Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kobe Scores 81 points!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the main thing with Kobe is his attitude/ego like others mentioned.

He's got all of the god given talent to be a winner....but I don't really think he has the ability to play with other great talents like Mr. Kamal pointed out.

I wasn't behind the scenes of the whole Shaq and Kobe drama, but I blame it all on Kobe...Shaq was always trying to make it cool with Kobe, even stroking his ego by calling him "The Greatest and most talented player in the NBA"...but Kobe couldn't get along with Shaq, or the other players mentioned.

But hopefully Kobe can mature and show he's a team player, after that maybe the Lakers can draw some talent in. Imagine them trading Odom for Artest....the Lakers would be SICK! That is if Kobe and Artest don't kill eachother first.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Nah man...Odom is my boy...been his fan since clippers...

Old 01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Odom sucks...that guy is so inconsistent. He's got a lot of talent, but he doesn't always perform that well.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He doesn't have a chance to be consistent because he never consistently gets the ball from senor ballhog.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:35 PM
^ HAHAHAHAHAHa....good one man....and so true it brings a tear to my eyes.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Odom sucks...that guy is so inconsistent. He's got a lot of talent, but he doesn't always perform that well.

+1, He is so good the year he went to the Olympics they lost.

It seems at first glance that Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point night in 1962 is far superior to Kobe Bryant's 81-point game Sunday. After all, Bryant still needed 19 more points -- roughly Pau Gasol's average -- just to catch the Dipper.

But if you stack the two games side by side, you'll come to the startling realization that Bryant's performance was actually far superior. Breaking the two games down by the numbers, it quickly becomes apparent what a dominant night Kobe had.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:49 AM
its 81 ****1n points and you guys are still on his ***....its 81 points...thats more than some teams on some nights...its not like hes a.i. and shoots 12 for 33 and gets 30 points...cmon give him props...

Old 01-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by OkinawanMajik
first of all basket ball is the gayest sport ever created!! with that said, MJ would have never won with out Pippin.. fact.

no shaq? please ...spurs had no shaq? heat had no kobe!! 76 had no coach...knicks have no coach now.... one guy doesnt make a team great...if you look at it, the greatest teams in history in my opinion were the kemp, payton, shrempf, and them other guys sonics of 5-6 years ago....the celtics of the 80's, the lakers of the 80's the pistons of the 88-91 season.. and the always beaten suns with barkley, ainge, west, that three point shooting white dude..cant remember his name.. they didnt even have a real center, but were still good...can anyone name the whole bulls starting line up? that was a team...jordan, pippin, cartwrigt, paxton, and armstrong? i think? or the jazz of the 90's I hate basket ball with a passion and only watch it during the playoffs, and trust me...those were teams. i met kobe once and yes he is arrogant. his wife is way worse....but his skills are pimp tight..will they win a finals...yea i think so, and he wil still play the same way..but so will shaq. shaq is crap with out someone dishing it to him. kobe has no support. and he pushes his suppor t away because he plays at a level that is way faster than them.....those people that always got mad were fossils. malone? payton? griffin? please! they wee on their last leg and never won crap anyways...i wouldnt want losers on my team and expect them to win? id be like you wanna give me the keys to success gramps? what have you won? second place is first loser!!! loser!

but what do i know...all basket ball is gay anyways...now soccer!! RONALDO!!!!!! BRASIL!!!! figo, zidane, roberto carlos, micheal owen, thierie henry, ronaldinho, rovaldo, inzaggi, juventes, real madrid, liverpool, arsenal, everton, camaroon national team, son....those are athletes!!!!! gay *** basketball!! please! 81 points? try scoring one against those guys!!!!!!

beotches!!!!!!!!

what the hell did you just say..?? someone give me the cliffnote version..

like i said, kobe cant hold MJs jock. FACT!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by OkinawanMajik
first of all basket ball is the gayest sport ever created!! with that said, MJ would have never won with out Pippin.. fact.

no shaq? please ...spurs had no shaq? heat had no kobe!! 76 had no coach...knicks have no coach now.... one guy doesnt make a team great...if you look at it, the greatest teams in history in my opinion were the kemp, payton, shrempf, and them other guys sonics of 5-6 years ago....the celtics of the 80's, the lakers of the 80's the pistons of the 88-91 season.. and the always beaten suns with barkley, ainge, west, that three point shooting white dude..cant remember his name.. they didnt even have a real center, but were still good...can anyone name the whole bulls starting line up? that was a team...jordan, pippin, cartwrigt, paxton, and armstrong? i think? or the jazz of the 90's I hate basket ball with a passion and only watch it during the playoffs, and trust me...those were teams. i met kobe once and yes he is arrogant. his wife is way worse....but his skills are pimp tight..will they win a finals...yea i think so, and he wil still play the same way..but so will shaq. shaq is crap with out someone dishing it to him. kobe has no support. and he pushes his suppor t away because he plays at a level that is way faster than them.....those people that always got mad were fossils. malone? payton? griffin? please! they wee on their last leg and never won crap anyways...i wouldnt want losers on my team and expect them to win? id be like you wanna give me the keys to success gramps? what have you won? second place is first loser!!! loser!

