Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

LA Lakers Draft - Andrew Bynum (17 Yrs. 8 Mo. Old)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its funny how your guys are knocking on shaq for being overweight.. if anything thats what I find more interesting about him, with his body type he should be in the NFL, yet his "overweight" butt can still run up and down the court for a whole game at times and still be able to make game winning shots/blocks/rebounds etc. I think the way that Shaq thinks and the way he plays the game couldn't be anymore perfect. Honestly I think Shaq is the only true role model that hasn't really gotten in any major trouble with the law *cough* Kobe.. hotel **** *cough* Im not knockin on the greats like Wilt but that was back in his time he was the greatest, in this current time Shaq is undoubtly one of the best players to have ever stepped on to the floor. And for Bynum's comment that poor kid is going to be laying on the floor at the next LA. Miami game.. that like comparing Jordan to Kobe.. it will never be the same.. each has there great momemts, Jordan just has more history. Coming to the NBA and saying your the new anything is very cocky which we've all seen can lead to bad decesions *cough* Kobe *cough*

Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kobe is the downfall of the Lakers! Want proof? Look where Shaq took his team (they would have went further had he and Wade not been hurt). Look where Kobe took his team.

Kobe is no Jordan.

That being said, some of you may say oh Kobe doesn't have a team. BS!!!

Lamar Odom is amazing! He went to the Olympics and was the one bright spot on our Olympics team. Had he not been there, we wouldn't have made bronze in my opinion.

Odom and Kobe could be an amazing 1-2 punch, but Kobe is too much of a ballhog. The only times I saw the Lakers play like a team were when Kobe was hurt.

For Rapist Bryant, I mean Kobe Bryant, or Cheater Bryant, or whatever his name is, the option is score on your own, and if you can't do it, put your teammate in a bad position when you finally pass the ball.

Jordan never had a team either (for all of you thinking Pippen, Pippen was nothing when he left). Jordan made everyone on his team better. Kobe just flat out pulls everyone down with his attitude. They could have put the Pistons down two years ago, but didn't because he didn't want to feed Shaq the ball. I could go on and on here, but until Kobe matures and becomes an adult (hopefully not too late) the Lakers will never go anywhere! He needs to make his teammates better, integrate them, not alienate them! Then you will have a great team, and then Kobe himself will get much better.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Shaq is a great player, hands down. I still enjoy watching him even if his not on the Lakers. Is he fat, not sure about that, met him at the house of blues and honestly he looked all muscle. As for the new kid hopefully he has a bright future, the next Shaq hopefully but for now his a rookie.

Kobe much talent, he has game and what he does in his personal life is his problem. I recall Jordan/Magic running into some problems like Kobe did, with that said we are talking talent not who sleept w/ who.

Lamar Odom, come on are you serious. We have the left overs from the Shaq trade and to be honest for giving away one of the best centers to ever play the game we got nothing in return.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:20 AM
I have some disagreements. I think Shaq is awesome, but I hardly call anyone who airballs freethrows a basketball player. He is great because he is a behemoth. Nuff said.

Kobe is absolutely talented, but he has the wrong attitude. He showed this year that ONE Guy cannot win it. It takes a team. Like I said before, Jordan made everyone on his team better. Kobe keeps them at arms length, ball hogs, doesn't distribute well, and worst of all refused to play the game Phil Jackson wanted him to play.

Phil Jackson is one of the best basketball coaching masterminds, and knows way more than Kobe. He has won how many championships now with his triangle offense? Kobe being unwilling to be a team player is why they didn't make the playoffs.

Lamar Odom is awesome. He is one of the best players in the NBA, hence why he was on the Olympic team. You obviously haven't watched him if you doubt it. I'm not saying I'd prefer him over Shaq, but he is far from a slouch. I watched him play live against Garnett, did a great job guarding Garnett, and scored about 30 points against him. It was pretty awesome. Odom is absolutely a force to be reckoned with. HOWEVER, Odom unlike Bryant, knows his place and role on the team and fills it. That is the problem with the Lakers. They would absolutely be in the playoffs with their current team if Kobe played the triangle like Jackson had been trying to get him to do, if Kobe simply got his teammates involved and got them good opportunities.

Instead Kobe is the one man show, who didn't make the playoffs!

