Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

west end alignement.....rant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
west end alignement.....rant

so i book a monday 10am appt with them two weeks in advance ....then 5 days before this appt, yesterday, i called them to see if i can move it to the afternoon same day cause i didn't want to be late going there from walnut to gardena, especially monday morning.........anyhow, he(Darin) says he's all booked up and can't do it, so i thought to myself that's cool, and i asked if theres any early 1or2pm afternoon appt...he says 5pm thursday and i told no too late for me......then i asked if it's ok if arrive 15 minutes after in case of traffic on the 10am appt..... boy of boy did he get off on that.........he tells me to leave early so not to be late, then he says if i come in 15 or 30 minutes late, it wouldn't matter because he spends 1 and a half hour per car(per appointed time)and when that time is up, he's done.........after he said that, i told him i rather cancel than to be late.........his nochalant repsonse was that it doesn't really matter to him because he gets work and booked regardless, which may be very true, but what's with the attitude?

Old 03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Because he goes by appointment.

I have gone to him plenty of times. I and know some members have as well. He is an awesome guy. Its just his personality i think.

But the reason he was saying that is because he doesnt like to work past a certain time. He likes to be on track with his schedule.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think he just doesn't have time to deal with flexibility...he would rather just move to the next person....business is business

Old 03-17-2006, 03:58 PM
umm yeah why dont you just leave earlier so you wont be late????

Old 03-17-2006, 04:13 PM
G Kreuzer
That's within Darren's personality, which is fairly direct and B&W. I don't believe he's giving you an attitude other than being up front. It is in fact true that he's ALWAYS booked. Sorry you feel that way. The dude does excellent work!

Old 03-17-2006, 04:49 PM
haha damn!

thats where i booked my appointment w/ my bro's s2k, and we had to cancel because i couldn't get my tires in time =\

lucky us we left him a msg

hopefully he's not too mad, we also called in advance too!!!

but i'll be going back to there!

Old 03-18-2006, 01:50 AM
yep, business is business......i understand that, and no matter how it's typed up, just can't convey actual message and tone of voice of that message.....i'll chalk it up to personality and move on.......

adc......when you have three little kids on a Monday morning school day and understand the local traffic pattern, you'll understand.......

Clint.....the manual transmission fluid is doing just fine!!!

Old 03-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
So you booked an appt. two weeks ahead of time...(good thing) then five days before the appt. you reschedule because....you realized that there was going to be traffic???? (not such a good thing) Then you ask if you can come in 15 to THIRTY minutes late??? (becoming a bad thing) I can understand where both of you are coming from; but I think this time you would both be in the wrong. If a shop is so busy they require two week advance notice for an appointment; it would seem like requesting a time shift five days before your appointment and then asking to come in 30 minutes late would be unacceptable. Of course the way he responded was unprofessional; but thats just how a lot of the extremely busy in house labor shops come off like; because it really is that busy and it is a stressful environment. Probably just his personality though. They just put it out on the table. Just out of curiosity why are you going to them? I know that they are top notch but for a street/race or even full race setup I know other places that are AWESOME and usually only require 2 day advance notice.

Best regards;

Jason

Originally Posted by klg35
so i book a monday 10am appt with them two weeks in advance ....then 5 days before this appt, yesterday, i called them to see if i can move it to the afternoon same day cause i didn't want to be late going there from walnut to gardena, especially monday morning.........anyhow, he(Darin) says he's all booked up and can't do it, so i thought to myself that's cool, and i asked if theres any early 1or2pm afternoon appt...he says 5pm thursday and i told no too late for me......then i asked if it's ok if arrive 15 minutes after in case of traffic on the 10am appt..... boy of boy did he get off on that.........he tells me to leave early so not to be late, then he says if i come in 15 or 30 minutes late, it wouldn't matter because he spends 1 and a half hour per car(per appointed time)and when that time is up, he's done.........after he said that, i told him i rather cancel than to be late.........his nochalant repsonse was that it doesn't really matter to him because he gets work and booked regardless, which may be very true, but what's with the attitude?

Old 03-18-2006, 06:40 AM
business is business but wtf happened to customer service. I mean its on the person. If you dont wanna deal with it then go somewhere else. That is totally cool but thats kind of arrogant IMO. I dont wanna go to a guy like that.

^^^ YEs THoSE ARE MY OPINIONS! Not forcing anything on anyone but just my .02.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Why do people pay top $$$ nowadays and settle for less? Its not like people are doing any favors by charging good money for a service which doesnt require a real true skill... AGAIN just my .02

Old 03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Kamal the guys prices are awesome. He charges like 40 bucks or so for an alignment.

100 somthin for 4 wheel corner weight which took like 3 hours. So i think the prices the awesome

and his lifts are drop friendly

Old 03-18-2006, 08:36 PM
ohhh..... ok thats makes sense. If his prices are that low, then yea I guess he can be anyway he wants.