Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Kobe=God

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
LOL, this guy is delusional. The official ballots are not even out and you saying that the top 3 mvp are Nash, Kobe and Lebron. What a clown.

Secondly Do you have a problem reading? The MVP award is a regular season award. Playoff performances do not justify MVP choices. If Kobe scored 100 points in tonights game, it would be the greatest playoff performances in hisotry but it would still not justify him being MVP. I repeat, MVP candidates are based on 82 regular season games. Let me know if you need to say it again if you have trouble reading this.

Let me tell you two players that are playing at Kobe's high level right now. Dirk and Lebron. But the reasons are obvious to why you fail to see this.
Once again please SHUT up!! how many times do i have to tell you to SHUTUP!

Lebron and Dirk is not playing on the level KOBE is playing during the course of the season...Ill bet your mom that the top three candidates are NASH, KOBE, and LEBRON..

Dirk is going crazy during the playoffs.. he is playing good. I say this because i am a MAVS fan.. Lebron too is playing good in the playoffs, but i dont see them passing the wizards.

During the course of the season, there are no players to match the intensity of how kobe is/was playing.

SO please...PLEASE...shutup THANK YOU

Old 05-02-2006, 01:16 PM
I am not saying that Kobe SHOULDN't be MVP, but the reasons for Billups and Wade seem flawed. If the reason they shouldn't get the award is because they have other all stars or good players on their team, then Michael Jordan shouldn't have won because he had Scottie, or Shaq shouldn't have won because he had Kobe, and the list can go on and on.
The award is for the Most Valuable Person, not Best Player in the League. I do think it should come down to Kobe and Nash, but I think the voting was Nash as MVP, then Lebron, then Kobe third.
And lilmauwow is correct that the voting is done after the regular season, so no matter how good you are in the playoffs the votes were already cast.

As a side note, I still think Kobe's individual defense sucks. He is a very good help defender just like Andre Kirilinko, but one on one not so good. He has his days, but overall I think he needs to work on his D.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:19 PM
GAHAHAHHAAHAHAH if lakers wins this round.

i HAVE TICKETS (hopefully they fall through(mymoney)) to the next series!!!!

lol i'm just going to be a regular l.a fan. kobe > overall

Old 05-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
I am not saying that Kobe SHOULDN't be MVP, but the reasons for Billups and Wade seem flawed. If the reason they shouldn't get the award is because they have other all stars or good players on their team, then Michael Jordan shouldn't have won because he had Scottie, or Shaq shouldn't have won because he had Kobe, and the list can go on and on.
The award is for the Most Valuable Person, not Best Player in the League. I do think it should come down to Kobe and Nash, but I think the voting was Nash as MVP, then Lebron, then Kobe third.
And lilmauwow is correct that the voting is done after the regular season, so no matter how good you are in the playoffs the votes were already cast.

As a side note, I still think Kobe's individual defense sucks. He is a very good help defender just like Andre Kirilinko, but one on one not so good. He has his days, but overall I think he needs to work on his D.
I see what your trying to say. U must take this into consideration. Take billups for instance. there are too many arguements that goes against billups. He is in the east, his front line are all full of allstars. take billups out of the lineup and still the pistons would be top 3 . Billups is good though ... Wade is crucial to the miami heats.. but you cant factor out that he is in the east and he has shaq. Dont forget shaq is the most dominating player in the league. and they have alonzo he is an awesome center backup. MIAMI fans better be worried.
...You see the glove and flash talkin **** to each other??

Old 05-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Kobe Not MVP

I agree with lilmauwow. The MVP award should be based solely on regular season performance. Whether or not a player's first round playoff performance influences the voters decision is another issue. It should not, but let's be real, the voters are watching the first round of the playoffs.

Based on the regular season, Kobe should not be the MVP. If you want to label the MVP the player who's team would lose more games in his absence, then we should have been giving Kevin Garnett the MVP every single year. It appears that the only reason anyone gives as to why Kobe should be the MVP is because of his scoring and spectacular highlights. I think the MVP should be awarded to the player who's team makes the playoffs and who makes his teamates better. Kobe gives the Lakers wins because he's just that good, however, at the expense of his teamates performance.

Also, why fault Billups for having good teamates? I think Steve Nash should win the MVP award.

To the Mavs fan, how does it feel to be the second best team in Texas since 1989 when Mr. Robinson entered the league?

