Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Came back from the Taste of Lexus event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Came back from the Taste of Lexus event

Still going on tomorrow (11/6) @ Dodger Stadium from 9-6 so if you get a chance, I highly recommend going. www.tasteoflexus.com

Test drove the IS 250 & 350, GS 430, SC 430, LX 470, RX 400h, BMW 330i, and the Benz E500. Big disappointment on the SC's handling. Acceleration was so-so. For $65k, not worth it. Mad props to the 330i. Lexus shouldn't have use the 330i as the competition. Spanked the IS in handling. IMO, compared to the 1st gen IS, I felt the 06' lost it's edge.

Check it out tomorrow if you got the time.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cant just show up man...you have to sign up before hand and it's limited. So make sure to register using the link provided above before you go peeps .

Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
21?! **** bastards! Be cool like GM and make it 18 =PP

Old 11-06-2005, 01:09 AM
They don't want to waste thier time since 18 year olds wont be purchasing a Lexus anytime soon. But the 18 year old's mommy or daddy can drive it.

If it were up to them, they'd probably make it 25 and up lol, but legally can't cause that would be discrimination.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:54 AM
HA HA im actually going to this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I plan on Rollin my G in there and spankin some cars. LOL

Old 11-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
They don't want to waste thier time since 18 year olds wont be purchasing a Lexus anytime soon. But the 18 year old's mommy or daddy can drive it.

If it were up to them, they'd probably make it 25 and up lol, but legally can't cause that would be discrimination.
from the large # of 18~ yr old G drivers here... I can imagine 18 year olds will be purchasing a Lexus very soon. If not a IS350... at least a 250.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The IS 250 is crap! For what...5k more, you get an additional 100+ hp, not to mention the respect from the 250 owners.

When I went yesterday, they had on the spot registration for Sunday's event. If I have time today, I'll be going back. Make sure to get the extra goodies from Lexus.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:50 PM
LjN...so you were there at the stadium.
I was there with my gf and we had a great time.
test drove the IS350 twice and the 330i...hands down to the IS350 for its smoothness and power...and the quality of the interior is top notch.
but as you, LjN, mentioned, I somehow preferred the handling of the 330i over the IS.
I persoanally didin't like the exterior of the IS, but kept on thinking an IS350 coupe should be made.
if they made a coupe version with more sport-oriented suspension, I would've traded in my G for a new IS yesterday.
wish they had MTs at the event, but they only had auto...gotta tell ya though, the IS held up pretty well when it was pushed hard.
an IS350 MT coupe with a bit simpler/cleaner center console and more sport-oriented suspension, it'd be an easy choice as my next car.
can't wait to see what Infiniti will do next to compete with the IS.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by visualfusion
from the large # of 18~ yr old G drivers here... I can imagine 18 year olds will be purchasing a Lexus very soon. If not a IS350... at least a 250.

With what credit? What collateral? On what salary? So again, thier parents will be purchasing real soon FOR them .

But I do know what you mean...its the 18 yearold who's gonna end up driving it anyhow...so it shouldn't matter who is buying, it should be the future driver. Maybe if you show up with a parent at the dealership, they will let you as long as mom or dad goes along for the test drive too.

Old 11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
My brother and friends are there right now. I didnt get to go since im not 21 yet. Oh well...i wouldve wanted to see how the IS350 felt to drive

Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
With what credit? What collateral? On what salary? So again, thier parents will be purchasing real soon FOR them .

But I do know what you mean...its the 18 yearold who's gonna end up driving it anyhow...so it shouldn't matter who is buying, it should be the future driver. Maybe if you show up with a parent at the dealership, they will let you as long as mom or dad goes along for the test drive too.
Eh, have you never heard those kids who are like "I wanted a [insert car here], but my parents wouldn't go for it so they got me a [insert another car here] instead. So it's ultimately the parents' decision (...unless the kid happens to be real humble with his desire lol).

I would have to agree about the 330i spanking the IS, this event took place in the northeast and Miami about a month ago so there were a lot of extensive reviews about it. To me the 5 series and the E-class were superior to the GS as well. Lexus cars just don't offer anything that other cars don't do better, except for the reliability of course.

Old 11-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Yes yes, sorry. Their PARENTS will be purchacing them. But I don't get the whole 21 thing. I went to Lexus dealer yesterday w/o parents (I'm 18) and test drove a IS350 with no hassles or problems...

Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
HA HA, i just got back. man i got like 3 bags of free stuff. Too bad in every bag it contains the same thing.

I got some new shot glasses, some mints, some pretty good food. And the best part was getting kicked out.

LOL dude those guys are big time dicks. I had to do something so they would get pissed off. Lets just say the car runs way better with the traction control off and i used the car as a bowling ball and the cones were my pins.

HA HA but it was pretty good had a fun time

Old 11-06-2005, 10:49 PM
^ HAHAHAHA freakin ay bro...

Old 11-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by RashMan1450
HA HA, i just got back. man i got like 3 bags of free stuff. Too bad in every bag it contains the same thing.

I got some new shot glasses, some mints, some pretty good food. And the best part was getting kicked out.

LOL dude those guys are big time dicks. I had to do something so they would get pissed off. Lets just say the car runs way better with the traction control off and i used the car as a bowling ball and the cones were my pins.

HA HA but it was pretty good had a fun time

LoL...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Came back from the Taste of Lexus event