Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Woohoo! Finally 18 ... >.>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MEECHIN
My 2 cents...

It goes without say that if you bought your G with your hard earned money, congrats. You've come up and you're doing well for yourself.

What i don't understand is why people are so bent out of shape about someone younger getting the same car as a gift or whatnot from their parents.
Not every single one of them is "undeserving" as you say.

From the G-community, i've met a few kids that were like 18 that love their cars and are humble about it.

Spoiled? Possibly. That's subjective.
Who the hell are you to judge? No one can make that call.
You think you're better just because you worked the way you did for ur G?
Different people come from different backgrounds.
It's not the kid's fault he was born into a family that is in a better situation than your family was when YOU were 18.

Stop the hate please.
If you're that much of a grown up, that means u've experienced life, learned about the world and have the responsibility to hold down a good job.
Please handle yourselves like grown up individuals instead of bitter people mad because they had to work a little harder for stuff while some kid gets it handed to em.

Stay in your own world. Focus on yourself.
If you've got time to knock other people, means you've got too much free time or u're just an angry person in general.

As for me, i was just shy of a 4.000 GPA student all throughout highschool with extra-curricular activities and part-time jobs.
Parents didn't give me jack. No car, no nothing. They couldn't afford to.
Am i bitter? nah... i was. But not anymore, cuz i realize it's life.

So, I bought my first car (93 Acura Vigor) used for around 10k back in 98.
Not a single penny was contributed from my parents... all my money from savings and jobs.
They did help with insurance and maintenance.
For that little bit i'm appreciative.

I bought my G in June of '04 with a 10k downpayment and been makin payments since.
Once again, all my money.

Yes, I'm proud of myself. I'm happy for me too.
Don't care if anyone else is proud of me or not.
Don't care if someone else gets the same car for less work either.
Got my own life to worry about.

For some odd reason, i just don't hate that one kid that has a G with nice rims.
It's blatant that it was bought by the parents, but you know what?
I really just don't care.
Once you start getting caught up in that kind of mess, it just starts festering.
It's clearly evident in some of you guys' posts.

Let it go. Let's just enjoy our cars, yeah?
We're here to share and enjoy our cars.
It's by will, not by force.
If you don't like someone, move away.
Plain and simple.
+1

Old 11-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me or does Meechin go in depth on everything! And always good words might I add.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, i'm not a post ***** like Kia or PW.
So my post have to pack some punch.
Since i post like once every 2 days.

LOL.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Head 'n Shoulders
got my baby when i turned 18. Damn that was a good day...

Old 11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
i got mine when i was 15 and had 1 month left to get my license..im 16 now..ur not the spoiled one.. lol

Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by savefatkids
i got mine when i was 15 and had 1 month left to get my license..im 16 now..ur not the spoiled one.. lol
As "spoiled" as you may call yourself... I think that 1 month of torture after you got the G and couldn't drive it... is good enough to balance it out

Old 11-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by visualfusion
As "spoiled" as you may call yourself... I think that 1 month of torture after you got the G and couldn't drive it... is good enough to balance it out
lool ya trust me it was.. i always thought about taking it out but then i was like its not worth it if i get caught ill just wait that one month...but it was tempting

Old 11-04-2005, 12:17 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by aequitask
LOL dont trip...hes making a good point...if you work hard in school and youre parents get it for you then all the power to you..if you work hard and make the money to pay for it then power to you as well...
He wasnt the one making the point about working hard for your car, he said that he was sick of people saying hold old they were when they got thier car. basically he was whining.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Kamal34
haha stickup35sedan, ask him cause hes a smart a$$ know it all. I got my car when I was 18, TT when I was 18 and rebuild when 20. stickup35sedan am I cool now? Can we be friends? hahaha PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

I suggest you carefully read what MEECHIN wrote on the bot. of page 2. Take his advice and stop whining.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 AM
My 2 cents...

It goes without say that if you bought your G with your hard earned money, congrats. You've come up and you're doing well for yourself.

What i don't understand is why people are so bent out of shape about someone younger getting the same car as a gift or whatnot from their parents.

From the G-community, i've met a few kids that were like 18 that love their cars and are humble about it.

It's not the kid's fault he was born into a family that is in a better situation than your family was when YOU were 18.
Anyone is allowed to judge and have their own oppinions. Deserving or underserving... spoiled is still spoiled. Background has little to do with it. I cam from a family with a "comfortable" income. They could have easily bought me any super expensive car, but how is that supposed to teach me the value of money? I got a civic, that I payed half for, and all the mods were my own money... from bussing tables while still going to school. In MANY ways, I'll admit that I'm very spoiled and very lucky.

Stop the hate please.
If you're that much of a grown up, that means u've experienced life, learned about the world and have the responsibility to hold down a good job.
Please handle yourselves like grown up individuals instead of bitter people mad because they had to work a little harder for stuff while some kid gets it handed to em.

If you've got time to knock other people, means you've got too much free time or u're just an angry person in general.
I dont really care, as long as they are worthy of the car. Unlike that guy I saw at the gas station with a G35 that was packed with layers upon layers of dirt, being pumped with 87 gas, and hearing his bumper just tear to pieces as he scraped while leaving the gas station. He was not worthy to be a G owner. As for the youger kids that get them as gifts... they're still spoiled, regardless of they're worthy owners.

As for me, i was just shy of a 4.000 GPA student all throughout highschool with extra-curricular activities and part-time jobs.

Not a single penny was contributed from my parents... all my money from savings and jobs.

I bought my G in June of '04 with a 10k downpayment and been makin payments since.

For some odd reason, i just don't hate that one kid that has a G with nice rims.
Once you start getting caught up in that kind of mess, it just starts festering.

Plain and simple.

I dont let any of it bother me either. The only time it does is when I see a G35 being abbused! And it would be 10x worse if it was being abbused by a spoiled brat that didnt know the value of of such a great vehicle.

Old 11-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey guys...I am older than dirt, but I am as spoiled as any one of you possible. My kids bought me my G35 Coupe and I don't even have kids.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Cool

My 2 cents...

Stop the hate please.

Plain and simple.
+ 1