Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

G is almost gone!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what i do......

jimmy,

you put it on your parents name, but without your name on the insurance.... thats how you make it cheap. If its under their name and your name is on it then its still going to be a lot. As long as you arent excluded then you are all good, you will be covered if **** happens. This works until the first accident, then they ask who was driving, you were as a "guest" you know, getting some mile from the corner store or whatever.

If my name was on the insurance, it would be like 400 a month... with my parents name on it, its like 120..

do this and keep your car...

f

Old 04-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by filipm
jimmy,

you put it on your parents name, but without your name on the insurance.... thats how you make it cheap. If its under their name and your name is on it then its still going to be a lot. As long as you arent excluded then you are all good, you will be covered if **** happens. This works until the first accident, then they ask who was driving, you were as a "guest" you know, getting some mile from the corner store or whatever.

If my name was on the insurance, it would be like 400 a month... with my parents name on it, its like 120..

do this and keep your car...

f
This only works if you don't live in the same household as your parents. If he lives in the same household as his parents and there is an accident, they could deny the claim citing misrepresentation for not disclosing him as being in the household. That's why a lot of companies will exclude anyone in the household that is not on the policy. If they live somewhere else, then yes, this would work to keep the cost down.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats true

forgot about that part... i dont live at home

f

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.