Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Prices on Auto Coupe in so cal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prices on Auto Coupe in so cal

hi everyone,

I am about to purchase a new auto coupe within the next few weeks and was wondering whats kind of prices have you guys been getting. So far my best offer was at invoice. I am pretty sure, since the 06's coming in pretty soon, that i can negotiate below invoice. Has anyone negotiatied below invoice yet for a coupe and how much under? Also still debating whether or not to get the premium package. Do you think its really worth it? Or can I save that 2 grand? Thanks.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Get the prem pack it's worth it.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 PM
anyone else?

Old 06-28-2005, 04:23 AM
OB83...

If a dealership has quoted you INVOICE on a Coupe...take it.

I work for Montclair & we've still been making at least $1000 over on automatic Coupes.

Despite 2006 models on their way (around October)...sales on G35 Coupes are still very strong. Just look at the prices on used ones. Average price for a used 2003 or 2004 w/ between 18-25k miles are just a few thousand below new MSRP. Sure, that may not be what people are actually paying for them, but thats what "book value" is & so thats what dealerships are asking.

So again, if you can really get INVOICE, buy it. My guess is that you got that quote over the phone. Some dealerships will low-ball just to get the customer to come in...then once you get there, something will come up where "that car was sold" or "only on this color" ...blah, blah, blah.

If / when you're really serious about getting the car...give me a call. I actually won't be there anymore after this month...going to Shelly BMW in Buena Park. But, I can still get you a good deal on G35 at Montclair. It won't be at INVOICE...but it will be a good deal.

** To those self-proclaimed "informed, intelligent car-shoppers" here...lets not get started on another long pointless thread about "dealership invoices not being real, there's all kinds of hold-backs...blah, blah, blah" ok? I'm just trying to save this guy alot of hagglin & game-playing...and being realistic - noone will sell something for the same amount he paid (and not make a profit) **

Old 06-28-2005, 04:30 AM
As for the $2k Premium Package...that really depends on you.

Do you really need/want a sunroof? How about the powered tilt/telescopic steering wheel? And do you have garage at home or work where you'll appreciate the Homelink?

I have a 6MT Sedan...base w/ just sunroof. I don't have garage doors at home, and I'm the only one that drives the car so the powered steering wheel is useless to me. So, for me, the $2k wasn't worth it, I just paid $1k for the sunroof.

I think the base stereo sounds good enough...but you might like the Bose better. Function-wise, they both do the exact same (6-disc changer, mp3 compatible).

So...depends on your needs/wants. $2k really won't make a big difference on your payments (if $30 a month will make or break you...you should probably not be looking at a G35 to begin with).

Hope this helped...^-^