PS.... I grew up in Phoenix and will always be a Suns fan, since I was 5 years old! Man Stoudamire and Nash made a great run! 1-2 punch! Just like Odom and Kobe could be!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Khurram raises a good point about Shaq, yea he is a giant and may have a HUUUUGE advantage but wow the way he can move his feet, pass and shoot is amazing for a big man. He tops in the 3 for most free throw attempts and makes em when he needs to. Time and time again. Remember the Lakers vs the trailblazers in game 7 when they went to hack a shaq in the 4th quarter.... how many freethrows did he make? And this year when Miami played detroit also in game 6, towards the end, who made 6 key freethrows in the last 6 minutes. Comeon guys!

TO resolve this kobe/shaq argument... HOW MANY MVPs does kobe have????? hahaha EXACTLY!

Look @ lamar Odor, Caron Butler and Brian Grants #s in Miami compared to the stats they posted this year. Theres a reason why Brian Grant got soo much damn money think about that!

Wilt Chamberlain was A PIMP!!!! Time magazine or someother magazine of such did an article on him when he died in 2002 I believe and they said he slept with an average of 2.1 women A NIGHT! hahaha that is pimp status right there! Dude alll I can say is, kobe screwed himself with his own finger cause hes not in anymore commercials or any NBA promotion adds. Look how much we hear about Dwayne Wade and he plays for MIAMI. Funny how they changed kobes status with a kid named Wade..... Shaq is doing something right, dont you think?!?

Old 07-01-2005, 10:09 AM
The Lakers need a point guard. I agree with both you guys...Bynum is not Shaq...and we need to give him some time to develop to see what kind of player he will be. Did I mention the Lakers need a point guard...it is by far the biggest weakness right now. Obviously Kobe cannot do everything by himself, and while I think he f*cked up a good thing with Shaq we have to go forward with what they have now. The bad news is that the Lakers have no cap room for the upcoming year, so I do not expect to see any big free agent deals. In 2007 however, there is a lot of cap room and that is when the Lakers should be able to get back to their winning ways.
I am afraid that we will have to suffer through another very poor season again next year. Hey, does anyone think that the Lakers could use a point guard??

Old 07-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought there was new rules stating that you must be 19+ and finished with high school, *not sure on this one* with also 1 year of college.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:06 PM
blah blah blah.....Lakers will probably trade the kid for some good veterans. Phil only has three years on his contract so he can't wait for some kid to get better, he's gonna want to win another championship soon.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Like I said before... I think the Lakers will easily be a playoff team if Kobe plays Phil Jackson's game. If he brushes the chip off his shoulder, distributes the ball, and makes his teammates better, they will be good. With that being said, I'm hoping for the Suns to do it this coming year! Would have been neat to see them play San Antonio if Joe Johnson wasn't hurt.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pfizzle
I thought there was new rules stating that you must be 19+ and finished with high school, *not sure on this one* with also 1 year of college.

Starts next year I believe.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Lakers will be a playoff team... yes. I agree but I dont think they have all the right places to proceed after the 1st round. Their gonna lose the first round in 5 games and its gonna suck! anyway guys, Suns are lookin good so far with aquireing Kurt Thomas. They lack size down low. Hes not a great scorer but descent shot blocker and great rebounder. Theyve been the first team to make a good move so we'll see what happens.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Nuff said

When asked about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers' 17-year-old draft pick, O'Neal told The Times, "Tell him Shaq doesn't respond to juvenile delinquents without a college degree. Tell him to get his degree and we can talk. In the meantime, he should call me Dr. Shaq because I'm working on my PhD."

LOL @ Shaq. Thats great!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lakers Sucks!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by patrickwong
lakers Sucks!
I knew you had something stupid to say PW. LOL, they suck huh? Yea wait till i see you next time. My Israeli side will be comin after you. LOL

Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Kamal34
When asked about Andrew Bynum, the Lakers' 17-year-old draft pick, O'Neal told The Times, "Tell him Shaq doesn't respond to juvenile delinquents without a college degree. Tell him to get his degree and we can talk. In the meantime, he should call me Dr. Shaq because I'm working on my PhD."

LOL @ Shaq. Thats great!
I guess Shaq can only speak with 5 to 10% of the players in the NBA then. Plus, getting both degrees online, does that really count?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LA Lakers Draft - Andrew Bynum (17 Yrs. 8 Mo. Old)