Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Woohoo! Finally 18 ... >.>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow man I should post how old I was and how old I was when I got my TT and then how old I am after I build..
so how old were you. just curious

Old 11-03-2005, 04:27 AM
haha stickup35sedan, ask him cause hes a smart a$$ know it all. I got my car when I was 18, TT when I was 18 and rebuild when 20. stickup35sedan am I cool now? Can we be friends? hahaha PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Old 11-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Banned
17 here.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
got mine when i was 17, 19 now.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Wow... my birthday thread turned into a "what's my age" thread... >.>

The G is my ..3rd car. First drove a van, then an oldass E320, then got the G. I make sure to take care of it as good, if not better than most of you. =PPP

Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by aequitask
LOL dont trip...hes making a good point...if you work hard in school and youre parents get it for you then all the power to you..if you work hard and make the money to pay for it then power to you as well...

If you work hard and pay for it... thats awsome. If you work hard in school and get good grades, and your parents buy you a $35k car... SPOILED! You're supposed to work hard and get good grades anways! Do your parents give you a $50 reward for everytime you go to the bathroom, and a bonus of $25 for flushing? lol. (not directed towards anyone)

Work hard in school, you deserve good grades. Work hard at work, you get money to buy a car = deserving. + and - for how you treat the car afterwards

Old 11-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How you treat the car doesn't mean you don't deserve it if you treat it like crap. It just means you're filthy rich homie. Simple as that...

Everyone of you who beats on thier tranmission are unworthy? Those who turbo then blow thier motors are unworthy ?? Nope, ofcourse not. These people are the ones that can pay to play.

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 11-03-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Im 24.

I feel kinda young to have this car sometimes. I did buy it myself, and i pay for all the mods myself too. but i know people who are younger than me who drive nicer (more $$$) cars. No biggie. Im happy and thats all that matters.

Its just all relevant you know? Some people are just plain rich. They cant help it? My buddy got a S500 Benz when he was 17! Is he spoiled? Prally. Is he an azzzhole? nope. He knows hes lucky to have a rich and hard-working father. Its just all about if you realize how lucky you are or not. I see some punk around my house driving Range Rovers and stuff and they act like idiots. They give young people with money a bad name.

So if your 17,18,19 with a G35...i say, play on playa! Just be cool and humble about it.

PS: Need anyone to buy u beer, PM me! hahaha jk jk

Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
true that. play on playa. your 18 with a G. you're going to pull lotz of biatches.

by 18, i had an Audi and a Celica. Just watch out for the speeding tickets!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
go on the m3forums, theirs kids bragging that they have m3 conv's @ 16 and saying they paid for it cash and with their own money. haha

Old 11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I got the... down payment of the car as a birthday gift from my parents when I was 17... and I'm paying off the car myself. Incase anyone was wondering. =)

Old 11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I bet most of these "kids" that say they paid for the car themselves actually had mom and dad pay for it. Until I see some payment strips or a payment booklet that has your name and the amount you pay every month, I wont believe $hit.

If you don't know what a payment booklet it, obviously you've never made payments to a finance company.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
go on the m3forums, theirs kids bragging that they have m3 conv's @ 16 and saying they paid for it cash and with their own money. haha

dont you just love it...then what did they have while in mommy's womb, a 3 series that they also paid cash for through a wire tranfer through the umbelical cord??

Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
My 2 cents...

It goes without say that if you bought your G with your hard earned money, congrats. You've come up and you're doing well for yourself.

What i don't understand is why people are so bent out of shape about someone younger getting the same car as a gift or whatnot from their parents.
Not every single one of them is "undeserving" as you say.

From the G-community, i've met a few kids that were like 18 that love their cars and are humble about it.

Spoiled? Possibly. That's subjective.
Who the hell are you to judge? No one can make that call.
You think you're better just because you worked the way you did for ur G?
Different people come from different backgrounds.
It's not the kid's fault he was born into a family that is in a better situation than your family was when YOU were 18.

Stop the hate please.
If you're that much of a grown up, that means u've experienced life, learned about the world and have the responsibility to hold down a good job.
Please handle yourselves like grown up individuals instead of bitter people mad because they had to work a little harder for stuff while some kid gets it handed to em.

Stay in your own world. Focus on yourself.
If you've got time to knock other people, means you've got too much free time or u're just an angry person in general.

As for me, i was just shy of a 4.000 GPA student all throughout highschool with extra-curricular activities and part-time jobs.
Parents didn't give me jack. No car, no nothing. They couldn't afford to.
Am i bitter? nah... i was. But not anymore, cuz i realize it's life.

So, I bought my first car (93 Acura Vigor) used for around 10k back in 98.
Not a single penny was contributed from my parents... all my money from savings and jobs.
They did help with insurance and maintenance.
For that little bit i'm appreciative.

I bought my G in June of '04 with a 10k downpayment and been makin payments since.
Once again, all my money.

Yes, I'm proud of myself. I'm happy for me too.
Don't care if anyone else is proud of me or not.
Don't care if someone else gets the same car for less work either.
Got my own life to worry about.

For some odd reason, i just don't hate that one kid that has a G with nice rims.
It's blatant that it was bought by the parents, but you know what?
I really just don't care.
Once you start getting caught up in that kind of mess, it just starts festering.
It's clearly evident in some of you guys' posts.

Let it go. Let's just enjoy our cars, yeah?
We're here to share and enjoy our cars.
It's by will, not by force.
If you don't like someone, move away.
Plain and simple.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
When i was buying my car, i happened to notice a 17yo getting a sedan that his parents bought. The sales guys and I were like "wtf". Later we learned that he did horrible in school. He barely graduated. You'd think "Why would his parents buy him a car?". Well his dad said that if he promised to get a job in the summer, he'd get him the sedan. What does he do? Walks to the Infiniti service dept and fills out an application to be a car washer. haha That was so stupid...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Woohoo! Finally 18 ... >.>