Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Mr. Sage = Bastard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Sage = Bastard

LOL!

I just called Nissan of Glendale and they said $12 labor for an oil change if I bring in my own oil and filter. Then I mentioned that I have a G35 and they said that they would not work on the car. I was informed that I'd have to take it to Infiniti across the street; and with a thick spanish accent, "they gonna charge you a lot more, though." I pleaded for a little help since it's a very similar procedure with a 350Z, maybe sans the 15 bolts to remove the underbody diffuser and still get a "no."

Last edited by eldy; 06-23-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by eldy
LOL!

I just called Nissan of Glendale and they said $12 labor for an oil change if I bring in my own oil and filter. Then I mentioned that I have a G35 and they said that they would not work on the car. I was informed that I'd have to take it to Infiniti across the street; and with a thick spanish accent, "they gonna charge you a lot more, though." I pleaded for a little help since it's a very similar procedure with a 350Z, maybe sans the 15 bolts to remove the underbody diffuser and still get a "no."
Don't fret...here's something very scary for ya...I went to a Nissan dealership (parts dept) and asked for a couple of filters for da G..." Duh, do you know the engine size or Stock # on da part"....WTF?!?!..what kind of backwoods rednecks do they hire at some of these places....I'm like..."in case you haven't been a "mechanic" or a true parts person in a while...same F'N Engine as the 350Z"....I was just waiting for him to ask a stupid question like..."well, is it a hardtop or convertible"....

Old 06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL!

That's kinda dumb........You could understand about warranty work, since Nissan won't pay a Nissan dealer for Infiniti work, but to do regular maintenance such as Oil & Filter shouldn't cause any static.

My local Nissan is good. He'll do anything other than warranty work.

C.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:48 PM
No worries. I was up in Central California when I noticed that my air filter needed replacing. Since the nearest Nissan dealer was only 2 miles away, I went to them and picked up a filter. Told 'em it was for an '04 350Z, didn't mention that I had a G35. That Nissan dealership used to change the oil in my I30 all the time.

Both the Nissan and Infiniti dealerships are owned by Morrie Sage. Don't know if that's still the owner, but that is the name. There's probably a policy at the Nissan dealership not to work on the Infinitis. It was very humerous for the service manager to admit that they're going to charge me more accross the street!

Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Next time, if you want a good laugh:

Tell them you own a 350GT and see what happends?

Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
I was driving by the dealerships today and decided to ask Infiniti how much for an oil change and also for the 15K mile service. The oil change is only $4 more if I bring in my own oil and filter. The 15K mile service is about $250. There were no snacks in their waiting room though! Metro had home made cookies by a semi-milfy service rep.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:23 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
it costs more for you to bring in your own oil and filter?

Old 06-24-2005, 03:20 AM
If I bring in my own oil and filter the oil change costs $12 at Nissan and $16 at Infiniti.

Old 06-24-2005, 04:34 AM
how about a Group change? JK

Old 06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Eldy, I seen that same semi-milfy girl at metro. The cookies were great...hahahaha. I went in about 2 weeks ago for an oil change.

Old 06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Morrie Sage...isn't he the guy that owns that Nissan dealer down in Universal City...right off the freeway. I didn't know he owned the Glendale franchise's also.

Old 06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
LOL!

if you do it yourself, it cost you $0 for labor

come on Eldy!!! get your knuckles broken in!!!

Old 06-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Gee3Five
Morrie Sage...isn't he the guy that owns that Nissan dealer down in Universal City...right off the freeway. I didn't know he owned the Glendale franchise's also.
Yeah, that's him. I believe he owns Universal City Nissan, Glendale Nissan, and Glendale Infiniti. I think Rob saw him at a Mini-Euro GTG a couple months back... he rolls a Daytona Blue G

Old 06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
They've got a Bently over in the Glendale Infinity show room...I believe it was one of the Sage family members. It was a coupe....I don't know why I'm typing this...allright lates

Old 06-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by wickedG35
Yeah, that's him. I believe he owns Universal City Nissan, Glendale Nissan, and Glendale Infiniti. I think Rob saw him at a Mini-Euro GTG a couple months back... he rolls a Daytona Blue G
Wick i didnt tell you, he is my neighbor. This guy rolls the phattest cars every week. And im talking like 100,000 dollar plus cars.

Originally Posted by WordUp
They've got a Bently over in the Glendale Infinity show room...I believe it was one of the Sage family members. It was a coupe....I don't know why I'm typing this...allright lates
No thats his, i know

Last edited by RashMan1450; 06-24-2005 at 10:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mr. Sage = Bastard