Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Latest Laker Trade: K. Brown for Caron Butler (G35 Related)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Laker Trade: K. Brown for Caron Butler (G35 Related)

Yup, you heard it right. The Los Angeles Times is reporting that G35-lovin (read about this somewhere in Slam!) Kwame Brown of the Washington Wizards is reportedly being dealt for Caron Butler and another player. I hope this trade lives up to the Lakers expectation because for long stretches of his Wizards career, many believe that Kwame has been a huge bust. Caron Butler on the other hand is a straight baller. Towards the end of the season last year, he practically did everything to help salvage any pride that the Lakers had within themselves. The other players that might be dealt are Chucky Atkins or Devean George. I was wondering to see what you other SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN G35 drivers think about this....

peace

ali gizzle

Old 07-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Descent trade... Thing with Kwame is he isnt a consistant scorer. Hes a good rebounder and puts up 3-5 blocks on that good night and he has a big body to size up on many forwards. He is just another Brian Grant and we all saw how Brian did getting banged up against the big men night in and night out.

Devean George is a great shooter when hes hot but very inconsistant. He can rebound and D well but his biggest problem is, he isnt consistant... He could play well at G and well at forward so he is a versatile player.

Chucky Atkins... I dont really think he was a good fit for the lakers this year. The way their offense will be next year around Phil, he will be a good fit. He can sink 3s, he can defend exceptional and he is a very high tempo player. He LOVES pushing the ball hard and thats why he will fit well in the triangle. I dont think he was able to do what he wanted working behind kobe when he demanded to touch the ball soo much.

Caron Butler is a good player for the lakers. The only laker that noticeably played with his heart. Ali G is right when he says that Caron protected the laker name. He is a very versatile player that can sink the open shots and who can handle the ball and dish to open players. He isnt a great player but he took away attention from Lamar and kobe and he hurt whoever they played if they didnt guard caron correctly. His D was good and he matched up well against manny sg.

Kwame Brown is a good player but I dont think hes with Caron and +1 or another player. Kwame for Caron would have been good enough. If I were the Lakers I woulda done Caron and a 2nd round draft pick and the wizards would have jumped especially after losing Larry Hughes.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I was very eager in looking forward to seeing who the Lakers would pick up in the offseason after that horrible season and let me tell you Kwame Brown wasnt anywhere near being at the top of my list of acquisitions. I just hope that it plays out well for the Lakers. I think Caron Butler will be a good fit for Washington but in terms of fantasy value he will take a sharp dive.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
well said Ali, I agree. everything is exactly how I look at it. Interesting to see if the Lakers will go after Shareef or Stromile Swift, their big men out there now who are free agents. Actually scratch that cause the lakers cant afford them. They cant afford many players out there so this year, dont expect a lot from the purple and gold.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:07 PM
terrible trade, and i dont believe it until i see it

Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
damn ijust saw it hahahaha . i still think it is a terrible trade, butler was lakers 2nd best player....

Old 07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposedly hes a power forward and is what the Lakers have been "needing"...btw..

WTF is a Laker?

Edit: NM, looked it up: A Laker is a type of ship designed for carrying cargo on the Great Lakes. Most lakers have a distinctive profile to make maximum use of the locks and canals along the lakes and the St. Lawrence Seaway: they are long (typically 600-1,000 feet) and narrow, with the pilot house near the bow and a second structure, bearing (typically) a single funnel, near the stern. The newer 1,000 ft lakers have only a stern structure.

My next question is now just

WTF?

Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I think it's a good trade, considering the "potential" that Kwame has...He could very well be the next Jermaine O'neal (who also didn't blossom until he moved his *** out of Portland)...That also moves Lamar to SF, his natural position...also considering that the Lakeshow is stacked with SFs...but we definitely need a PG for sure...I know the Lakers were looking into the possibility of getting Antonio Daniels, which would be sweet, but that seems kind of far-fetched...Anyhow, this all plays into the grand scheme of having enough money in 2007 to get Amare, or Yao...genius...

Last edited by G-ThreeFizzle; 07-14-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Kamal you got it dead center. The Lakers are **** outta luck when it comes to dishing out the money for free agents. So we are kinda screwed in that aspect. But you gotta remember that I think Buss and the rest of the Lakers management are looking for longterm success for the sports team as opposed to something that is short and sweet.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
hahaha money for amare in 07??? you are out of your mind, there is no way phoenix is letting amare even leave state on vacation. Phoenix rules!!! 06 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!

Old 07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by JeffNaber
hahaha money for amare in 07??? you are out of your mind, there is no way phoenix is letting amare even leave state on vacation. Phoenix rules!!! 06 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!
Yeah, that's what Orlando said about Shaq...it's all about the money...period...and until Phoenix learns to play some defense, they can keep calling the Spurs "Daddy."

Old 07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=G-ThreeFizzle]I think it's a good trade, considering the "potential" that Kwame has...He could very well be the next Jermaine O'neal (who also didn't blossom until he moved his *** out of Portland)...QUOTE]

if hes the next jermaine oneal than that bynum kid is the next shaq. I dont know why people love saying "this player is gonna be the next Jordan, Shaq, Isiah Thomas, etc" A player is a player for himself and not to be someone else. G3fizzle, I dont mean to put u on the spot or am I in no way calling u out but im just saying. Kwame being the next jermaine is highly unlikely because the offense structure phil uses is aimed more towards the Gs and than the big men. You will see next year that kobe will grow his stock back but nothing like it was. Everyone will be over the scandal and his retarded play becuase Phil is back and I think now he will be ready to listen. Kwame will most likely be coming off the bench as backup C and Brian Grant will hold the PF spot. It gives them depth but not a lotta luck.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:33 PM
They're releasing Brian Grant...so he actually won't be there...and I'm not saying that Kwame IS going to be the next Jermaine...I'm just saying he has the same potential...completely different...all the things that the Lakers are doing are purely for the grand scheme of things for the future...and Kwame would actually be the ONLY post-up player that the Lakers have...other than Kobe...

Old 07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
MGHTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May
God
Help
The
Lakers

Old 07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Lakers Suck Azz!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest Laker Trade: K. Brown for Caron Butler (G35 Related)