Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Need some help.... got scammed on eBay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help.... got scammed on eBay

Hey Guys,

I need some help. I got scammed on eBay several months ago - I never got my product and haven't gotten my money back. I won an auction for $420, for a 2002 Specialized Rockhopper Mountain Bike. Payment via PayPal wasn't accepted - I sent him a money order (I know, my bad... I learn the hard way). For more information on the seller, please PM me...

Let me know if any of your guys can help out a fellow g35driver. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd contact your State or Federal Attorney General for assistance.

I'm thinking it could potentially be viewed as mail fraud if you went the money order way. Do you still have your receipt for the money order?

Old 04-14-2005, 06:38 PM
GZire - Unfortunately, I lost the receipt.... another mistake of mine!

I have the eBay Item Number, his first/last name, mailing address, AIM/AOL email addy, and a few email correspondences from him....

Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
contact Ebay for fraud trouble, they will be able to help you out by some ways, If still not, forget it and learn a lesson. Good Luck!!!

Old 04-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. I'd still go with the law enforcement for assistance plus skylineii's advice about Ebay (don't expect too much from Ebay though).

Old 04-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has the Money Order been cashed? go to your bank and stop payment on it. That will fix it right quick.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Money Orders have to come back to your bank to get cashed and if there is a stop pay on it, they will send it back to that individual as null and void... Suddenly you will be hearing from him all the time.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
Money Orders have to come back to your bank to get cashed and if there is a stop pay on it, they will send it back to that individual as null and void... Suddenly you will be hearing from him all the time.
I purchased the money order from the post office.... with cash... my bank was not involved....

Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
I purchased the money order from the post office.... with cash... my bank was not involved.... and this transaction happened a few months ago.... I've been hounding the guy for the past couple months

Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear Mark, you might want to call e-bay admin or email them.. You're most likely going to file a report stating fraudulent seller. Btw what was the sleer feedback and local?

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/howcontact.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/using-...e-console.html

Good Luck man..

Last edited by martyg35; 04-14-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone....

the guy had 100% feedback, although he only had a few transactions under his belt... he was not local.... he lives in Sylvania, OH (near Toledo). Once I sent my money order, the guy "de-registered" from eBay... no longer a member.

I asked for help from eBay when this first happened...they couldn't do jack because the guy up and took off.....

Thanks again... I'll figure out something!!! If you have any more suggestions...I'd be glad to hear them....

Mark

Old 04-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
post in the Ohio forum and see if a friendly G owner will go pay him a nice visit!

Old 04-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Man that sucks. The only other thing I can think of... www.anywho.com run a look up on his rear and make a little trip to Sylvania OH... make him a new offer, one where his bike comes home with you as well as the $420 bucks.

Enter his address into your Navi system then you show up in that Pearl on Black G with a big ol Black Nine, clap his monkey butt up, yeah its man to man crime...

And it had to be 420 didn't it. Anyone else find this kind of ironic.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:46 PM
if he has done a few transactions through ebay and have gotten feedback, that should mean that he might have a paypal account linked to a bank account of his. or atleast a credit card linked to it. ebay should have that information on file. get a court order to have ebay release those records to you and use that information to contact the local law enforcement agency in his state; assuming he is still there. then....call up OCG and we'll handle the rest.....in peace

Old 04-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Hahaha... I picture you passing out after typing all that... kinda like Frank the tank in "Old School" debate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need some help.... got scammed on eBay