Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

post your dyno results please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
My torque conveter is stock. A think a aftermarket torque converter is good if you like to race because you can brake torque higher to launch. I plan on getting one I think DaveO got his from edge racing. I don't know why I pulled so low at stillen 253hp and 232tq. I think it's because I have the kinetix with the 3/8 spacer and it was causing me to ping bad maybe because of too much air. (I could be wrong) I took the spacer off when I got home from stillen and it pulls stronger now (butt dyno) .
You had the plenum AND spacer?... I was leaning towards the spacer only (I know I shouldn’t go here, but)... You have run w/plenum and like it - have you tried spacer only w/stock plenum? I know there are other topics out there about this and they get more brutal than this one was for a short while... What is your take on it?

As far as torque, I thought since you mentioned your TQ being high was "because of your torque converter" (a couple of posts up) that meant it was modified somehow. Was there something else you did to improve torque?

Old 06-11-2005, 10:49 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I think while an aftermarket torque convertor will give you better torque multiplication early in the RPM curve, when we talk about max torque on a dyno, we usually mean the max torque after the early part of the curve around 4500 RPM (for automatics). Unless the new torque convertor is able to decrease the driveline loss.

derek (dsskyline), I'm surprised that you're able to run both the 3/8" and Kinetix plenum. What do you think of the gains if any vs. just a Kinetix. My 1/4" spacer with crawford V5 has a tiny portion that I think is touching the hood liner.

Anyway, with all this dyno talk, we should do a dyno day in July/August. I know that there's one on June 25th, but I have graduation on that day, so I'm still not confident that I can make it.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
You had the plenum AND spacer?... I was leaning towards the spacer only (I know I shouldn’t go here, but)... You have run w/plenum and like it - have you tried spacer only w/stock plenum? I know there are other topics out there about this and they get more brutal than this one was for a short while... What is your take on it?

As far as torque, I thought since you mentioned your TQ being high was "because of your torque converter" (a couple of posts up) that meant it was modified somehow. Was there something else you did to improve torque?
I pulled 248hp with the stock plenum and spacer and then pulled 254hp with the kinetix and spacer with pinging. I think I'm getting too much air with both or maybe I need to go to technosquare again to compensate for the extra air. I think I'll save my $150 and wait until I put on my headers then go to technosquare. I was told by the dyno tech the high tq #'s is what happens when you dyno ATs' the torque converter grabs more at the start of a dyno. I guess so it seems like it from the #'s. The dyno used was a dyna dynamic. If you want a spacer I'll sell you mine and install it for you if you like for $100 it's a 3/8 spacer you just need to get a extra gasket though. Let me know I'll be in your area next weekend. I did nothing extra to improve TQ besides the mods listed in my sig in between dynos.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damnnnnnn you g35 guys are hella sensitive..i'm just ****ing around..i don't care how much power you have, don't have, how fast your car is, isn't..whatever..it's all about cars and people who love them (and love ****ing around with them)

what horse power really means, is how much money your willing to throw away..thats the bottom line.

Quit smoking your crazy and being such a sensitive baby, or i'll scratch....

my nails on a chalkboard

heh

Old 06-12-2005, 05:18 AM
btw, OCG35, in the first post i made here..i guess it does apply to you..it says "whats cracking slow pokes.."

If you took the time to read the rest of the post, you'd notice it says, SLOW IN THE HEAD..not slow as in your car..

did you get that this time around? or should i go SLOWER for you

Old 06-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by E_K
I think while an aftermarket torque convertor will give you better torque multiplication early in the RPM curve, when we talk about max torque on a dyno, we usually mean the max torque after the early part of the curve around 4500 RPM (for automatics). Unless the new torque convertor is able to decrease the driveline loss.

derek (dsskyline), I'm surprised that you're able to run both the 3/8" and Kinetix plenum. What do you think of the gains if any vs. just a Kinetix. My 1/4" spacer with crawford V5 has a tiny portion that I think is touching the hood liner.

Anyway, with all this dyno talk, we should do a dyno day in July/August. I know that there's one on June 25th, but I have graduation on that day, so I'm still not confident that I can make it.
Albert (EK) I had both the 3/8 and kinetix on during the dyno day in riverside. I think I lost hp and tq due to too much air maybe. I'm not sure maybe the next dynoday I will research this. I'll just be out of $100 which is better than $160. TS only adjusted for the plenum not the plenum and spacer. I've done 3 dynos after installing the spacer and I had pinging.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Just to clarify the dyno tech told me to disregard my TQ in the beginning of the dyno and that my max TQ is in 4500 to 5500 range.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Xtrm300zX
btw, OCG35, in the first post i made here..i guess it does apply to you..it says "whats cracking slow pokes.."

If you took the time to read the rest of the post, you'd notice it says, SLOW IN THE HEAD..not slow as in your car..

did you get that this time around? or should i go SLOWER for you
Are you on Drugs???!!! Read the 11th post in THIS thread... that's what I'm referring to. You never even posted "what's cracking slow pokes" in this thread - that was in an entirely DIFFERENT thread. Re-read your own words - do I need to go s-l-o-w-e-r for you to understand? Maybe you should start ‘thinking’ before you post out here… You’re making yourself look like an A@@!

Old 06-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
I pulled 248hp with the stock plenum and spacer and then pulled 254hp with the kinetix and spacer with pinging. I think I'm getting too much air with both or maybe I need to go to technosquare again to compensate for the extra air. I think I'll save my $150 and wait until I put on my headers then go to technosquare. I was told by the dyno tech the high tq #'s is what happens when you dyno ATs' the torque converter grabs more at the start of a dyno. I guess so it seems like it from the #'s. The dyno used was a dyna dynamic. If you want a spacer I'll sell you mine and install it for you if you like for $100 it's a 3/8 spacer you just need to get a extra gasket though. Let me know I'll be in your area next weekend. I did nothing extra to improve TQ besides the mods listed in my sig in between dynos.
Thanks Dsskyline - I might be intersted in buying your spacer... I'll PM you.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
hijacked eh?

Old 07-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Dynojet

Here is my dyno. My mod in the signature, the test was on the 4th gear. Can anyone help if I am too much on gas or air ratio. Kinda confused if my A/F are in the normal standard.

Attached Thumbnails post your dyno results please!-wolfstrerx_dyno.jpg  
Old 07-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Here are my dyno results.

The red horsepower and torque lines show serious pinging. The blue and green lines show how smart the ECM is and how fast it can respond.

Not bad for a stock 2003 AT Sedan - huh?

Attached Thumbnails post your dyno results please!-s-dyno-9-4-04.jpg  

Last edited by DaveO; 07-03-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:38 PM
^^^ Stock????... Are those really stock numbers Dave?... I know you hate controversy when you post (and you know me better than that) - but I'm not sure if you were serious about stock? If so, that's amazing!

Old 07-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ Stock????... Are those really stock numbers Dave?... I know you hate controversy when you post (and you know me better than that) - but I'm not sure if you were serious about stock? If so, that's amazing!
Not too bad for a stock 2003 G35 AT Sedan - ok for one with N/A mods.

Last edited by DaveO; 07-03-2005 at 09:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.