ideas for future G community related Events/Meets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ideas for future G community related Events/Meets

I have started a new thread for all of us to pitch in and voice our opinions and give input on what we can do for the g community in Houston.

As you guys might have known, the g community is very broken up and weak down here. It's always been like this from the very beginning. I know this personally because I have numerously attempted to start many get together with fellow G owners in the very beginning when this car first debut. It's funny you see so many modded g owners around the Houston area but besides that you won't find them elsewhere. My point I am trying to make is that if we want the g community/scene to be much larger and stronger, then we will need to put forth a little bit of effort from everyone. Come out and meet one another and get to know everybody on a personal level. But mostly important of all is just have a great time and enjoy the cars.

Recently I have met a lot of new faces and seen some old faces and would be interested to get something started to help bind the g community and make it stronger like other parts of the area that I have seen on here.

So I will start by throwing out some ideas and we all can pitch in and fine tune things.

I was thinking of doing a monthly meet with the same time, same location, same day every month. Similar to the Coffee & Z's event for the Z owners. This will leave less confusion for regulars who come out since the information is the same every month. We can do it at Uptown or find a better spot with more open parking spots, so hopefully if this grows we will be covered for.

Any ideas, feel free to post them up.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night's albeit impromptu mini meet was great! Met a few new faces and saw the usual suspects as well.

I think Uptown Park is a great place to meet it's in the middle of town for most folks. There is a lot of parking, the security guards don't seem to mind us (as long as we don't park in front of McCormick and Schmuck's b/c the manager is a douche)

If we can get these monthly meets started and have a dedicated number of G drivers attend I think we'll be on our way to having the "exclusivity" like the Z's have. Which I know most G owners in Houston have been vocal about.

Ryan aka "Infinite1"
JDM Autosports

Old 06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just talked to Will about what we need to do to get a sub-forum started for Houston so we can get more organized and schedule meets/events. Lets get everyone to sign up in that thread and get suggestions for events for the future as well so we can get the Houston G scene really goin. Like you said, there's plenty of modded G's, just no organization available.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
I just talked to Will about what we need to do to get a sub-forum started for Houston so we can get more organized and schedule meets/events. Lets get everyone to sign up in that thread and get suggestions for events for the future as well so we can get the Houston G scene really goin. Like you said, there's plenty of modded G's, just no organization available.

Awesome! Thanks Aaron!