or not a lot do not even know what the standards are). Yes, it's true that you need a cage if you run 10's and have a drop top. So once the car made the 10.8 second pass, they have your car on record (Race ID I believe) and the next time you try and visit a drag strip you will not be able to run if you haven't met the requirements (This they will greatly ENFORCE). The "sucky" part is that because you ran without properly complying with the rules, you cannot get your slip.

The car was purchased (by me and my brother) and we have no plans whatsoever to convert it to a race car. As for those wondering how I can afford such a car, it was a 70/30 deal (he's got 5 days a week vs my 2 weekend days). By saving a couple hundred extra bucks a month, I've got myself a 10 second car to cruise around on the weekends. BELIEVE THAT

Old 04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
The car was purchased (by me and my brother) and we have no plans whatsoever to convert it to a race car. As for those wondering how I can afford such a car, it was a 70/30 deal (he's got 5 days a week vs my 2 weekend days). By saving a couple hundred extra bucks a month, I've got myself a 10 second car to cruise around on the weekends. BELIEVE THAT

Dang, thats tight... I hope one day my bro and I can do something like that...

Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Or it could have been to the track once, then after that pass they won't let you run again. Also, they'll note it on your Race ID # so next time you come back if you don't have a bar/cage, they won't even let you tech.
But not good enough. the 10.8 second time was accomplished during the first visit ever to the drag strip. Obviously you guys have never brought a 10 second car to the track so you wouldn't have any experience in this situation. Since the car is fully a street car, most drag strips will let it slide the first time you visit a local track (believe it or not a lot do not even know what the standards are). Yes, it's true that you need a cage if you run 10's and have a drop top. So once the car made the 10.8 second pass, they have your car on record (Race ID I believe) and the next time you try and visit a drag strip you will not be able to run if you haven't met the requirements (This they will greatly ENFORCE). The "sucky" part is that because you ran without properly complying with the rules, you cannot get your slip.
Nice detailed summary. What track did you run at and did you or your bro drive it?

Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Dang, thats tight... I hope one day my bro and I can do something like that...
Since you guys like to research, go research the price of the car. A little more than the price of the G (s/c was previously installed by owner). If you are paying for your G, you know what your monthly's are. Figure 30 percent of that and you can calculate how much I'm paying.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Since you guys like to research, go research the price of the car. A little more than the price of the G (s/c was previously installed by owner). If you are paying for your G, you know what your monthly's are. Figure 30 percent of that and you can calculate how much I'm paying.

I didn't mean for a viper though, sorry. I meant more along the lines of a Ferarri...

Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
What track did you run at and did you or your bro drive it?
This message is now long enough.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I see how that works, so we can claim ownership if we have 'timeshare rights' to a vehicle. In that case I think I will buy 2 minutes to sit in G354GOD's car and pay him a whopping $2.00. Then next time I can tell people I "co-own" a TT G35C. Good deal.

Anyone taking timeshare offers for Ferraris or Lambos?

btw: there is no shame in a man driving an automatic sport coupe. My weekend racer Honda Elite SR motorcycle was automatic and it was sporty as hell. Actually it only has one gear, but same difference.

Old 04-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Sukairain
I see how that works, so we can claim ownership if we have 'timeshare rights' to a vehicle. In that case I think I will buy 2 minutes to sit in G354GOD's car and pay him a whopping $2.00. Then next time I can tell people I "co-own" a TT G35C. Good deal.
your claim is valid, but you would only "own" 0.004% of the TT IP G. Zack, on the other hand "owns" 30%...

Old 04-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Banned
Old 04-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I see how that works, so we can claim ownership if we have 'timeshare rights' to a vehicle. In that case I think I will buy 2 minutes to sit in G354GOD's car and pay him a whopping $2.00
But do you have the right to do so? Probably not as "G354G-D" would not approve nor share his car (Well maybe not you anyway, no offense). In this case, you have no rights to his car and you don't own a share in it. Sukarain, come back to me when you find the definition of a "co-owner." Alright?

btw: there is no shame in a man driving an automatic sport coupe. My weekend racer Honda Elite SR motorcycle was automatic and it was sporty as hell. Actually it only has one gear, but same difference.
No shame at all. I love my 5AT and think the tip tranny is wonderful. Want to make fun of it? I'll bring on "The Beast." Yeah, that's the nickname for the RT/10. We named it that after my friend heard the car about 1/2 a mile away on my way to his house. And BTW, my bike was a 6 speed manual also for the motorcycle-challenged people =)

SHIFT_boo ya =P

Old 04-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey wicked, I bet you feel like 2Pac right about now....

"me against the world"

Lets drop it guys and gals....we all live in sunny socal, no need to pick on people...brings a tear to my eye...

Old 04-08-2005, 12:35 AM
No really, hath any one theen my red thapler?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Hey wicked, I bet you feel like 2Pac right about now....
"me against the world"
And just like 2Pac, I'm the icon! So ya'll better recognize! All Eyez on me!!! Hahaha. I'm going to be at Kabuki (sushi restaurant) in Burbank with my girlfriend on Saturday night. I'll definately be bringing the Viper since I know many of you would like to see it.

Or are you "too cool" to leave the OC and hang out elsewhere? Gee Im Fast, why don't you join us Saturday night? I'll pay for your sushi and take you for a spin. Free food and a wicked fast car, can't turn that down man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If you live near Irvine...