Old 05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by nightrider
Once again please SHUT up!! how many times do i have to tell you to SHUTUP!

Lebron and Dirk is not playing on the level KOBE is playing during the course of the season...Ill bet your mom that the top three candidates are NASH, KOBE, and LEBRON..

Dirk is going crazy during the playoffs.. he is playing good. I say this because i am a MAVS fan.. Lebron too is playing good in the playoffs, but i dont see them passing the wizards.

During the course of the season, there are no players to match the intensity of how kobe is/was playing.

SO please...PLEASE...shutup THANK YOU
Nah, I won't shut up when there are stuipd basketball fans like you in the world. All this guys says is Kobe is more intense, no one played on his level. All subjective views that has no credibility whatsoever to his arguement why Kobe should be MVP other than "he is leading the lakers past the first round, that's a lock for a MVP award".

And thank you rage for agreeing with me. I'm glad there are still some knowledgeable people on how the NBA awards work in this thread and what they are based on.

I can't wait till the official ballots are out. I myself never predicted who were the top 3 becasue i really dont' know other than Nash winning it. This was one of the closest MVP races ever. But Mr. Clown over here thinks he knows the resutls before they even came out. I'll just sit back and laugh................

Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I can see your argument for Billups, but again with that logic that would mean Magic shouldn't have gotten the MVP when he was surrounded by Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, etc. Magic was still no doubt MVP even though he had tons of support. I don't think Billups should be MVP, but I do think he should be considered very strongly. It is hard for me to judge Wade, because he does have a lot of support but most of them are over the hill already (Shaq, Alonzo, GP, and Toine). I love Shaq, and I wished they wouldn't have traded him, but the boy has got so many problems with his body he should at least consider retiring. I think his pride will make him stay until he can come close to a championship, since he has told Miami that he will bring one to them.

Didn't really see that fued, but I heard it was pretty heated. I didn't see Kaman getting his nuts grabbed either.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by rage777
I can see your argument for Billups, but again with that logic that would mean Magic shouldn't have gotten the MVP when he was surrounded by Kareem, Worthy, Rambis, etc. Magic was still no doubt MVP even though he had tons of support. I don't think Billups should be MVP, but I do think he should be considered very strongly. It is hard for me to judge Wade, because he does have a lot of support but most of them are over the hill already (Shaq, Alonzo, GP, and Toine). I love Shaq, and I wished they wouldn't have traded him, but the boy has got so many problems with his body he should at least consider retiring. I think his pride will make him stay until he can come close to a championship, since he has told Miami that he will bring one to them.

Didn't really see that fued, but I heard it was pretty heated. I didn't see Kaman getting his nuts grabbed either.
The single reason why Billups is mentioned in the MVP race is becasue he is their best player that led the detriot pistons on a record pace in regular reason wins. If the Pistons reached 70 wins, I would not have been suprised if Billups reached as high as second in the mvp ballot. Remember Jordan won the MVP award leading with 72 regular season wins. Leading a team to record wins like 69-72 wins is a huge acheivement that will be recognized.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Nah, I won't shut up when there are stuipd basketball fans like you in the world. All this guys says is Kobe is more intense, no one played on his level. All subjective views that has no credibility whatsoever to his arguement why Kobe should be MVP other than "he is leading the lakers past the first round, that's a lock for a MVP award".

And thank you rage for agreeing with me. I'm glad there are still some knowledgeable people on how the NBA awards work in this thread and what they are based on.

I can't wait till the official ballots are out. I myself never predicted who were the top 3 becasue i really dont' know other than Nash winning it. This was one of the closest MVP races ever. But Mr. Clown over here thinks he knows the resutls before they even came out. I'll just sit back and laugh................

Based on both your english skills, I will have to side with lilmauwow's argument. Thanks.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:07 PM
wtf? I never said that Kobe should be MVP.. I know Nash already got the MVP.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:16 PM
The Top 3 candidates for mvp were kobe, nash, and lebron...everyone knew this...yea there were others considered...but these were the top tier.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by MISTIKMACK
Kobe? Please !? Vinsanity baby !
GO NETS!

get outta socal!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I'm still pulling for Earl Boykins

Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
I'm still pulling for Earl Boykins

That cute little thing...

Old 05-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Rollin On Dubz
That fool weighs like 150 lbs, and hits 300 lbs on the bench press.

Earl is my hero!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kobe=God