Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SPARK Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPARK Motorsports?

I havent been in the whole car thing in years! Last I remember, he on that corner where HK Plaza is. Joey was a cool guy, he helped me out alot. I heard they moved... where are they at now? Are they still in business? I remembered he used to do black housing for cars for a really good price!

If you guys can... please make a list of the shops that are around today. The only one I remember from when I used to fix up my car was Autohaus on Valley. Oh, and theres SpeedWurks (sp) in Diamond Bar.. but they're prices are a joke! What other shops have good stuff and do good work... and most importantly, do it all for a good price!

Old 05-14-2005, 05:57 AM
spark moved to hacienda/amar i think. joey doesn't own it anymore. he sold it or something. u can try here is ur around the area:

c office
18507 valley blvd.
la puente, ca 91744

try to talk to either emery or carlos and say that daniel with the black g and civic told u to go there...

Old 05-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by DOHCtor_Dan
spark moved to hacienda/amar i think. joey doesn't own it anymore. he sold it or something. u can try here is ur around the area:

c office
18507 valley blvd.
la puente, ca 91744

try to talk to either emery or carlos and say that daniel with the black g and civic told u to go there...
Whats the name of that shop? What do they do/specialize in? Can they do black housings for a good price like the old SPARK did? I remember the guys at SPARK would just hit it with a heat gun, and pry the housing apart. I remember bringing all the headlights I used to work on there, and have them open them up for me... and I would just take them home and work on them. The hardest part is opening them... everything else is easy. Time consuming... but easy.

So Joey is gone, and they're now at the cross streets of Hacienda and Amar?

Old 05-15-2005, 05:58 PM
joey's still around the area. last time i talked to him was at sam woo with his wife. he said he quit the car business or something. course that was in front of his wife so not sure if he was serious or just ****ing around.

the shop is called C Office. its next to "Blue Star Automotive". i'm pretty sure they can do the housing thing. i've never been big on cosmetics so i don't know the details of it, but i've seen them do it on other cars before so i'm pretty sure they can do it for you. i usually go to them for performance stuff.

Last edited by DOHCtor_Dan; 05-15-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
joey's still around the area. last time i talked to him was at sam woo with his wife. he said he quit the car business or something. course that was in front of his wife so not sure if he was serious or just ****ing around.

the shop is called C Office. its next to "Blue Star Automotive". i'm pretty sure they can do the housing thing. i've never been big on cosmetics so i don't know the details of it, but i've seen them do it on other cars before so i'm pretty sure they can do it for you. i usually go to them for performance stuff.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sorry to see Joey out of the whole car business thing. Back in the day, he used to hook me up with some really good prices!

Old 05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
yeah he used to hook everyone up basically. as long as ur cool then u get hooked up. but i think he just got tired of all the drama and gangsters chillin at the spot all the time. last time i was at old sparks i almost got shot and the cops came and a few arrests were made...not the safest environment to get ur car worked on, unless ur looking for those custom aerodynamic bullet holes....

Old 05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah he used to hook everyone up basically. as long as ur cool then u get hooked up. but i think he just got tired of all the drama and gangsters chillin at the spot all the time. last time i was at old sparks i almost got shot and the cops came and a few arrests were made...not the safest environment to get ur car worked on, unless ur looking for those custom aerodynamic bullet holes....
haha! Aerodynamic holes

I never new it was that bad. Maybe it started getting bad after I left the whole import scene... or maybe I just overlooked those gangsters as being those typical "cool asian kids".

Old 05-16-2005, 03:43 AM
Dude, Sparks sucked then and I'm sure it sucks now. I would never let those fools work on my car.

Old 05-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Also, didn't you already make another thread asking about shops?

https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/53991-calling-help-909-626-area.html

Old 05-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by GReddySetGO
Also, didn't you already make another thread asking about shops?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53991
Well, I started that thread and got very little response, so I decided to start this one to ask about some of the specific shops that I went to before... that I heard were still around.

If you went to SPARK and just walked in with out knowing them... most likely they'd do a half a$$ job. Alot of shops are like that. But if you know them, then usually they'll treat your car as if it were their own. A good chunk of their work was crap... I'll admit to that. But if you look at their good work... wow! You can tell they knew what they were doing and had the skills. They just didnt want to apply themselves.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:57 AM
Well any shop that does a half assed job on your car just because you don't know them is a bad shop. A good shop would do quality work, everytime. No exceptions. I have a lot of A-holes come to me, but I still do treat their car as if it were mine.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Well any shop that does a half assed job on your car just because you don't know them is a bad shop. A good shop would do quality work, everytime. No exceptions. I have a lot of A-holes come to me, but I still do treat their car as if it were mine.
I totally agree with you... that all shops should do quality work all the time and no half-assing. Which makes me look forward to doing business with you in the future

The main things I used them for was for suspension work/parts, and I would take all the headlights that need to be opened up to SPARK so I could customize it and do black housings. Since you've helped me by covering the suspension, my future turbo, and pretty much everything else SPARK used to do... I just need to find some help later to black out the headlights

I totally forgot about Check Point and Alliance! I wonder if they have any good connections to G35 parts.

Last edited by Silverbolt; 05-16-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Just do the headlights yourself. I've never taken the G35 headlight apart, but I have taken a lot of other cars apart, they all come apart the same.

I know both Check Point and Alliance, we have the same connections

Old 05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
If it's the same place, we had a ClubLexus meet at Spark Racing about 2 months ago.

Spark Racing
1081 Hacienda Blvd. Unit B
La Puente, CA 91744
626-934-8813

Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Just do the headlights yourself. I've never taken the G35 headlight apart, but I have taken a lot of other cars apart, they all come apart the same.

I know both Check Point and Alliance, we have the same connections
Yeah, I've taken apart a few headlights. Thats the worse part! Its a pain in the butt to do! I guess I'll just have to suck it up and do it lol.

OMG, Do you remember CK Motorsports? Are they still around? The only reason I went to them was because they were the first ones to sell the Mugen knock-off strut bars. And I just remembered Wholesale Hyperformance earlier today! I'm actually starting to talk to them now. I'm going to see if they'll hook me up with an account I remember them from way back in the day, but I never needed to talk to them for anything. After talking to them, it sounds like they might be more helpful than both check point and alliance... at least for getting stuff for "my G35"! OMG it feels good to be back in the car scene again!

ShadyJC,
Sorry bud... I dont know if thats them or not. If it is them, I'd only recomend going to them if you're REALLY good at manipulation, making friends/connections and "butt kissing" lol. I used to present myself to the owners in a way where I would either remind them of themselves when they were younger... or a son they never had. Either way, thats how I used to get my hook-ups back then lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPARK Motorsports?