Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Mods.. Power hungry?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
about my anime thread. hm.. that was 1 yr ago when people were actually friend on the site and not talking about random stuff. I was trying to meet up with G owners at the convention. That was why i posted that up. And plus that was a year ago.

Recently the so cali forum started to get out of hand, once this happened, i had to be more strict so... who caused this? many people currently on the s cali boards.

Try and look at the past past. Say like 2 years ago when people were being really helpful to each other and nice. Not telling peopel goofy answers, stray away from the topic at hand, have lots of inside jokes on a thread, stuff like that.. I was here a couple months after this site started. From what i can tell, its changed alot. Lots of the old veteran G drivers don't even come to the S cali forum cause its literally gone to Hell in my opinion.

Me having meets and no one going? Yes that is true now cause all the old veterans left and don't come this S cali forum. Thats why i have no more meets. And plus people are flaking left and right. Look at my meets before. How many people did i get?

Anyways.... I feel like i am doing my job. If you don't think so.. talk to the admins about it. I don't really care. I thought i did the right thing.

Ed Lin

Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 AM
I skimmed through the first few pages and kind of got an idea of whats going on. I was just suprised to see this thread still going! I've been a moderator for many other forums for many years, and still am one in a couple that are still going. I really havent seen anything that Ed Lin was doing wrong. What I do in all my forums that I moderate is post a sticky of each individual sub-forum rules... which he did too. He clearly said that all topics should be car related. He also posted this just a couple months ago, so it doesnt matter that he posted about his anime stuff since it was way before the rules were posted.

Most, if not all moderators are doing their jobs just purely out of love for the forum. No one here is getting paid. Theres no way that every thread, page and post can be read and moderated. They only do what they can. If they miss something that is not appropriate... then report it. At the top right corner of each post, you'll see an exclamation mark in a blue square. Click it to report a bad post. You could also IM any moderator too.

From one moderator to another, all I can ding Ed Lin is for only minor little things.

1) His sticky thread of the forum rules could have been titled better so that all will read it and know what it is.

2) He should have made sure he left an explanation when locking or deleting a thread or post.

But in his defense, he doesnt even have to do any of the above. If he does those things, thats just him being nice. When you first register as a member, it pretty much says that the owners have the right to pretty much do whatever they want... as they see fit: edit, move, delete, close. This authority is passed down to the mods as well. If there is a problem with a mod, then an admin should be contacted with solid proof of abuse.

Lets all just drop this thread and get back to what we're all really here for. Southern Californians, sharing in our hobbies and passion for G35s.

Last edited by Silverbolt; 06-03-2005 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
still no excuse to lock a thread.. nothing was said wrong in that thread.. no jokes were made.. I just wanted some help on a local gym.. and some others did too... if something wrong was said or strayed away from the subject it would have been only right to close thread... still doesn't explain the reasoning sorry...

Old 06-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
kinda out of topic but.. can he remake the thread or can you open it up again please?

Old 06-03-2005, 04:32 AM
Geeze...what did I miss?

P.S. Kia for mod!!!!!

P.P.S. Congrats to Rashman on graduation!!!

Old 06-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally Posted by GUniiT
still no excuse to lock a thread.. nothing was said wrong in that thread.. no jokes were made.. I just wanted some help on a local gym.. and some others did too... if something wrong was said or strayed away from the subject it would have been only right to close thread... still doesn't explain the reasoning sorry...
From what I understand, your thread had no relation or relevance to G35s, which made it off-topic. In his "rules", he clearly says that anything not relating to G35s will be deleted. Some "California sub-forums" allow anything related to California. Some forums make it even more specific by further filtering it with other criteria, just as Ed Lin did by saying that it also had to be G35 related.

I, personally like the whole "anything Cali related, goes" type of forum, but this is how he wants to run this forum, and the admins back him up on it. We have to respect that and obide by the rules... whether we like it or not

Klumzyee, he'll only open it if he decides to change the SoCal sub-forum rules. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what his response will be.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:08 AM
wow man what I think is this. Accusing is pointless unless your gonna do something about it. I think everyone needs to take a niiiice long breathe and chill. Khurram I would be helllla pissed if I was in your shoes also bro. Ed, yes your doing your job but are you doing it in the best way? What I would do if I were you is vote to lock a thread. Bring it to the attention of your peers or even members on this site. I dont think talking about anything related to S. CAL and not G35s is wrong. Many others dont think it is either. I too vote for Kia but its up to him. I really am not gonna say anything else b/c I dont want the position of a moderator. Ed man your a good guy but you nee to be fair. Khurram, I got your back 100% b/c I do think it was unfair what happend with you but just drop it and try to do something better about it right? Ed, please try to make adjustments. Thankx man and I know we will alll be singing "koom bi aww" again soon. DAamn sorry if I butchered the spelling

Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Registered

everyone..its very clear that guniit posted a non g related topic...and its very clear that ed did not explain y..but if you read his sticky..you can see y it was closed..unless you did not read it...

if a message is all it takes to resolve this..I will do it myself..

Let this be the end of this and once again..any post tat is not g related will be closed without notice..

Old 06-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by dyenboy
everyone..its very clear that guniit posted a non g related topic...and its very clear that ed did not explain y..but if you read his sticky..you can see y it was closed..unless you did not read it...

Let this be the end of this and once again..any post tat is not g related will be closed without notice..
If a non-G related thread is your concern, than you have 9,999 other threads to CLOSE in the SoCal Section. From what I know, this section isn't all about rides. We have the G-coupe/Sedan section for that. This section is for meets, advice on cars, or local help (whether it be for a gym connection or not).

Old 06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dyenboy

it could have at least been moved to off-topic... no???

Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
If a non-G related thread is your concern, than you have 9,999 other threads to CLOSE in the SoCal Section. From what I know, this section isn't all about rides. We have the G-coupe/Sedan section for that. This section is for meets, advice on cars, or local help (whether it be for a gym connection or not).
With all the B.S., negativity and drama aside, he is correct.

And to all that are pining over the "old days", get over it.

Old 06-03-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't get why the Jesus freak gets to stay up but buddy gets shut down asking about a gym. Way more people have died as the result of a discussion about Jesus than have ever been killed in search of cardiovascular fitness.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by big daddy d
I don't get why the Jesus freak gets to stay up but buddy gets shut down asking about a gym. Way more people have died as the result of a discussion about Jesus than have ever been killed in search of cardiovascular fitness.
he has a point there

Last edited by GRider35c; 06-03-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Wait... Who is the Jesus freak that big daddy d speaks of?

Old 06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Banned
check out off topic forum...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mods.. Power hungry?