but what do i know...all basket ball is gay anyways...now soccer!! RONALDO!!!!!! BRASIL!!!! figo, zidane, roberto carlos, micheal owen, thierie henry, ronaldinho, rovaldo, inzaggi, juventes, real madrid, liverpool, arsenal, everton, camaroon national team, son....those are athletes!!!!! gay *** basketball!! please! 81 points? try scoring one against those guys!!!!!!

beotches!!!!!!!!

If you think 10 guys chasing a ball is gay....soccer has 22 guys chasing 1 ball

Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
this is a funny thread LOL

Old 01-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
+1, He is so good the year he went to the Olympics they lost.

It seems at first glance that Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point night in 1962 is far superior to Kobe Bryant's 81-point game Sunday. After all, Bryant still needed 19 more points -- roughly Pau Gasol's average -- just to catch the Dipper.

But if you stack the two games side by side, you'll come to the startling realization that Bryant's performance was actually far superior. Breaking the two games down by the numbers, it quickly becomes apparent what a dominant night Kobe had.

What did you say??? HOW?? LOL!

Next to the guy who said it's not like he shoots 13 of 33 for 30 points, um guess you don't watch many Kobe games. Not only does he not average the points Jordan did with the 50% fg percentage like jordan did, for Kobe to get his 28 point avg or whatever it is, he has nights where he kicks up 40 shots to do it. He actually does shoot inconsistently. When he's hot he's hot, no one is denying he has talent. There is a reason why they are number 7 in the west though: KOBE!

Anyone on here who has actually played team sports understands it doesn't take one superstar to win. It takes team chemistry, being in synch, playing together to win. Kobe's ego doesn't allow any such chemistry. He is an arrogant immature selfish man. That is why the Lakers are # 7. With Kobe and Odom, they could have enough of a 1-2 punch to go deep into the playoffs, but Kobe can't play team sports! He has proven that!

Want proof that it takes a TEAM to win? Look at the Spurs or the Lakers. Neither one of those teams has a guy putting up 81, but they play together and they win rings!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Inno

Next to the guy who said it's not like he shoots 13 of 33 for 30 points, um guess you don't watch many Kobe games. Not only does he not average the points Jordan did with the 50% fg percentage like jordan did, for Kobe to get his 28 point avg or whatever it is, he has nights where he kicks up 40 shots to do it. He actually does shoot inconsistently. When he's hot he's hot, no one is denying he has talent. There is a reason why they are number 7 in the west though: KOBE!

Anyone on here who has actually played team sports understands it doesn't take one superstar to win. It takes team chemistry, being in synch, playing together to win. Kobe's ego doesn't allow any such chemistry. He is an arrogant immature selfish man. That is why the Lakers are # 7. With Kobe and Odom, they could have enough of a 1-2 punch to go deep into the playoffs, but Kobe can't play team sports! He has proven that!

Want proof that it takes a TEAM to win? Look at the Spurs or the Lakers. Neither one of those teams has a guy putting up 81, but they play together and they win rings!

I've been a Laker fan since the age of 5, I watch and play all sports. MJ's was great but should we talk about when he was with wizards? Kobe came into the NBA at the age of 18 and has 3 rings, can't be stopped, makes great shots, great defence and when Shaq was here they always went to Shaq first then kicked it out, who's mister cluch? I think you hate but the truth is his 81 points was historical and if the boy is hot let him shoot. Trying to bring up old **** just makes you look bad, I'm out!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Inno

FG for 2005-2006
Made Att. Pct
12.5 27.7 45.2

source: yahoo nba stats

40 shots a game?
and yea its not 50% but 45.2 aint exactly crappy for a guard...

Richard Hamilton DET 50.9
Bonzi Wells SAC 47.7
Jason Richardson GS 45.4
Kobe Bryant LAL 45.2

4th best fg% among shooting guards in the nba...not too bad...yea he had a bad shooting night against pho the other day but thats one night...everyone has bad nights..look at the 3 games before that night...46.4, 54.2, 48.6...i think thats pretty consistent.

and how has kobe proven he cant play team sports? they didnt 3 peat or anything with kobe right? yea hes by himself now but lets not forget all the big shots hes made during that 3 peat that saved the laker team

Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
If you think 10 guys chasing a ball is gay....soccer has 22 guys chasing 1 ball
2 girls chasing 2 ***** is what i want to see

Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by TINMAN
2 girls chasing 2 ***** is what i want to see
+1 on that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kobe Scores 81 points!!!