Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

6mt owners ... want some SYNTH tranny fluid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey I want some! Clint did you fill the last spot?

Later,

Ray

Old 04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All yours Ray!

!!! THIS DEAL IS NOW CLOSED !!!

Thanks for the support folks!

Current List:
Case #1
1. THX723
2. dklau33
3. Dizz

Case #2
4. GRider35c
5. MEECHIN
6. Budda

Case #3
7. Alan
8. THX723 (2nd batch)
9. RacerX35

!!! THIS DEAL IS NOW CLOSED !!!

Old 04-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
big thanks to clint for setting this up and taking 2 batches! youre the man!

Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 PM
G Kreuzer
You're welcome. I wanted to have enough for the next flush anyhow.

BTW ... I just came back from picking up the goods. I can't wait to pump them into the G tonight!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey clint.... I'll take your 2nd batch if you dont want it =)

Old 04-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THX723
You're welcome. I wanted to have enough for the next flush anyhow.

BTW ... I just came back from picking up the goods. I can't wait to pump them into the G tonight!!!
Ah man, I guess the people that work late gets the shaft. When's the next batch Clint?

Old 04-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Found out too late. Damn! Just missed it...

Old 04-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha looks like theres already another 3 lined up!

Old 04-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by THX723
Please DO NOT have the false expectation that this product is a miracle juice

You mean this stuff isn't going to add 5 hp, get me a promotion, and increase my attractivness to the opposite sex? I want my money back!

BTW thanks again for doing this. I found out there's a few local shell distributors up here as well so if I really like this stuff might have to buy me a case.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:19 AM
G Kreuzer
Sorry Bruce, Tony and others ... I never intended for this to get as large as it did. If you folks can find more people in groups of THREE, I'll consider getting more. But this is absolutely the last time ... seriously.

Old 04-28-2005, 01:22 AM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by dklau33
You mean this stuff isn't going to add 5 hp, get me a promotion, and increase my attractivness to the opposite sex? I want my money back!

BTW thanks again for doing this. I found out there's a few local shell distributors up here as well so if I really like this stuff might have to buy me a case.
Darin,
I'm sure it'll work just fine as body oil.
... work it sexy beast!

Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 AM
G Kreuzer
In case you don't know yet ... I HAVE THE STUFF IN HAND.

PM me for pickup and payment ($30) arrangements. For those who already PM'd me about performing the flushing service for you while we're at it. It'll charge you $20 for the time and trouble. I'm available either after 7:30pm week nights or during most weekends. The entire process takes approx. 45 minutes.

Now for the juicy stuff ... the imprssion thus far (yes, the juice's already flowing in my car). But before I spill the beans, I feel it's necesary to point out the oem fluid that was in my tranny has been tired since my last flush w. oem fluid. Somce, it's been through track events and the normal abuse of daily driving. The shift quality has deteriated to be quite notchy. 1-2 and 5-6 shifts are usually followed by a thud or clunk. I also started to grind 5th gear on cold mornings.

As I've done in the past, flushing the tranny with the same 'o oem fluid would have cured most of that problem but only temporarily. They simply can't handle the abuse and do not last ... especially after only one track event. I'm hoping this Shell Spirax brew will do better in terms of duty cycle and we will find out soon enough after I track her at Buttonwillow next week.

In any case ... after making a mess and being a contortionist underneath my car for nearly an hour, I managed to use up ~3-3/4 bottles of the Spirax to refill the tranny case. A fluid transfer pump is needed here if you've never done this before. This stuff looks wicked (a prominent orange hue) and smells equally menacing.

Finally, I cleaned up the mess and fired her right up. Did a quick stationary row through the gates. Hmmm ... seems smoother already? Shrugged it off. Too early to tell for certain. I back her out of the garage and gently purred down the street. As the old residual fluid begin to dilute and wash away from the gears, synchros, shafts ... the shifting action improves by the seconds. I continue to work up the rpm in an attempt to draw more heat to the system. This Spirax stuff seems to get better with temperature. The hotter it gets, the happier it is. Works for me! By the end of my 10 minute stint, the tranny has gone from notchy galore that it was to "Can you say Butter?". It was day and night. So far so good ... I'm loving it. This stuff is magic.

Realstically, the oem fluid probably would have also done a commendable job tonight too. However, it has been a little while seen I last felt my tranny this smooth and pleasant, so it's tough for me to rate how the Spirax compare to the *brand spanking new* oem fluid without any bias at this time. The one thing I am certain however, is the rapid deteriating performance of the oem stuff when subject to elevated temperature and load. From champ to chump! I hope for the better with the Spirax. It sure has all the right things going for it as it is from the royalty of being Synthetic.

I don't expect ALL of you to observe the same dramatic improvement ... especially those still w. few milages under their belt. So, I'll be very curious to hear what your impressions regardless.

Alright ... this is all for now.

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails 6mt owners ... want some SYNTH tranny fluid?-resize-spirax.jpg  

Last edited by THX723; 04-28-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
yo! i want some! anyone wanna join me?? and by the way, i have this noise coming from my tranny when its idle... kind of like a muffled rumble...never heard it before until recently at 28k miles. does anyone else have this problem??? or is it a problem or a normal thing.... i also hear a hissing noise from the rear axle kind of like the noise you hear from Mercedez-benz's.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
i'll join you on the next run.......i'm suscribed, so post updates here.....

Old 04-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Clint,
I'll take a case. If I'm gonna flush the tranny why not do the diff.
Its been 8K miles since my last flush and the gears are getting a bit notchy.
Let me know when or where I can get a case.

I'll save the rest for the next flush.

thx

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6mt owners ... want some SYNTH tranny fluid?