Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Something I have to clear up about police

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that great story Kia... HEY C@CK BOY wrong thread!

Old 02-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Inno
Clearly you don't know any police officers! Hahahaha! How naive. It's funny.

Sorry dude, but police officers get promotions and raises based on PERFORMANCE just like the rest of us. How is a police officers performance judged? Simply put, the amount of bad guys he takes down, i.e. the number of tickets he writes. So sure there is no quota, but if he isn't writing enough tickets he will be gone.

Police officers are not here to protect and serve, they are here to generate revenue through ticketing. LMFAO!
im gonna put my foot "Inno" a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

yes they do have an unwritten quota... do u even know the meaning of "quota"???

Old 02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kamal34
Thanks for that great story Kia... HEY C@CK BOY wrong thread!
dude i farted in your face last night while u were asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by GRider35c
im gonna put my foot "Inno" a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

yes they do have an unwritten quota... do u even know the meaning of "quota"???
'

Reread my post and you will clearly see I was implying they have an unwritten quota. I guess you were too busy trying to come up with a lame 4th grade level pun to comprehend what I wrote.

Last edited by Inno; 02-02-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Kamal34
Inno, obviously you dont know what the hell your talking about.... My brother is a reserve and I took pc832 classes, and a cousin of mine is a Sheriff working the Rampart division . A cop is encouraged, absolutely, to write more tickets but its not where if he doesnt pass 20/month hes kicked out of the squad. Inno if you had a bad experience with the law and are forced to "hate" all officers im sorry to hear, but if you watch rap music videos and hear all your friends talk shi* on cops and that influences you then thats horrible.

lol Dude all I got to say is, if your house gets robbed or a family member of yours gets injured(GOD forbid), first thing you would do is call 9-1-1. The "PIG" hotline.
I'm very proud to hear you have completed your PC832 classes.

Regarding your assumptions on my feelings about law enforcement, I have every right to b*tch about the performance of our civil servants who's salaries I help pay!

PS... If you think telling the police will do anything after your house is robbed you should stop watching CSI.

Last edited by Inno; 02-02-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 PM
One more thing.... If police officers were here to protect and serve, rather than generate revenue writing tickets, when your house got robbed, they wouldn't just come over and write a report and leave. They would dust for fingerprints, take the report back to the station, actually see if they can get a match on those prints, track down the bad guy and bust him. Instead, they take the report and leave because they are too busy writing tinted window tickets, loud exhaust tickets, beating up one guy on the ground with their four pig friends, and finally gunning down a war hero in cold blood. Nuff said. I'm out!

Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I SWEAR!!! I jinxed myself today. : ( CHP gave me a ticket for front window tint and no front plate!!! FAWK!!! bastards!

Old 02-03-2006, 12:24 AM
GP1
Originally Posted by Inno
One more thing.... If police officers were here to protect and serve, rather than generate revenue writing tickets, when your house got robbed, they wouldn't just come over and write a report and leave. They would dust for fingerprints, take the report back to the station, actually see if they can get a match on those prints, track down the bad guy and bust him. Instead, they take the report and leave because they are too busy writing tinted window tickets, loud exhaust tickets, beating up one guy on the ground with their four pig friends, and finally gunning down a war hero in cold blood. Nuff said. I'm out!
Hey Inno, I dont know you but the hatred you show towards cops will be evident to them if you should ever need their help.

I have a true story for you. I woke up one morning to find the garage door open and my cell phone and check book missing from my car. I was running late and called the cops to report the loss. They told me to sit tight and they'd be over in 10 minutes. I told them i couldnt wait because I was running late for an appointment. They asked me (nicely) to wait. I hung up, and as I looked up from putting the phone donw in my garage, the cop pulled up. He said goodmorning and took my statement. He then looked at the garage door frame, looked in the car and took fingerprints. He then gave me his card and asked me to call him later that day for the police report #. As he was getting ready to leave, he asked me if I still had time to make my appointment. (dispatch must have told him about my need for this to be quick). I said yes, loaded my golf clubs in the car and away I went.

This isnt the first time a cop was nice and professional to me. It's happened quite a few times. Including a speeding ticket written for 62 when i know I was doing 90+. Another one: When i was younger, I had a toy gun(gf's brothers toy) in the passenger seat. I got pulled over for expired registration. When the officer noticed the gun, I was asked to step out and of course they went through their routine including putting me face down on the lawn of the house I stopped infront of. When they got done with their business, they helped me up(never cuffed me) and thanked me for my time. I got the stern warning to make sure no more toy guns were in my car, and they let me go on my way.

Hopefully, in time, you'll get treated like a human being by a cop. I think that in most cases, they treat us liek sh**, because we act like sh**heads.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've my share of traffic stops and random pull overs in the past couple of decades. For the most part, the police officers are very decent and simply trying to do their job. One time me and my wife were pulled over for no apparent reason and hasseled for half an hour in a library parking lot. I got mad, but I got mad at that specific police woman instead of growing a hatred for ALL police EVERYWHERE. Sure, there are asses who happen to wear police uniforms, but that's only because they are human, and some humans are asses regardless of their profession. For the most part, I respect law enforcement officers and what they do. They have to put their lives on the line everyday for brats who call them PIGS just because they don't think window tint is illegal.

