Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

advice needed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice needed...

Well, it was 10:10am heading to the office in Montebello to pick-up a co-worker so we could roll to Ontario to meet a client @ 11... anywho, i was rolling with my brother (he works with me) to the office, and when I jumped on the freeway, it was quite a bit of traffic (not really normal for being 10am).

Since i was in a sort-of in a hurry, i decide to jump in the carpool, crossing the double lines. I know it was wrong of me, and it only happens on emergencies, and it isn't often.

Anywho, once i jump in the carpool, the bike cop passes me just as a finished crossing. he was riding behind a car, so i didnt notice him.

i got a ticket for just crossing the double lines. any advice would help.

on a funny thing, the cop asked if i had an aftermarket exhaust (its stock!). which i said, nope, one of the reasons i bought the car lol

i wasn't being a dick or anything to the cop, he wasnt being a dick either. he actually complimented me on my wheels and a nice choice of car.

he also asked why i had the numbers 7200 on my back/front/side window. i explained i had taken the car Irwindale drag strip. He said that's great!

all in all, i took the ticket, i wasn't mad or anything, because my action caused the ticket.

but if you guys have any advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

by the way, first ticket on the G and on Friday the 13th.

1 last thing, twice through-out the day, 2 cars almost hit me!!!! what a day huh!?

Old 01-14-2006, 07:11 AM
questions, feel free to ask!

Old 01-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think you're gonna have to eat that one.

crossing two double yellows is something i've done in the past and got caught once.
seems like the cop was shmoozing you into just signing the ticket and headin your way.
cops are known to lie to people's faces to get them to ease up from resistance/talking, just to get them to take the ticket and head off.

but anyway, back on topic.
i'm not sure how you could fight this.
i think u may be stuck with it, but i may be wrong.

good luck.

question though:
what freeway was this?
the one time i was pulled over in my G i was going 90mph and cop never asked me once about mods.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
GP1
being a rider and having almost been taken out by drivers who cross double yellows, I'm very partial to this illegal act. I'm sure you can imagine the expletive's I've used when I've been cut off by drivers who have done this. At least once I've taken a boot to someone's door. Not that I like to kick at a car, but damn...if you almost kill me, I think I have a right to let you know it! From day one of driver's ed, we were all taught that crossing doubles is illegal.

Anyway, enough of my rant. pay the fine.

ps: one CHP officer told me he only tickets those that come close to causing an accident. One other motor officer told me he writes anyone because he rides his personal bike on the fwy's too and has almost been taken out himself.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM
MEECHIN: it was going on the 110N, about where Gage is at.

GP1: yea i understand, about crossing doubles is illegal and not being safe and what not, but trust me when I say i made the crossing safe enough not to get hit from the back, or come even close to it.

and i'm pretty sure it's going to just come down to me paying the fine...

question: would I get a point on my D.L. if so, i'll have to take traffic school correct?

Old 01-14-2006, 07:27 PM
GP1
Hey sky350GT. I know. I just get a little bent out of shape when it's double yellows. Most people actually do cross them fairly safely. It's the rare a**hat that really gets to me.

Anyway, yes, I think you'd get a point simply because it's a moving violation. Traffic School would seem to be the best way. Except, I do have a question. Were you clearly crossing the doubles? or is there a possibility that only 1 tire crossed the doubles and the rest of the car crossed where the dotted lines are/were? If that's the case, it may be worth it to try and fight it.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Is there any chance a slow moving vehicle in front of you unexpectedly applied their brakes and the lane to the right was occupied, so the safest thing you could do to avoid a collision (or cause rear end to you by slamming on brakes) was to enter HOV lane momentarily in order to avoid hitting vehicle in front of you?

If so – go to court and contest… you have a good chance.

If not, you'll probably have to pay… yes insurance will be affected. Traffic school would be a good choice.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:04 AM
GP1 - yea, i clearly crossed the double lines..

OCG35 - the traffic was bumper to bumper, so it would of probably came into that scenario, down the road. but my friend had told me to explain that same scenario to the judge, and maybe i'll let off the hook, but if not, oh well...

man, i had a question, but it slipped my mind (im still half asleep) lol

Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sky350GT
GP1 - yea, i clearly crossed the double lines..

OCG35 - the traffic was bumper to bumper, so it would of probably came into that scenario, down the road. but my friend had told me to explain that same scenario to the judge, and maybe i'll let off the hook, but if not, oh well...

man, i had a question, but it slipped my mind (im still half asleep) lol
You could always tell the judge that someone stopped very short in front of you and forced you into that lane as it was your only way out of the impending accident that would have followed, and that lane was clear. As they teach you - 'always leave yourself and out'...you just had to use yours.

Anyways - wouldn't that be a fib?

Old 01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Go to court and try to fight the ticket. Tell the judge you tried to prevent an accident. If the cop does not show up, then your free of charge, if he does fight the ticket and worst thing that will happen you will get the ticket then you can go to traffic school to clear your record. Goodluck.