Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any Good Orange County/LA Body Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!! Any good body shop in Orange County/LA

My G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite just got hit on the front right quarter panel by someone who ran a RED light. I probably need to replace the front bumper w/ beam support, the light, the quarter panel, and recondition the wheels.

Anyone know of a very very good place where price is not issue (since insurance will pay for it) auto body shop in Orange County? I am willing to goto LA if need be for a good job.

So far these are the shops I dig up the pass couple of days. Can someone who have use them give me some in put.

1) Wet Works Garage
http://www.wetworksgarage.com/index.htm

2) Marco's Auto Body
http://www.marcosautobody.com/index.html
Note: Seem like everyone is talking about them on the forum. Are they that good?

3) California Auto Collision
http://www.calautocollision.com/contact.htm
Note: Infiniti of Costa Mesa, and Infiniti of Tustin refer their customer to these guys to do the body work.

4) Caliber Collision Centers
http://www.calibercollision.com/
Note: Infiniti of Mission Viejo recommend them. They are a chain of support all over the United States.

5) Quigley's Auto Body
http://www.quigleysautobody.com/a.htm
Note: Someone on this forum really like them, cause they keep on writing about them. Has anyone else use them?

6) Auto Recon
http://www.autorecon.com/
Note: Their website looks nice, but are they work good?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by tbnguyeny3k; 01-17-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Old 01-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the thread. I just listed some Orange County shop that the Infiniti dealer recommended, but should I trust them?

Old 01-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I dropped my sedan off at Auto Recon on 1/05 to get some work done on the left quarter panel and front bumper. The owner assured me it'd be done by Saturday the 14th at the latest. I get a call on the 14th saying they'd need till Monday the 16th. On the 16th I get a call saying they need another day, and that I'd need to wait till today, the 17th. I call today and a guy tells me they need till Thursday the 19th. I haven't even seen their work yet and I'm already pissed off.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I went to the Auto Recon place last weekend. The head QC guy Darren sounded pretty kewl. But the mention to me that they will be moving to a bigger facility across the street.

What I notice from them was that they didn't have a paint booth. They had one of those plastic curtain thing to do the paint job.

I'm assuming when they move to their other location, everything will be in place....

Anyways, the delay in delivery does not sound good. Did they give any explanation?

Old 01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similiar incident. Except a bit more damage than yours. I had to replace the whole bumper, etc., etc....don't want to go too much into detail. It hurts just thinking about it. Anyhow...I've been through a few accidents with my previous car (not my fault). <~ had to put that in there. Hahaha.
In my personal opinion...I always want the perfect color match with the factory paint right? Hi-Tech collision which is located throughout OC, and I think LA...does a fantastic job. They are pretty pricey though. But like you said....price doesn't matter. My bro also got his car fixed there, and he only had it for like less than 6 months. Perfect color match! That's the worst when you don't have a perfect color match, and your car looks like two-tone. It's not one of those shady shops either. Another reason why I went is because my cousin is a GM at one of the shops. He's been in the industry for almost 20 some years. And he tells me that you can't beat the quality of work. I had my previous car fixed at other shops that he worked at, and I have to admit that you can notice a bit of a color difference. Sorry this is so long. PM, and maybe I can refer you to him. His shop is located in Garden Grove. Good luck!

Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by tbnguyeny3k
Anyways, the delay in delivery does not sound good. Did they give any explanation?
They've been claiming to be moving across the street since last September.

On Saturday the owner (Rich) says everything's looking great and he just needs a few more hours to properly detail/wash the car, and that he wants to examine the car under sunlight to see any imperfections.

On Monday he doesn't give an excuse, just wants more time.

Today, he says the painter didn't notice the bumper was misaligned, and that he'll need till Thursday to readjust it.

I'm betting on another delay on Thursday. If insurance is paying for it, I'd go with Quigley's - at least they try and appear professional.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I call and spoke to a guy at Quiley the other day, and that guys sounded like he just woke up and didn't know much about the business. Makes me worry about actually going there. But I could be wrong.

If someone has use Quiley before, and input would be greatly appreciated.

Question: If I am willing to drive the distance. Should I goto Marco's Auto Body and just get it done there. Are they really that good?

Old 01-18-2006, 01:16 PM
If you call Quigley's, ask for Bruce (if not, ask for Mark)... tell them Mark with the TT'd IP G35/Skyline Coupe recommended them. The guy who did the actual work on my car is named Craig. They did all the paint and body kit install work on my car (as well as the vert. doors). You can ask other members to see what they think of the paint job/matching on my G. I stand by their work. They have also painted and repaired a few other g35driver members' G35's and import cars... they do excellent work overall. They do alot of cars for blockbuster movies as well... very professional, skilled, and they have quality equipment.

Take care,

Mark

Old 01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Sixteen CUstoms in Gardena...

loved their work

Ed Lin

Old 01-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Auto Recon called back today for the 5th straight extension. I was supposed to get the car back on the 14th, and they want till the 21st. Going by their excuses, the latest delay is because the paint didn't match (again), making it the 3rd time the bumper's been painted.

I haven't been to car painting school, but jesus christ, how hard is it to match black with black?

Old 01-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Wow. Thank goodness I created this topic this week. Shhh...I was so close to dropping off my car to them. Suck that they keep delaying.

I have State Farm as an Insurance company. And I visited all of there Perfer Shop this week. And none of them look like they will do a good job. Anyways, I am seriously thinking of just driving to Marco's in San Gabriel and have them fix it.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:58 PM
My dad has gone to quigleys many times (the accidents are never his fault he says ) but they have always done a great job on his car but they are a little bit more expensive and they do great work.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Ali Baba and the 40 G's
Originally Posted by treachery
Auto Recon called back today for the 5th straight extension. I was supposed to get the car back on the 14th, and they want till the 21st. Going by their excuses, the latest delay is because the paint didn't match (again), making it the 3rd time the bumper's been painted.

I haven't been to car painting school, but jesus christ, how hard is it to match black with black?

Sounds like the shop is in bankruptcy or close. The signs?

Delays

Can't match paint because they lack adequate resources

Can't pay qualified sprayers (they make bank!)

My advice? Get a refund...find a new shop