I've got tinted windows and no front plate, but if I ever get pulled over, I am not going to blame the officer since I knowingly disobeyed the traffic regulation. I know it sucks that we have G35 owners getting pulled over on a STOCK exhaust while Harley Davidsons rumbles by, but that doesn't mean those bikers never get pulled over.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok we all love the police! Congratulations!

Regarding your statements, you make major assumptions about myself and my experiences. Anyway... I'm bored of this. The police officer will get what is coming to him.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:46 AM
GP1
what assumptions? The stories I gave were true. or are you referring to Sukarains response. I think he's right on target. I personally know about 6 EE's with masters degrees that are real *******s.

I also know about 5 judges, a dozen atty's, 20 doctors who are real *******s. That doesn make all EE's, ME's Attys, judges, doctors *******s.
By the way, I ride an R6 that has aftermarket exhaust. Yes, I've been pulled over for exhaust.

I'm with Sukarain on this one.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:58 AM
I dunno Gerry....

The 3 times in my life i got pulled over, i was cordial and polite.
I front the niceties and stuff and immediately get a feel for the PIG's demeanor.

1st time i got pulled over was becuz of making a left-turn over two double yellows more than 24" apart. He was fairly polite, wrote me the ticket, and went on his porky way.

2nd time was about 8 months ago. He put me down for going 90 in a 55. He too was fairly polite but there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He asked "where's the fire, son?", there was short dialogue, he gives me a ticket and then asks if i know how to get back on the freeway. i wait til he leaves first and then head on my way.

3rd time the dood was an absolute jerk. if they ever made pork jerky, his face would be on the logo. the guy comes up and starts off nice. he tell me he pulled me over cuz of modified exhaust. he sees the shirt and tie and probably guesses i'm not some hoodlum. he calls me sir throughout the incident. he GENEROUSLY *snicker* lets me off on the tint and front plate but hammers me with a non-correctable exhaust ticket. the killer was when he told me i could possibly be dragged out of my car at gunpoint because i have NISSAN badges on an INFINITI. He said it's because the citing officer might think i'm "pulling a fast one and rebadging a stolen car." at this point i have a "you've gotta be $hittin me" look on my face and blurt out an "oh really???" and he goes "um yeah..." then he waddles away back to his pig-pen on wheels.

don't get me wrong pigs or pig-sympathizers.
i'm not saying all pigs are bad.
i'm particularly mad about #3 tho.
not because i got caught, but others get away. (HARLEY's)
it's fuggin ridiculous.

baaaaah!
not all cops are bad.
pigs can be evil too i guess.

i'll end it with a funny.

what do you call a cop eating bacon?

cannibalism

take it as a joke everyone.
don't get butthurt over it.

PEACE!!!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:02 AM
I guess you guys miss the point that police officers can use judgement on who they choose to pull over. If I were a cop, pulling someone over obeying traffic laws in an SUV with the side front windows tinted (where you can still see through) is a waste of time. In that time I could be looking for speeders zig zagging in and out of traffic causing dangerous situations. When I have been pulled over, I roll my windows down, turn on my interior lights, put both hands on the wheel, and use yes sir/no sir. I am very polite, but don't get that in return. Normally I get some jerk who is in a rush to write me a ticket.

In fact, simple things like minor violations like exhaust I do think are a waste of time, but if you read the whole set of threads, my problem is with cops like the one this whole multi thread thing is about who shoots a guy for no reason, three times. Or what about the five police officers on Monday beating the sh*t out of some guy on the ground? Too many excessive uses of violence!!! Cops are supposed to be trained to be calm in such situations.

Since you guys seem to think I'm a 16 year old gang member, I'll dispell that. I'm just a regular tax paying educated white guy. I don't feel discriminated against and to someone elses assumption, I don't listen to rap music. I don't have something against cops because of what someone said. It's all from personal experience and knowledge.

I have a friend who is a cop. She has no problem driving drunk even. All the cops I know break the law and used to break the law. They get on power trips becoming cops because it's the only somewhat ok paying job they can find with a high school diploma. Don't tell me they are selective either, because my one friend whom I speak of failed the lie detector test and still made LAPD.

It's no wonder we see cops beating the heck out of people and doing all kinds of stuff they shouldn't be doing.

Anyway, I would like to see the day where the majority of cops aren't here to act like the morons on Harold and Kumar, or for a real life example the two I just gave that happened this week. I would like to see cops remembering tax payers pay their salaries and that they are there to protect and serve. They are civil servants and should treat us the way they would want to be treated.

So if you want to harp on my negative remarks earlier, go ahead. It's how I feel, and God bless America for giving me the right to say them!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:16 AM
GP1
dunno Dru. I guess I'm just luckier.

Hey Inno, I'm with you on the cop that shot the Airman in Chino. See my response on the other thread. i just dont have a general hatred towards all cops. Infact there's this one with Corona PD. Nice!!!! and she's pulled me over too. But that's a different story.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:30 AM
discounts

Originally Posted by GRider35c
my car insurance went up this year because the DMV mistakenly has me for a ticket THAT I FOUGHT AND WON!!!

now i need to go thru a bunch of BS to get it off my record, which will hold up my car and motorcycle insurance!!!!!
Companies offer discounts to policyholders who have not had any accidents or moving violations for a number of years. You may also get a discount if you take a defensive driving course. If there is a young driver on the policy who is a good student, has taken a drivers education course or is at a college out of the area without a car, you may also qualify for a lower rate.
try checking http://www.insurance-quote-free.com, they give quote from diff. insurance comp. and see how others price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something I have to clear up about police